All reviewswifi workedwaffleshot breakfastroom was largeroute
Reviewed April 16, 2014

My wife and I stayed one night on our way through town. We stopped to ask the price and then went looking for other options but when we returned we were given a discount for coming back! The rooms have been updated and remodeled, ours had a huge beautiful black and white picture of Havasupai Falls over the bed. Comfortable beds and nice big flat screen TV. The included breakfast had eggs, juice, coffee, fruit, waffles, rolls.... etc. James and Laura are very friendly and made our stay memorable. We felt like we were staying at a friendly bed and breakfast rather then a motor inn.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank bumblebeetyler
Reviewed April 6, 2014

I wanted to stay in classic motels along Route 66, so I picked the Canyon Inn. It's very close to 66, restaurants, and shopping. I got an outstanding Expedia rate. Honestly, I paid too little at $40.

The room had been nicely remodeled without loosing the charm of older days. The earth tone style fit in well with the huge pictures of Route 66 above the beds. The bed was very comfortable. Unlike many older hotels, the door closed securely and had a new electronic lock. They had clearly put some time, thought, and money into the remodel.

I was looking for a sports bar within walking distance, so Laura directed me to Granny's. (Don't let the name fool you!) Unfortunately, being later in the evening, the kitchen was closed by the time I got there, but looked like a good place for a burger and beer.

James showed me the room and how to open the door. Many people, he explained, try to look for a place to insert the credit card type key. But you just hold the car in front of the lock and it electronically opens.

I would definitely stay there again. I felt like I was reunited with old college buddies.

Room Tip: If you need the Wifi, try to get a room close to the office.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Researcher14
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Me and my wife were traveling through Flagstaff on our mini excursion, and had reservations at this hotel. We checkedin kate and the lady behind the counter was annoyed at the time we arrived. We went to our rooms and unpacked, my wife needed to do some school work and needed to connect to the "free" wifi. She was having problems with the password so she went to the front desk to ask for help. She came back to the room on the verge of tears. I asked her what happened and she said she went to the side door of the front desk and it was locked. The lady behind the counter just looked at her and yelled at her, "Can't you read the d**n sign?" She then walked around to the front door and told the lady there was no sign. She said that my wife needed to open her eyes. Through this, she held her tongue and asked for the current password, the lady said she should know it because she said it when we checke it. Through much hassle, she finally wrote the password down and threw it at my wife. Needless to say, we left. This place is the worst in all of Flagstaff and prob the entire US. DO NOT STAY HERE. WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY. DO NOT RISK IT!!!!

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank dannon18
Reviewed March 15, 2014

We have stayed in places twice the price-half as nice. Nothing fancy, just a great, classic motel with an excellent free breakfast. If you gotta have a complaint...the coffee was a little weak :) Any time we go through Flagstaff, won't have to search for a place anymore.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jimmy L
Reviewed March 15, 2014

We would stay again anytime! Comfortable beds and sheets were clean and soft same as pillows! Water pressure and temperature was more than accommodating. Great customer service and custom breakfast! Only stayed here one night but we definitely wouldn't mind staying another! :)

• Stayed: March 2014