“GREAT food, but...”

San Felipe's Coastal Cantina
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Fresh ingredients. Killer specials. Libacious cocktails. Dorado's menu offers the best in-house recipes, straight from Mexico, utilizing the freshest local ingredients Arizona has to offer. All of our lunch, dinner and weekend brunch choices are made from scratch and we are proud to keep it local with Flagstaff's very own Tortilla Lady tortillas. Enjoy a signature margarita on our patio during the day or get out on the dance floor at night. Dorado's has it all!
Fresno
“GREAT food, but...”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I've been to this restaurant several times and always had great service and tremendous food. Best burritos ever. HOWEVER... This last time I paid for my meal with a credit card, and as I always do, I watched what he did with it. He went over to the register and swiped my card on the POS system, looked down, did it again... paused, looked down and then... the bad part. He took my credit card over to the counter and began taking an impression of my CC by rubbing a pencil or some other writing instrument over a piece of paper lying over my CC!!!! I watched incredulously for a second, then walked over to him and challenged him "What ARE you doing with my credit card!!?" He said the POS system was down and was making a manual charge with the old carbon-copy roller-imprinter from the old days. ??? I asked him "How am I supposed to know that?" He got indignant and said I had no "basis" to challenge his integrity. I said "Well, yes, I do when I see you hunched over my CC making a physical impression of it without telling me in advance what you're doing!!!" Apparently, he had no concept of coming over to inform me of the malfunction, and giving me a chance to pay cash, or at least to let me know he was doing a manual transaction. Guy had MAJOR attitude, and it was only when I was turning to leave did he ever apologize or act concerned. Now, this is the first time I've ever had a problem here, and will definitely be back. I'd love to give these guys an "Excellent" rating, but the four stars I did give are for the food, NOT the service. The food server let my burrito sit on the window for 7 minutes as she walked back and forth paying no attention to the fact an order was waiting to go out. Food is to die for in my opinion, but the staff needs BIG TIME training.

Bluffton, South Carolina
“Not impressed”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Definitely a college kids and bar venue. My grilled shrimp tacos (2) had 3 small shrimp in each, were not served hot and had more lettuce and tomato than anything. My husbands sampler plate was overpowered with cheese. Service was marginal. Could not in good conscience recommend this place.

Flagstaff, Arizona
“Expensive, and Unimpressive”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I live in Flagstaff, and have been to San Felipe's twice, both times were unimpressive. The establishment draws a large college crowd, as it is a propular drinking place. The food and service however are hardly decent. Plus it is expensive. $8 dollars for two anemic enchiladas ala carte. $12 dollars for two miniature tacos in prefab shells, with a dab of beans and 'rice-a-roni'. Expecting chips and salsa on the table? Not here, that's extra and also rediculously overpriced. I would deffinately recommend staying away from San Felipe's. Your wallet will think you. Go to Salsa Brava instead.

Flagstaff, Arizona
“Maybe this place is popular with college kids but”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Maybe this place is popular late at night with college kids but during regular business hours there is never much of a crowd. And that isn't hard to understand. Food is nothing special and neither is the service.

Visited November 2011
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Brilliant food and service”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Great atmosphere......staff are amazing and the food is as authentic to mexican as you can get, good serves and very very tasty.

Visited July 2012