“Good for a tight budget” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
New Vantage Hotels App
Ranked #39 of 64 Hotels in Flagstaff
El Paso, Texas
“Good for a tight budget”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

My family and I stayed here for 3 nights. We were travelling on a very limited budget so this motel seemed like our best bet. The room was very clean and the office staff was friendly. It is an old hotel, and isn't really updated - they still have keyed locks on the doors. I would stay there again if I needed a cheap clean room.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Algarve
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

Receptionist was very friendly, hotel needs a little work. Ok for the night as we were tiered, but nothing special. Breakfast was basic.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Riverbank, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

Rude nasty front desk person. Wrote my credit card number down in a piece of paper. Asked her what she would do when she was through with it she said : "Throw it away". When I challanged her on that she said she would shred it, but I really don't think she did. Then she asked for my driver license and wrote down the #. What possible reason did she have to do that. She could not tell me. I' m sure the California DMV would be more that happy to give her my demographics should I run out on the bill. The room was ok, no live bugs, just some dead ones in the sink. Getting to my room was like running the gauntlet. Men were standing outside and drinking. Finally realized they were there because they could not smoke in the room. Not a place to bring your daughters, or maybe even your sons.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank TeacherMick
abviflagstaffe, Webmaster at Americas Best Value Inn and Suites - Flagstaff, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for commenting about our hotel. While we do have to collect certain information as required by law and to complete the billing process, I’m very sorry to hear that the desk clerk did not follow our procedures. Fortunately, this incident was more than two years ago, and we have different desk clerks now who are better trained. We’ve also improved maintenance, housekeeping and a variety of other aspects of our property. If you’re visiting the area again, please stop in and see how we’ve changed.

Hotel Manager.

Travelers are raving about these Flagstaff hotels

hesperus
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

staff people very friendly and helpful. but dispite hotel being listed as pet friendly we were quized about our dogs, size, etc. definitely would not recomend for people traveling with pets. then we were told they didn't have any pet rooms but would make an exception and let us stay in regular rooms. the cost is $10/per pet/night. rooms were large, older but bedding seemed very new and comfy. air conditioning worked, near train but very quiet. However, one room had black gunk bubbling up the bath drain? the receptionist when asked, came to see it, said "no problem". well it didn't happen again but still. not exactly a winner. they had no other rooms so we were stuck w/ that one. all rooms had microwave, fridge, coffee maker.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank HesperusAerie
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

When most people envision cheap motels, they assume they will have to sacrifafce a few commodities. Not here. Everything was impeccable, clean, and neat. The room smelled fresh, and the bathrooms were remodeled and looked pristine and brand new. For the price, there is not a better stay in flagstaff. You will not be sacrificing anything.

Free High speed internet. Here is the password AMBIflagstaff. When we checked it was 3am so we felt bad for waking the front desk attendant .

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
festus, mo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

It was an ok hotel. I've stayed in worse. It was clean although very outdated. our view was a large rock outside our window. there was a hole in our window that looked like the size of a bullet but other than that everything was ok. It has Wifi internet that works!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank errn6
St Gallen
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2011

This hotel was one of my stays in the Grand Canyon Area and I really was surprised what a good value a got for my 23 Euro I had to pay. Sure, it's not a first class hotel, but what do you expect for 23 Euro. It^s a simple hotel, but clean, has everything you need for a night stay and is in a safe area.
The rooms were clean, simple and well arranged. The bathroom not large, but with everything you need and clean also. A refrigerator was in the room too, a large bed, writing table, sofa... and a working heater.. absolutely necessary at this time of year. Ok, the typical american fan type which is a little bit noisy, but this one was not that loud. So no problem to keep it working the whole night.
You have free wireless high speed internet access the whole day and in the morning you get a breakfast. Sure, not a big buffet, but toasted bread, marmelade, coffee, milk, tee, cereals... the usually simple breakfast.
Downtown is two minutes away by car. Shopping centers and restaurants nearby.

So in my point of view a good choice for a few cheap days in a in the Gran Canyon area.
And last not least: I don't understand the bad comments some other members gave, but ok, its always a personal opinion which could be different by one and the other.... as expectations are not the same by each one too....

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo