All reviewswifi workedwaffleshot breakfastroom was largeroute
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Me and my wife were traveling through Flagstaff on our mini excursion, and had reservations at this hotel. We checkedin kate and the lady behind the counter was annoyed at the time we arrived. We went to our rooms and unpacked, my wife needed to do some school work and needed to connect to the "free" wifi. She was having problems with the password so she went to the front desk to ask for help. She came back to the room on the verge of tears. I asked her what happened and she said she went to the side door of the front desk and it was locked. The lady behind the counter just looked at her and yelled at her, "Can't you read the d**n sign?" She then walked around to the front door and told the lady there was no sign. She said that my wife needed to open her eyes. Through this, she held her tongue and asked for the current password, the lady said she should know it because she said it when we checke it. Through much hassle, she finally wrote the password down and threw it at my wife. Needless to say, we left. This place is the worst in all of Flagstaff and prob the entire US. DO NOT STAY HERE. WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY. DO NOT RISK IT!!!!

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank dannon18
Reviewed March 15, 2014

We have stayed in places twice the price-half as nice. Nothing fancy, just a great, classic motel with an excellent free breakfast. If you gotta have a complaint...the coffee was a little weak :) Any time we go through Flagstaff, won't have to search for a place anymore.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jimmy L
Reviewed March 15, 2014

We would stay again anytime! Comfortable beds and sheets were clean and soft same as pillows! Water pressure and temperature was more than accommodating. Great customer service and custom breakfast! Only stayed here one night but we definitely wouldn't mind staying another! :)

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed January 11, 2014

James and Laura made every effort to make me feel welcome. The rooms are clean and comfortable and I would stay there again if I passed through Flaggstaff in the future. I was also lucky enough to get a bowl of Lauras chilli... and a peice of James caramel pie!!Oh, and they gave me a great price as well.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

We were desperate for a place to stay in Flagstaff so we booked a room - same day, sight unseen - through travelnow.com. The Travelnow.com rep assured us that, despite the fact that we were booking same day, the reservation would be in the system at Canyon Inn. When we arrived, a surly woman greeted us, said she didn't have the (prepaid) reservation yet, and asked for my credit card. When i hesitated, she said "then you should cancel your reservation with them (travelnow) and go someplace else". So i did.

Now travelnow is charging me for the reservation, per Canyon Inn's cancellation policy. I feel certain that the woman knew this is the way it would turn out. Travelnow and Canyon Inn have basically worked together to rip me off.

I never did see a room, but i think the other reviews speak to the fact that thus place is a dive. We were glad to get out if there.

All I can say is she was the rudest hotel staff I've ever encountered, i am $80 poorer, and I suspect they pull this stunt regularly.

Don't stay here. Don't book through travelnow! If you end up on the phone with a reservation center when you think you're calling a specific hotel, find out who they are or beware!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple