“Sense of Accomplishment”

and up
Flagstaff Extreme Adventure Course-Kids Course
Ranked #1 of 71 things to do in Flagstaff
More attraction details
Owner description: Our Tree Top Adventure course is an elevated obstacle course set in the tall Ponderosa Pines and securely suspended between the trees at 15 to 50 feet off the ground.Some of the features of course include suspended bridges, swings, slides, nets, ziplines and even an aerial surf board.Come on your own, bring a group, or have a party or an event. Take a journey and explore the outdoors like you never have before.
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We visited Flagstaff Extreme for the first time. We had a blast! We completed this course with two girls, ages 12, and we all made it through the Black course. It took about 3 1/2 hours from start to finish.

I highly recommend that you wear comfortable, stretchy clothes. Also, bring fingerless gloves such as those that you wear for weight-lifting, and make sure you bring a snack and a drink. (Of course, you can buy all that stuff there as well.) You can also easily carry a fanny pack or some other small accessory that attaches securely to your body for your phone or camera.

On all the courses, there are a variety of objectives ranging from cargo nets to balancing on a wire (harnessed in, of course!). Plus, all the courses have zip-lines, which were the most fun part, but also the easiest.

We finished the green and blue courses with no trouble. Then, we took a break. Thank goodness we did, because the red and black courses blend together unlike the other two courses, both of which had a distinct ending and beginning. The last two courses were hard, although the red course had the best zip-line! Once we got to the black course, I was very tired, and even thought that I might need to be rescued from the "rings of death." Thankfully, we all completed the black course, and felt a great sense of accomplishment once we were done!

1  Thank DrBrightside2010
"lots of fun"
in 10 reviews
"an awesome experience"

Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

After hearing about this course from several friends, I decided to reserve spots for my husband & I for the Labor Day weekend. I admit, we both were nervous, but from the minute we arrived, the staff was very informative & helpful. The guides do an excellent job of explaining the ins/ outs of the course & safety measures. It is not only a physical workout, but mental as well the higher you go on the obstacles. It promotes a great sense of partnership & teamwork, as those behind/ below you encourage & cheer you on. It definitely takes some upper body strength to go the distance, but if you can push through it, well worth that ending satisfaction of wearing the black band and saying " hell yeah we did it... Together! " One thing I would recommend to the company is posting staff at various obstacles to photograph those moments and make available afterwards for purchase. It is a bit difficult to try to get camera/ phone out on course, or then making sure the one left with camera has appropriate clothing on to hold camera. Will definitely recommend to others or our visitors!

Reviewed August 23, 2013

This is a MUST!

My fiance and I did this course on Thursday the 22nd for the first time and I highly recommend it! I would say we are average when it comes to fitness and we were able to do it without many complications.

The course is broken up into 4 levels, each level is progressively harder. Black is the last level and I do say by the time you get to that level you are working for what you want. There are 3-4 zip lines on the course which are AWESOME! I highly recommend finishing the red course (which is the third level) because it has the best zip line in my opinion. If you finish all four levels you get a black wrist band and are able to buy a black Flag X tee shirt. The staff is very friendly, we had Rob as our trainer (training course is about 5ish minutes, very basic) he was very nice and personable. Also if you are a student and bring your student ID you get a 10% discount. When we paid we forgot to show our ID but the lady at desk allowed us to use our discount as a credit to purchase something from the store.

Somethings I would recommend though would be to purchase gloves, we didn't do this and by the end of the courses our hands were pretty tender (we were offered gloves for purchase but thought we wouldn't need them). I also recommend wearing basketball shorts or something to that equivalent. Also I recommend going as early as possible, we went at 930am and it was perfect because nobody was on the course until 1030-ish. We were told to allow 2 1/2-3 1/2 hours for the course but we were able to get it done in 2, but that is probably because we were the only ones on the course.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Most fun you can have at the top of the trees! Very safe, staff is knowledgeable and friendly, you can choose your own adventure and skill level. A girl in the group in front of us passed out (later we learned she has medical problems) and the rescue staff was there in a matter of seconds.

The ladders to the next level were the hardest for me, like a carnival game where you have to balance on a roap ladder to get to the prize!