“we paid but did not sleep there” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Travelers Inn

and 1 more site!
Travelers Inn
“we paid but did not sleep there”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

without any sense for quality, hygiene and cleanliness we would have stayed there.

we should have been warned by the informationsheet at the reception which was saying "please check the room before checking in - NO refund"

we thought it could not be that worse as the room looked ok (it's just a motel) on the pictures.
but when we took our luggage to the room we were shocked - funny smell, fusty furniture, and a hole in the wall which was supposed to be the shower.

after beeing out for a horseride, we came back, took our luggage, threw the key into the "express checkout-box" and drove to the Courtyard Marriott and had one of our best nights during our 3weeks tour.

the only positive aspect was the recommendation from the receptionist who told a nice mexican restaurant nearby.

Room Tip: do not book this motel - it is a NOtel
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TravelTatz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

It's definitely a place to avoid!
The room was old, disgusting! The sheets weren't cleaned up, the bathroom was the worse part ever! The shower was a hole in the wall... Terrible!
But the employee was quite nice.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Selina_CLLT

Travelers are raving about these Flagstaff hotels

Lake District
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Very dated accommodation. Rooms are spacious enough, but are grubby and haven't been updated in years. Even a bit of paint would help. Bathroom had a toilet that was leaning backwards and shower was in a bizarre hole in the wall.

The room had two double beds, but had stains and a stray pube. There was a pile of old televisions outside the front door and a sign saying 'No refunds for whatever reason'. I guess for only paying $40 for up to four people, you can't moan too much, but I definitely wouldn't recommend anyone stays here.

Flagstaff is a lovely place though; definitely worth spending time here rather than just driving through. I'd recommend anyone stays in the downtown area for easy access to the restaurants and bars.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

On July 26, 2013 I booked my trip through Booking.com. On Booking.com's website, they show a sparse, but clean room. I have stayed in old motel rooms before but have received a clean room, good service, and safe stay. I arrived in Flagstaff in the middle of a rainstorm. I asked to see the room. There was dust everywhere and a musty, mildew smell permeated the room. I instantly started having an asthma attack. The door did not fit the frame very well, definitely not safe or energy efficient. It was impossible to stay. I should have called Booking.com but I just refused the room thinking that it end the matter. I was wrong. They ended up charging me $69 for a room that would be impossible to use. Booking.com says that it is Traveler's Inn that needs to refund the money and that they control the content that they submit to the site. Traveler's inn says that they will not refund the money.

Bottom Line: Do not stay, it is very unhealthy. It would need serious renovations just to be considered a dive. I am making a BBB complaint. The photos that you see on travel websites are very misleading. The staff is very rude.

Room Tip: Motel 6 down the street was Spartan, but it was clean, safe, and the service was caring and helpful.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Margie G
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Only stayed here becuz it was late & we were tired...made the mistake of letting my husband pick the place. No amount of febreeze could get the smell out. (I always have a can of febreeze when we travel) slept with the covers over my nose all nite. TV had only 1 channel. Shower stall was 1 ft off the ground in a tiny bathroom. If you have $20 more stay somewhere else.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank 42PinkGirl
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We just got back from spending one night at this place and I was glad to get home to be able to take a shower. I really didn't feel like using the bathroom there any more than I had to. When you walked into the bathroom, the smell of mold and mildew was overpowering. Not only could you smell it, you could see it on the walls, the curtains. I felt like breathing in that space was a health hazard. The motel is old, which is ok, but it just isn't maintained or cleaned properly. The window wouldn't lock and we didn't feel like we could leave anything of value in the room. The beds were ok although with the general lack of cleanliness, I tried not to touch the bedspread anymore than I had to. There was a tv, free wifi, a microwave and a refrigerator, which are plusses. But the general lack of upkeep and proper cleaning make this a place to avoid.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kdy123
Flagstaff, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I rented my room at this hotel through Priceline and didn't realize that in order to cancel I needed to cancel through Priceline.

When I called the hotel to cancel my room they said they would cancel my room and my card wouldn't be charged.

However my card was charged for the room and when I called the hotel they told me that I had needed to cancel through Priceline and they would not refund my money. Pretty awful. They were very rude to me and said that they believed I was lying about speaking with one of their employees.

I would highly recommend staying away from this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo