Americas Best Value Inn and Suites - Flagstaff
Ranked #44 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I spent a Saturday night at the Americas Best Value Inn and Suites in Flagstaff after a long day riding my motorcycle. I selected this place because it had the lowest rates. The front desk receptionist was great. She was friendly and helpful. The room was OK, it was clean, but nothing special. The door requires a regular key and have the chain inside for "security". The electric was knocked out for about 3 hours that evening. The off-site owner did come around after about 2 hours to hand out votive candles to his guests, which was a nice gesture. I'll let you decide if he should have done something more. What I didn't care for was the distance from downtown Flagstaff. At about 2 miles, I wasn't about to walk there in the rain. The next time I am in Flagstaff, I will find a place closer to downtown even if I have to pay more. This place is nothing special, just OK.

Room Tip: Be prepared to drive if you want to get something to eat
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
ABVI_Flagstaff_East, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn and Suites - Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear Valued Customer,
I wanted to apologize for the power outage. We did do everything we could since the whole street was out due to a blown transformer. Also we are working on upgrading our rooms and hope next time is a better experience.
Jillian

There are newer reviews for Americas Best Value Inn and Suites - Flagstaff

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Stayed here two nights for a trip to the Grand Canyon. While there isn't anything particularly wrong with it, there also isn't much about it worth recommending. It's clean and well kept. The beds weren't particularly comfortable, but not anything you wouldn't expect from a value hotel. Definitely bring your own pillow, though. Their's are paper thin. It is right across the street from railroad tracks but it isn't near a crossing so it's only ever a low rumbling, which never bothered us.

Ultimately, it's a budget hotel. I wouldn't recommend avoiding the place, as it delivers exactly what the price range promises, but at the same time I wouldn't bother bringing it up to a friend travelling to Flagstaff.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
abviflagstaffe, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn and Suites - Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for commenting about our hotel. We strive to provide a great combination of value, amenities and customer service, and we believe that’s what we do. We have, however, replace many pillows and linens in recent weeks, and we’re doing other things to improve our customer experience. If we fell short in any way during your stay, I sincerely apologize. I hope you’ll stay with us again if you visit this beautiful area again.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

This is one of the worst hotels I've ever stayed at. Management was exceptionally rude, uncooperative, and unwilling to make their guests feel welcome.

The beds are extremely hard and the pillows are completely worn out. But don't worry if you ask for another pillow they are very hesitant to give you one. Bring a towel because they only provide three if there's 4 people. Don't bother asking for towel, they're very reluctant to give you one. If you're lucky enough to get one it's because only after hours you finally decide to track down the management to find out why you didn't get a towel.

To top things off when you come back to your room, after a long hot day outside you'll find your AC turned off. Personally I will never be back here, nor will I ever recommend this place to anyone else, unless I want to send them to hell.

Room Tip: Stay in the car.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank aldaron83
ABVI_Flagstaff_East, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn and Suites - Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

I wanted to start off with apologizing for your experience here and thank you for you constructive criticism. We are revamping our rooms with new bed linens and pillows. I can not begin to say how sorry I am that you had a bad experience with our employees and I will personally say that would never happen again. I hope you do give us another chance. Thank you again.
Jillian

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Although and older facility, we found this place to be clean and comfortable. Sandy was very helpful. They offer light breakfast items in the AM. Would stay there again. Located on old US 66, It's convenient to many restaurants and sights.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Gary B
ABVI_Flagstaff_East, Guest Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn and Suites - Flagstaff, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2016

Thank you, we love to hear where we are doing well, thank you for staying and hope that you allow us to host you in the future.

Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Value was okay. Beds were firm comfortable beds, clean. It's obviously an older location, but fairly well maintained.
Thin walls so we could hear the people in the room next to us.
There for only 1 night and would probably stay there again for an overnite.
I see nothing wrong with older properties but needs to be well maintained.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Jerry E

Thank you. We are always maintaining this place. Adding new updated items to the rooms, we look forward to hosting you again, you will just love our newest updated rooms.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Decent Value, firm comfortable beds, clean & Emily is very helpful. It's obviously an older location, but fairly well maintained.
Thin walls so we could hear the people in the room next to us.
We were there for only 1 nite and would probably stay there again for an overnite.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TellurideRichard

Dear Guest,

Thanks for recognizing the value and quality of our property -- and for pointing out the helpfulness of one of our most valued staff members. If our property fell short of your expectations in any way, I personally apologize to you. We strive for a good combination of convenience, value and service, and I believe that’s what we provide.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Starting with the many positives....microwave, mini-fridge, good parking. nice vanity, good number of TV stations, good bed, plenty of lighting, good price, nice breakfast, good location (more on this in a second), and a tub in the bathroom. The two negatives include a location issue. Flagstaff must be the railroad capital of the world...forget Chicago, etc. There seems to be a train about every 2 hours, and although they quit blowing their whistles all the time coming through, trains do make a lot of noise and almost every hotel/motel is within sound distance of the rumbling on the tracks. I suggest white noise of the air conditioner to drown out the train passages. ABVI can NOT do anything about that. The crazy thing is that the TV was set to channel 4 instead of channel 3 every time you turned the set on (the cable they were getting expected channel 3). Thus, you turn on the set with the power button and nothing but static. Someone from the office fixed it and I of course fixed it every power on after that. I suggested to the office that they either fix this situation or at the very least, put a sign on the TV..."after you power the set on, please hit the down channel button on the TV set". Obviously the remote is not the place to do that since that works with the cable tuner, NOT the TV set channel selector.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank tfberry

Thank you for your comments, we are now upgraded to flat screen digital, so no more channel 3/4 problem, thank you for that. We hope to continue to upgrade all of our rooms so there will never be any problems. Thank you.