All reviewswifi workedwaffleshot breakfastroom was largeroute
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We arrived quite late the first evening we stayed here ,but was accomodated with a great room , couldnt believe the size of it when we walked through the door ,and it was spotlessly clean .
Laura and James are lovely people and very helpfull , we wanted a steak and a beer ,Laura recommended a great place just accross the road called Granny's , it was just the job !!
Breakfast was included in the price , and it was everything that you would want to start the day .
We ended up staying another night here . Highly reccommended . Thanks Laura and James .

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2013

James the helpful guy who runs this place has apparently turned it around from being a bad place to stay in the wrong part of town to being a good value, safe and friendly haven in the middle of town. Rooms are clean and comfortable, there is a Safeway and excellent Barnes and Noble just around the corner, its a fair walk from the train station, but doable. And for the price of US$58 a night for a double, I have no hesitation in recommending it highly.

Room Tip: It struck me as the sort of place where all rooms would be much the same. The photos on the booking sites are accurate, so I don't need to add mine here.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We recently had a reservation at this motel for 2 rooms booked thru booking.com. Upon arrival the woman at the desk (who is the manager no less) said she only had one room. Obviously some mix-up between booking.com and the hotel. She said no other rooms were available for our second reservation. I showed her my confirmation for 2 rooms and she just started hollering it wasn't her fault. When I said we would need to cancel our one room because we had 4 people traveling together she said we would still have to pay for it. I said we would take two rooms at their sister hotel down the road, but she wouldn't compromise. When I said this wasn't right she started pounding her fist on the counter and swearing at us. I kept insisting we shouldn't have to pay for any room since our reservation was screwed up and she went into the back and slammed the door in our face. I didn't leave immediately so she sent out her husband or boyfriend who I guess was going to throw us out. When he seen our two over 6 ft. husbands he asked what the problem was and which one of us was coming over the counter according to his wife. I tried to explain to him our dilemma and she started screaming again and called me a [--]. I said all I wanted was not to be charged for the room. He said we wouldn't and she said we would. When I asked who was the boss since they gave conflicting answers he started yelling and told us to get the [--] off his property. As we walked out the door he also called me an [--].

I sure hope the owner of this motel looks at this website periodically because you need to talk to your staff and maybe get them some anger management help. In the end they did in fact bill our credit card for the room.

Worse experience I've ever had with any kind of management!!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank snarlene54166
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Stayed one night on road trip through western US. Looks quite attractive from the road but grubby, dirty and downmarket. Cigarette burns on quilts, black pillows!!!!, the bathroom faucet busted and I wont try and estimate the last time the room had seen a vacuum. Even a Babe Ruth wrapper under bed etc. The guy who owned the place was very nice and polite but the appalling woman in reception was rude, vile and insulting. All for $100 bucks. There are a hundred motels in town, Try another one.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Scott W
Reviewed July 14, 2013

So, when you pay $60 for a room you are not expecting the Bellaggio. However, when we booked for our stay at the Canyon Inn we did it through one of the booking sites. The room reservation was confirmed as having a fridge and a microwave. When we arrived we were told that because we had only paid $60 through the booking site and the room rate for that night was $119 that our room wouldn't have a fridge; this was evidently the fault of the booking site and not the person who allocated our room!!! We weren't that fussed about the fridge, what we were fussed about was that the toilet constantly filled with water and the only shutting the bathroom door stopped it keeping me awake. The other things in our room which were also very poor were...a chest of drawers with four drawers only one of which could be opened because the handles were missing from the other three and the complete lack of a rail to hang your clothes from! The last and final thing, related to the constantly filling toilet was the noise from the pipes at 7am which was only quieted by flushing the toilet. Overall, while the staff are friendly and did their best to keep the place clean this motel is passed it's best and over priced at $60.

Room Tip: If you're offered room 103, walk away without a second thought
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple