“A sense og history”

Ranked #11 of 109 things to do in Flagstaff
Reviewed December 23, 2011

The visitor centre drew us into this area of town but it was a nice couple of hours browsing the shops and seeing the history of Flagstaff.

All reviews
"freight"
"breweries"
in 17 reviews

Reviewed December 4, 2011

We stopped at the old train station. I thought for the gift shop but no my driver had other ideas. The train station is a bus stop now and the gift shop was nice but the real fun was sitting on a bench outside and waiting for the train to roar by us. He said they go by every 15 minutes. He was right! I think he researched a bit online before we got there.

Reviewed November 28, 2011

There are a lot of little stores in downtown Flagstaff. I loved the fact that so many of them seemed to be local stores, rather than chains. There is a little bit of everything within easy walking distance.

Reviewed November 28, 2011

The old downtown in Flagstaff is great! Neat, unique shops with merchandise such as outdoorsy clothes and gear, and a fabulous candle shop, Armadilla Wax Works (all candles made in Arizona), complete with a yellow Labrador to greet us. Very walkable, with historic buildings and the railroad close by. We used the post office to mail some things home, and the staff was very pleasant. A very charming place and I highly recommend a visit.

See more reviews
Reviewed November 6, 2011

Stopped here for a day coming from the Grand Canyon on the way to Vegas. My wife and I enjoyed the historic downtown area very much. It had great shopping and restaurants. Spent hours looking around at all the great stores. Flagstaff is very dog friendly as well...almost every store we went in had dogs in there doing shopping with their owners.