“Taking Care of Families!”
Review of Flagstaff Extreme

Flagstaff Extreme
Ranked #8 of 107 things to do in Flagstaff
More attraction details
Owner description: Our Tree Top Adventure course is an elevated obstacle course set in the tall Ponderosa Pines and securely suspended between the trees at 15 to 50 feet off the ground.Some of the features of course include suspended bridges, swings, slides, nets, ziplines and even an aerial surf board.Come on your own, bring a group, or have a party or an event. Take a journey and explore the outdoors like you never have before.
Flagstaff, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Taking Care of Families!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

At first, we were really concerned about our kids' safety because we were afraid that they wouldn't follow directions. We hired a guide to help one of our boys who has Asperger's Syndrome so that we could make sure he was safe up there. Since I am terrified of heights, I couldn't take my boy up myself, but I figured it might be an awesome learning experience for my son. His guide's name was Brandon, who was extremely patient with our son and took him step by step through the courses. Brandon was with my son for over 3 hours, encouraging him when he needed to, and challenging him when necessary as well. Our son was kind of like a little monkey in the trees, with the help of his new friend Brandon by his side.
Brandon told me that he worked with special needs children before, and it truly showed! (He also teaches snowboarding at Snow Bowl, so we are going to be taking lessons from him there as well.) I have to give respect, not only to Brandon, who so lovingly cared for my son, but also to some of the other employees who took care of us.
Rob was a group leader (I think), he was very nice, made us feel at home and kept coming back to check on us. I thought he was the manager because he was so nice and professional and he pulled it off with facial hair and a baseball cap!
My other son's tour guide, Jake, (who also teaches snowboarding at Snow Bowl), not only took care of my younger son, but also answered all of our questions about Flagstaff and life in general. He is the red haired guy with a funny personality. These guys should get together and open up a survival skills school or something for kids.

Their care and concern for our family was not only refreshing, but gave my sons the confidence in a new skill. Our boys walked away from the experience equipped with the pride that they had overcome a new challenge. As a mother, I was so proud, I didn't think my older son would be able to climb for three hours. I'd recommend Flagstaff Extreme to any parent of a child with special needs or parents who simply want to get their kids away from the video games for a day. The staff will go out of their way to make it an awesome adventure for the entire family! Our boys want to bring their friends back for a birthday outing this month. Our teenaged daughters also want to try it because the boys were having so much fun!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank JOE Q

Tempe, Arizona
“Great time in the trees!”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I had a wonderful experience from beginning to end at Flagstaff Extreme. The courses are designed for people of all levels of skill and endurance. Staff was very helpful along the course and offered encouragement when needed. The zip lines were a blast and it was refreshing to spend the day outside swinging from the trees. I went with a couple of girl friends and we all had a fun time as we made our way through all the courses. It was an awesome way to spend the day and I would recommend it to people of all ages and physical abilities.

Phoenix, Arizona
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Sense of Accomplishment”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We visited Flagstaff Extreme for the first time. We had a blast! We completed this course with two girls, ages 12, and we all made it through the Black course. It took about 3 1/2 hours from start to finish.

I highly recommend that you wear comfortable, stretchy clothes. Also, bring fingerless gloves such as those that you wear for weight-lifting, and make sure you bring a snack and a drink. (Of course, you can buy all that stuff there as well.) You can also easily carry a fanny pack or some other small accessory that attaches securely to your body for your phone or camera.

On all the courses, there are a variety of objectives ranging from cargo nets to balancing on a wire (harnessed in, of course!). Plus, all the courses have zip-lines, which were the most fun part, but also the easiest.

We finished the green and blue courses with no trouble. Then, we took a break. Thank goodness we did, because the red and black courses blend together unlike the other two courses, both of which had a distinct ending and beginning. The last two courses were hard, although the red course had the best zip-line! Once we got to the black course, I was very tired, and even thought that I might need to be rescued from the "rings of death." Thankfully, we all completed the black course, and felt a great sense of accomplishment once we were done!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank DrBrightside2010
Chandler, Arizona
“"I think I can, hmm maybe, uhh I'm not sure, are you crazy??, I can't anymore!, heck yeah I can!!!”
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

After hearing about this course from several friends, I decided to reserve spots for my husband & I for the Labor Day weekend. I admit, we both were nervous, but from the minute we arrived, the staff was very informative & helpful. The guides do an excellent job of explaining the ins/ outs of the course & safety measures. It is not only a physical workout, but mental as well the higher you go on the obstacles. It promotes a great sense of partnership & teamwork, as those behind/ below you encourage & cheer you on. It definitely takes some upper body strength to go the distance, but if you can push through it, well worth that ending satisfaction of wearing the black band and saying " hell yeah we did it... Together! " One thing I would recommend to the company is posting staff at various obstacles to photograph those moments and make available afterwards for purchase. It is a bit difficult to try to get camera/ phone out on course, or then making sure the one left with camera has appropriate clothing on to hold camera. Will definitely recommend to others or our visitors!

Flagstaff, Arizona
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Having Fun In The Trees.”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

This is a MUST!

My fiance and I did this course on Thursday the 22nd for the first time and I highly recommend it! I would say we are average when it comes to fitness and we were able to do it without many complications.

The course is broken up into 4 levels, each level is progressively harder. Black is the last level and I do say by the time you get to that level you are working for what you want. There are 3-4 zip lines on the course which are AWESOME! I highly recommend finishing the red course (which is the third level) because it has the best zip line in my opinion. If you finish all four levels you get a black wrist band and are able to buy a black Flag X tee shirt. The staff is very friendly, we had Rob as our trainer (training course is about 5ish minutes, very basic) he was very nice and personable. Also if you are a student and bring your student ID you get a 10% discount. When we paid we forgot to show our ID but the lady at desk allowed us to use our discount as a credit to purchase something from the store.

Somethings I would recommend though would be to purchase gloves, we didn't do this and by the end of the courses our hands were pretty tender (we were offered gloves for purchase but thought we wouldn't need them). I also recommend wearing basketball shorts or something to that equivalent. Also I recommend going as early as possible, we went at 930am and it was perfect because nobody was on the course until 1030-ish. We were told to allow 2 1/2-3 1/2 hours for the course but we were able to get it done in 2, but that is probably because we were the only ones on the course.