WINNER WONDERLAND

Travelers Inn
Anchorage
“Yuck!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014

No nice touches to this place. First the guy checking me in said I'd be charged $50 if I let my dog my in the front area, in a rather hostile manner, as if I had been planning on this. He didn't smile once. Luckily we were checking in late and leaving early. The only good part was that the bed was comfortable enough. That was it. The place smelled musty. It was weird. There was an old decrepit air conditioner in an open closet. There was a shower that looked something from a prison. Sort of a nook in the wall, and really old. The sink leaked. The carpet was old. No fridge or anything like that of course, and only one AC outlet in the whole room. For the money and just needing to sleep and leave, it was okay, but I'd definitelyrather throw my business to someplace where they give a darn about the rooms or the guests.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Anne R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Bandungan, Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

After reading poor reviews of this motel, we have booked only one night in this motel.Eventually we decided to stay extra night.
For 29$ per night, we exepcted very low standard, and motel met our expectations :-) It offers absolutely bare minimum but for travelers on tight budget it is ok just for sleeping a night or 2
Not all was so bad though
Cons:
- the guy in reception was friendly
- the room was spacious, with large queen size bed ( bed and bedding were clean)
- location is not too bad ( aprx 30 min walking along well lit street to Flagstaff train station)
- 29$ per night was the best value at time of booking near the centre of Flagstaff
Cons
- room was in poor condition and certainly requires renovation
- bathroom was very small and really dirty with terrible shower curtain.
- no food option in the motel ( not even vending machine)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank cezaryfree
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

without any sense for quality, hygiene and cleanliness we would have stayed there.

we should have been warned by the informationsheet at the reception which was saying "please check the room before checking in - NO refund"

we thought it could not be that worse as the room looked ok (it's just a motel) on the pictures.
but when we took our luggage to the room we were shocked - funny smell, fusty furniture, and a hole in the wall which was supposed to be the shower.

after beeing out for a horseride, we came back, took our luggage, threw the key into the "express checkout-box" and drove to the Courtyard Marriott and had one of our best nights during our 3weeks tour.

the only positive aspect was the recommendation from the receptionist who told a nice mexican restaurant nearby.

Room Tip: do not book this motel - it is a NOtel
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TravelTatz

Travelers are raving about these Flagstaff hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

It's definitely a place to avoid!
The room was old, disgusting! The sheets weren't cleaned up, the bathroom was the worse part ever! The shower was a hole in the wall... Terrible!
But the employee was quite nice.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Selina_CLLT
Lake District
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

Very dated accommodation. Rooms are spacious enough, but are grubby and haven't been updated in years. Even a bit of paint would help. Bathroom had a toilet that was leaning backwards and shower was in a bizarre hole in the wall.

The room had two double beds, but had stains and a stray pube. There was a pile of old televisions outside the front door and a sign saying 'No refunds for whatever reason'. I guess for only paying $40 for up to four people, you can't moan too much, but I definitely wouldn't recommend anyone stays here.

Flagstaff is a lovely place though; definitely worth spending time here rather than just driving through. I'd recommend anyone stays in the downtown area for easy access to the restaurants and bars.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

On July 26, 2013 I booked my trip through Booking.com. On Booking.com's website, they show a sparse, but clean room. I have stayed in old motel rooms before but have received a clean room, good service, and safe stay. I arrived in Flagstaff in the middle of a rainstorm. I asked to see the room. There was dust everywhere and a musty, mildew smell permeated the room. I instantly started having an asthma attack. The door did not fit the frame very well, definitely not safe or energy efficient. It was impossible to stay. I should have called Booking.com but I just refused the room thinking that it end the matter. I was wrong. They ended up charging me $69 for a room that would be impossible to use. Booking.com says that it is Traveler's Inn that needs to refund the money and that they control the content that they submit to the site. Traveler's inn says that they will not refund the money.

Bottom Line: Do not stay, it is very unhealthy. It would need serious renovations just to be considered a dive. I am making a BBB complaint. The photos that you see on travel websites are very misleading. The staff is very rude.

Room Tip: Motel 6 down the street was Spartan, but it was clean, safe, and the service was caring and helpful.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Margie G
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Only stayed here becuz it was late & we were tired...made the mistake of letting my husband pick the place. No amount of febreeze could get the smell out. (I always have a can of febreeze when we travel) slept with the covers over my nose all nite. TV had only 1 channel. Shower stall was 1 ft off the ground in a tiny bathroom. If you have $20 more stay somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2013