Rodeway Inn Downtown
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Residence Inn Flagstaff(Flagstaff)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 6, 2005

I stayed at this place because I had to catch the eastbound Amtrak train (#4, the Southwest Chief), which departs Flagstaff at 5am. The Parkside Townhouse is almost directly across the street from the Amtrak Station. I'd read mixed reviews from different websites and travel books. Believe me, catching that 5am train would be the ONLY reason to stay here!

In all fairness to the motel, my room was clean. But that's about it. The room was tired looking. Virtually everything needed replacement. Okay, but it was clean and I wasn't expecting much. But it does look derelict. And there are derelicts hanging around! I requested a 4am wake-up call, which I never received. Fortunately, I set my cel phone to go off at that time. Otherwise, I would have missed my train and it would be 24 hours til the next one!

Speaking of trains, the train noise has been well-documented in other reviews. At any rate, this hotel should NOT be on any travel websites. Unless you HAVE to catch the eastbound Southwest Chief, stay elsewhere. Or better yet, get up at 3:30 am and walk the extra two blocks.

• Stayed: June 2005
36  Thank Wolvesfan2
Reviewed October 20, 2005

i booked here thru a major travel search engine.

the front desk was rude.

the room was barely clean, towels were minimal.

trains, abulances, etc. all night.

it is an easy walk to some cute rstrts. downtown and Lowell Observatory is a short drive away.

please find another place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2005
34  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Albuquerque, NM
Reviewed July 4, 2005

We stayed at this hotel over 4th of July weekend 2005. A man (cleaning?) busted into our room while we were there, the maids would not replace the toilet paper or towels, they left us one towel. And I waited at least 10 min at the front desk trying to get some toilet paper and no one would come help me while I heard them all chatting in the back. But the worst part was my jewelry was stolen right out of my bag when they made up the room and the front desk lady/manager/owner would not do anything!!! She was terrible to talk with and offered no assistance. I am so glad we spent $400 to stay at this shack while they were actually making money of pawning my jewelry!!
Never stay here!!!

• Stayed: July 2005
40  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 23, 2004

We had a terrible night at this hotel. I expected the train noise, although not as often as they went through, but there are also a lot of police sirens and/or ambulances,as well. I would never have expected so many sirens in a a small city. Also, the night we stayed there someone's car alarm went off all night long and I mean all night. Since there is no one in the office, there is no one to inform the owner. From another tenant, apparently, the night before, a different person's alarm went off all night long. Also, a very suspicious person kept hanging out in the parking lot. He was dirty and looked high as well as drinking from a brown paper bag. He appeared to be staying there. The rooms are small and old, but are pretty clean. It is close right in town which is really handy so you can walk to all the restaurants, etc. If I were to stay in Flagstaff again to be in town, there is (I believe it is a Budget Inn) which is on the main road, but very walkable to town only about an extra two blocks, and would be away from some of the train noise.

39  Thank Harbourplace
Reviewed June 30, 2004

You can't beat the combination of rate and location for this motel in Flagstaff. If you want to walk back to your bed at the end of an evening downtown this is it. Don't accept the first room offered. Make sure you get a confirmation # for your reservation and re-confirm it prior to arrival. I made a phone res based on a lesser verbal quote after getting pricing off the internet; it turned out to be a bait and switch. The better rate I got over the phone wasn't available when I arrived and there was no record of my res. Mgmt denied that a better rate than walk-in was possible on the internet; when I offered to prove it the subject was dropped and I ended up paying the higher rate. Despite this irritation I would stay there again.
Do yourself a favor and request a North room away from the noise of freight trains all night long; at least I had that right!

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member