“It an friendly, clean and inexpensive place to spend the night.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Canyon Inn Flagstaff

Canyon Inn Flagstaff
Ranked #48 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
“It an friendly, clean and inexpensive place to spend the night.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

The check in process was great. The couple that operate the establishment also live there and they were kind and helpful. The rooms were clean, although the beddings and towel were somewhat dated. The beds were comfortable and the motel was in a quiet location. It is a nice place to stay if you want to find a place that is small and they had a good breakfast.

• Stayed November 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Polish first
Wadebridge, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

During a holiday in the US (we are from the UK), driving Route 66 with a long-time friend, we arrived in Flagstaff and, after a number of disappointments found Canyon Inn. We were greeted so kindly and warmly by Laura and James, we completely forgot how tired we were and quickly settled into our large and spotlessly clean room. We only stayed 2 nights, but agree it was one of the best motels we found during our 3 week journey - great breakfast, helpful and friendly hosts, lovely, well appointed room, excellent value and all the facilities we needed. We would both recommend Canyon Inn very highly. Thank you for the kindness and the laughter. Vivien and Nicky. Cornwall and Hastings, UK.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Missoula, Montana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Traveling Route 66 and stopped here because the outside was clean and neat and decorated for fall. Manager was pleasant enough and check us in quickly and painlessly. Went to our room and it was horrible. The bottom of the curtains were torn off, there were 2 holes in the bathroom wall that had been stuffed with toilet paper. The carpet was so filthy that it made the bottoms of my socks black. The drawer in our night stand was broken and dirty. The manager bragged about how good the breakfast was----the apples were rotten and the biscuits were soggy. Their business center consisted of a computer that the mouse didn't work and it was filthy. The tenant at the end of the row of rooms was drunk and sitting outside his room with his radio on full blast. I also asked about the AARP discount and she told me should couldn't possible give me that she was already charging me way less for the room and couldn't afford any more discount-especially with the "fabulous breakfast" we would get in the morning.
My advice to you-----find a different place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Flagstaff hotels

Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stayed here for one night en route to New Mexico. On arrival our host Laura was friendly and warm and made us feel right at home. Half an hour into our stay we had a great surprise when Laura took some ice cream and pastries to our room for us after our long drive. Nothing was too much trouble for Laura, she even allowed me use of her own personal phone on more than one occasion to call my aunt in New Mexico who I was struggling to get hold off. In the morning we had a decent choice at breakfast and we felt the need to leave Laura a thank you card for all her efforts. Extremely good value also, clean, tidy and comfortable. Laura's recommendation of Granny's over the road was perfect. Thank you. Julian and Deirdre, Scotland.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Bakersfield, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

On Oct 2, 2013, my niece and I checked in to the Canyon Inn in Flagstaff. My niece asked if it was possible to get 2 receipts. The woman at the counter began complaining instantly. I told her never mind; I would pay and my niece and I would settle between us.( Katie is only 18 yrs old, by the way). The clerk then began to lecture us on the proper way to check in. She kept complaining because the printer was out of ink, and we were causing too much trouble. Then as she was holding the key out, Katie took it. The woman all but screamed, "did you snatch that out of my hand? You snatched that out of my hand!! Did you really snatch that out of my hand?!!" By this time, I had had it with her bad attitude and asked Katie if she would like to go somewhere else. It was already past 9:30 pm and we had driven from California. Katie said, "no, let's just go to our room." So I gave the woman the money and she started to make change--a matter of a couple dollars. Then, she said" I'm not even going to make change. I'll give you the whole $3 back. You probably need it more than I do!!" Then, she walked into the back room shaking her head. This is the worst experience I have EVER had at a motel!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Zona F
widnes uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

We arrived quite late the first evening we stayed here ,but was accomodated with a great room , couldnt believe the size of it when we walked through the door ,and it was spotlessly clean .
Laura and James are lovely people and very helpfull , we wanted a steak and a beer ,Laura recommended a great place just accross the road called Granny's , it was just the job !!
Breakfast was included in the price , and it was everything that you would want to start the day .
We ended up staying another night here . Highly reccommended . Thanks Laura and James .

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

James the helpful guy who runs this place has apparently turned it around from being a bad place to stay in the wrong part of town to being a good value, safe and friendly haven in the middle of town. Rooms are clean and comfortable, there is a Safeway and excellent Barnes and Noble just around the corner, its a fair walk from the train station, but doable. And for the price of US$58 a night for a double, I have no hesitation in recommending it highly.

Room Tip: It struck me as the sort of place where all rooms would be much the same. The photos on the booking...