“Terrible Terrible Terrible”

The L Motel Flagstaff
Ranked #43 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed January 18, 2007

This was the worst place I have stayed. It was dirty dirty dirty The bathroom was so small you would have to be real skinny to sit on the toilet. You could lay on the bed and touch both walls. It smelled like meldew. The heater did work but had dirt all over it and that was blowing all over when the heat was on. The towels were gray I think they were suppost to be white. The place I am sure is used as a halfway house. The parking lot had scarey people walking around. That should of been our first clue this was not the best place to stay. I did make it out alive but I would not ever stay there again or tell my friends. Not happy with my stay

Stayed: January 2007
There are newer reviews for The L Motel Flagstaff

Reviewed January 5, 2007

Having come from Death Valley with a night in Kingman, Az, we were very ready for a room with internet access, adequate heat, hot water, and breakfast. Even better that it's within walking distance of downtown, so we can have a drink with dinner without concern about driving back to the motel.

We got all of these at the Rodeway, and the price was reasonable, too. Only complaint was that the "hot" breakfast wasn't. The only cooked entree was scrambled eggs, and they were downright cold. But there were other things to eat, and it saved the cost and time of a restaurant stop.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed June 5, 2006

Unlike the other review that I read, I did like the people who ran the hotel. Other than that this really was a nightmare experience.

The hotel advertised highspeed internet. The room they gave me I could not get internet and when I asked about that I was told to walk my laptop over to the office so I could connect to their network there. I actually did that out of desperation one night, only to find another traveller sitting there on HIS laptop conversing with a[---] woman on her webcam. This is no lie!

That room had an air conditioner OR a refrigerator, depending on which cord you wanted to plug the into the only outlet capable of reaching. Remember this is Arizona! So no refrigerator.

The television worked but the top half of the screen came in dark blue and the other half rainbow colored. There was no remote.

They were doing construction. So you woke up every morning early to the sounds of hammers, drills and people knocking on your door asking you to move your car so that they didnt get stucco on it.

Believe it or not, it gets worse...

After two nights with no internet access, they moved me to a room right next to the office, which DID have a working tv and a remote. But no phone. honestly, NO PHONE in the room whatsoever.

In addition the clearning people STOLE some of my possessions. And this time, more drilling, more hammering, more knocking on the door.

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE experience. You couldnt pay me to go back.

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled on business
3  Thank ECalypso
Reviewed May 24, 2006

This is the worst place I have ever stayed. Very rude people run the place. If you look at the reviews they are all on target...except the couple five star ratings that they had to of put in themselves. Dont take a chance on this place..move on to the next hotel.

• Stayed: May 2006
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 26, 2006

We from Sweden and room was horrible after train ride. Manager is rude, smelly, unfriendly and aggressive. Stay away from this rip-off. Breakfast was cold. Intranet was malfunctioning with our room. We could not find out amtrak schedule to LAX so we had to walk in cold but was not easy on buzy road. The rooms are damp, cold and dirty, the sheets looked dirty. The doors don't have locks and there was not any of the reported facilities. Stay away cheap and dirty.

• Stayed: February 2006
13  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Flagstaff
Reviewed February 17, 2006

I saw a coupon for $20.00 dollars for this motel and called to see if it had the high speed Internet access they advertised. They did, so I moved into the room around 8:30p that night and got settled in only to find the PHONE DID NOT WORK and I needed to make an important call AND I COULD NOT GET A SIGNAL FOR THE WIRELESS INTERNET. I went to see if the manager was available and I had to knock several times. Finally he answered the door and said HE COULD DO NOTHING ABOUT THE PHONE OR THE INTERNET but he did offer his phone to me, but I did not want to make a private phone call in his living quarters. So I went back to the room to get a good nights sleep. I crawled into bed only to find THE BED WAS AS HARD AS A ROCK AND I FELT LIKE I WAS SLEEPING ON THE FLOOR. My shoulders ached when I got up the next morning.

So, that morning I went into the office to talk to the manager about the total dissappointment this room offered, because I did not want to stay the second night and all he said was WE DO NOT OFFER REFUNDS. I had infortunately made a reservation for the second night not knowing it was going to be such a miserable experience. So begrudgingly, I checked out of the motel after much pleading, and was charged for the two-night stay.

When I saw the bill on my bank statement I called and spoke to the manager again and he was extremely stern in his statement "WE DO NOT GIVE REFUNDS!!" and I could not believe he did not care that I did not receive what the motel promised. What ever happened to customer service??? Beware of the Parkside motels in Flagstaff, AZ.

• Stayed: February 2006
16  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 26, 2006

First we unknowingly made resevations, believing the ads online -what a mistake! We arrived tired from a long drive with reservations, we had to wait outside in the lobby for 10 minutes while the rude unfriendly receptionist talked on the phone completely ignoring us. Finally she showed us a room - it was awful - run down, dirty furniture mini sized bath- for very skinny people only - maybe 12 inches between sink and moldy shower wall. We said we wanted one of their "renovated rooms" (as declared in the ad). Then she insisted they were full and this was the room we reserved. We were so tired we just went to the room. There was no lock, anybody could open it!!! The sheets were dirty, the in-window air conditioner didn't close and just let in cold air. There was no heating in DECEMBER!!! The light was held together with duct tape, there were two small old grungy looking towels, no hand towels and the water just didn't get hot. There were strange people walking around the parking lot and looking in the cars. We were so afraid, we left. This place is definitely not worth going to - there are plenty of very nice reasonable motels in Flagstaff.

• Stayed: December 2005