“Price gougers!”

Canyon Inn Flagstaff
Ranked #48 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
“Price gougers!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2011

We had called on Tuesday to make a reservation. There person on the phone was nice and got our name and info and said we didnt need to give our credit card infomation and the price of the room would be $69. On Saturday, after the pet/house sitter arrived we made the two hour drive only to have our reservation bumped up to $110. The employees said they couldnt do anything about the $69 price and their boss wanted the last five rooms to go for $225. She called the manager and confirmed they couldnt honor the price given to us only a days earlier. The employee on the phone asked about what to do if they had to turn people away, and she was told to keep that price till 11pm even if they had to turn people away. I have been looking forward to this mini vaca all week, and with our limited budget, I thought we had found a place that would fit us. This is very disapointing and I hope others choose never to go to this money hungry place. Save your money and go across the street to the druery suites inn!

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank Girlonvaca
canyoninnflagstaffaz, Webmaster at Canyon Inn Flagstaff, responded to this review, April 11, 2012
Dear girl on vaca,

Thank you for your recent attempt to stay at Canyon Inn. I am sorry that things did not work out as you had anticipated.

• Management was approached about setting up a system whereby registrations made at certain amounts would be honored.

• Staff members with whom you dealt received our commendation for the courteous manner in which they treated you, our valued wanting to be guest.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to attempt to stay at Canyon Inn. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Polish first
Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2010

We arrived and were a bit dubious pulling in as to what the place would be like. For starters it's on the main road .. but the room was surprisingly quiet.

The owners were just lovely and very accommodating. The rooms had been refurbished since booking and were very dark. Wasn't sure about the refurbishment.

They said there was a free breakfast, but I think it was just in the reception area. We didn't partake in the breakfast.

It was a great base for our travels around the Flagstaff area.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cridic
Pontiac, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2010

We made reservations for 1 night, kind of leary after reading all the bad reviews on several different sites, but was MORE than happy with the accomodations. We then returned a week later on the return leg of our trip and stayed 2 more nights. The bedding and pillows were absolutely the fluffiest,cushy-est I have ever slept in, in a motel. You'd think you were sleeping in the middle of a cloud. yes, its a very inexpensive motel, not a Ritz-Carlton, but the value was beyond all expectations. NO qualms what-so-ever recommending this motel. We will return every time we travel to AZ.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2010

We booked for one night - extended to five! Thank you to Yoland and Joe, who now run this Motel, for a great stay. The location is perfect for downtown Flagstaff
or as a base to explore the area. Canyon Inn is small, family-run, friendly, clean, comfortable and excellent value. What more could one ask for? We were sad to leave.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Toledo, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2010

Needed a lot of updating/work done. New owners had just bought the place. They were VERY nice. Very accommodating.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2010

This is not The Ritz or the Hilton.
We stayed here for one night and we recommend the motel to everyone looking for a clean room for a competitive price.
The staff was friendly an we did not experience any difficulties with the reservation we made on the motel website.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Beagle59
colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2010

I had made a reservation a month earlier on thier webite and recieved a confirmation number. When I arrived the clerk said she did not have a reservation and I showed her the website and confirmation number I had. While I was speaking with the clerk a man was yelling from the office/apartment behind the desk. "We don't have to honor anything if its not here!" He came up and I showed him the website and he said it could be anywhere and he did not have to honor any reservation. I have never been treated as I was at the Canyon Inn. The man was combative, rude, and unprofessional without any sense of decorum. I asked his name and he replied, "I don't have to tell you nothing." I realized there would be no resloution with this man and I left to check into the Super 8 around the corner. Canyon Inn has terrible service and is a dicey property from the looks of it. STAY ANYWHERE ELSE BUT CANYON INN!!

Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
4 Thank triptakerColorado
comanager, Manager at Canyon Inn Flagstaff, responded to this review, March 27, 2010
This person came into my motel claiming he had a reservation. We did not show any reservation in our system or with the third party reservation system we use.
I told this person I needed proof of said reservation and he said his friend had it but his friend wasn't here yet.
I told him I would need proof of the reservation and he said he would come back with proof. When he returned all he had with him as proof was printout of our website which was not accepting direct reservations when he claimed he made his reservation. He also had no proof of payment so we offered him a room at the going rate which was higher than the rate he claimed he had made his reservation with which was a rate we never offered.
Also no one ever screamed at him but when the customer became combative my co-manager simply came into the office and asked the man to leave if he wasn't going to rent a room.
We feel posting this type of review without verifying is damaging to our business and reputation.

Travelers are raving about these Flagstaff hotels