“Great stay!!!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Canyon Inn Flagstaff
Ranked #50 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
“Great stay!!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay immensely!!!We had a late check in but the lady at the front desk was an absolute dear, our room was very clean, we had plenty of towels, and the beds were super comfy. The breakfast wasn't that great but overall amazing stay!!

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank China J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Polish first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

Do not stay here! Yes the remodeled the room- but still a little ugly. The did change our sheets or clean anything.
Check in was terrible- place smelled like smoke, the lady was SO rude. I asked her to wait while I pulled up the confirmation and she said she couldn't deal with me and stormed off. Her husband- who was actually a semi-normal person came in and it was fine- no issues. Until the next day when my friends tried to check in and the lady screamed at them and chased them in the parking lot. SHE IS CRAZY!!!! We were scared for our belongings and our lives. STAY AWAY FROM HERE!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
1 Thank UofAdri

Travelers are raving about these Flagstaff hotels

Beverly Hills, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

I made a reservation for the Canyon Inn through http://www.canyoninnflagstaff.com/ (powered by sellvel.com). I accidentally reserved the wrong date, and there was no contact given in my confirmation email beyond canyoninn501@gmail.com.

I called the Canyon Inn at (928) 774-7301 and explained my situation. The female proprietor was instantly rude and aggressive, telling me I had to call Expedia to change the dates. I explained I did not reserve through Expedia. She then insisted that I call Bookings.com. I then explained that I did not book through Bookings.com, and that furthermore I did not have a phone number on my confirmation (my only contact being canyoninn501@gmail.com). Then she became even more vicious telling me there was nothing she could do for me, and before I could respond she hung up on me (as she used very vulgar language about me in the background). DO NOT STAY HERE. THERE IS NOT ANY SEMBLANCE OF CUSTOMER SERVICE!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank C G
VT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

Most of the negative reviews have related to the owners, whom I would describe as scrappy. You might have either a good experience with them or a bad one. I found my time in the office was the only negative in my stay. The office smelled smoky, but our room did not. The owners each intoduced themselves, which a tad more personal than i expect or want. The price was right and the room terrific. Nice job of renovating. Colors, materials of a boutique hotel except for the comforter. Bed was great, pillows less so. We skipped breakfast, as it didn't entice us.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Cave Creek, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

My wife, my daughter and Sandy(our dog) we like this motel a lot. The owners are very nice and for the price the rooms are surprisingly modern and well appointed. No room smells and very clean. We will definitely come back.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Onepen W
Durango, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

I was impressed with the personal attention and overall friendly way of being from both James & 'Mama'. I was very happy to meet Cooper. Having recently lost my dog, it was very special to me to have the priviledge to get a dog 'fix'. And the pillows were similiar to my own at home. Clean, attractive and appealling room. Biscuits and Gravy were great too. Would recommend to anyone going thru the area needing a place to stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Kirsten B
Boise, Idaho
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

The staff at this old classic Route 66 motel were extremely nice, helpful, & accommodating. The room was clean, simple, & had all the basic amenities. The room rate was very reasonable & walking distance to 3 breweries and few very nice restaurants.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple