“Horrible experience.”

The L Motel Flagstaff
Ranked #45 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
“Horrible experience.”
Reviewed December 23, 2005

Don't stay here - not fit for a dog. Dirty and cold. The staff was so unfriendly we left and did not get a refund. This place is not worth any amount of moey - not a bargain for sure. Should be taken off the online hotels sites.

• Stayed November 2005, traveled on business
18 Thank Travelmaus

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Reviewed October 16, 2005

Where to start. I'll just keep it short. Dirty towels, bathroom doors don't even shut the door just doesn't fit in the door jam, bathroom filthy, breakfast fowl and then there is the train noise. The man who seems to run the place is the rudest person we have ever met and beware of the electical problems. We travelled from Australia ans saw some wonderfull sites and hotels at a budget price but this place should be inspected and closed down. WHAT A DUMP.

• Stayed October 2005
17 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Flagstaff hotels

NYC
Reviewed October 9, 2005

This place is just horrible...absolutely horrible. The rudeness and arrogance of the staff was terrible. They "lost" my reservation which was a lie since I made reservations 2 months before through priceline. I called 2 weeks before heading to Parkside to request a non-smoking room with 2 beds...they said it was fine and good. I showed up tonight and the front desk guy asked me who I made a reservation with and I replied priceline. He then told me he was booked solid and had no more rooms left. I then asked him to look up my confirmation since I had all the printouts of the confirmation with me and he refused. I asked how this happened and who do I get the refund from...he said its not his problem and to get the refund from priceline. Then he went into the side room and shut the door. This side room has a one way looking glass so he could still see me in the lobby and I could only see a mirror. He watched me while I called priceline to dispute this problem. Priceline confirmed that the reservation was completed and confirmed by the motel. Priceline also asked me for the name of the guy in the front desk and I knocked on the door of the side room and no answer so I had to bang on it till he came out. I told him I needed his name...he asked me why and then refused to give me his name. After that...I did not see him again all night. I had to find another room on my own after hours of driving and I was exhausted. Please pass on this one...they will sell your room to someone else right in front of you if offered a higher price...even when you have a credit card reservation and confirmation.

Stayed October 2005
20 Thank Magdavondahl
The Netherlands
Reviewed September 17, 2005

We stayed in the downtown motel (there are two) and would not recommend. We had to buy earplugs to have a chance of sleep as trains whistle past ALL NIGHT LONG!!!! The room was small and dark, the lock on the door might as well not have been there and the bathroom was a joke. It was so small you had to turn sideways and crawl over the sink to get into the shower. We had one small towel each (no handtowels) and these looked like they had seen better days a long time ago. Breakfast was bread (with a toaster available). Parking was cramped. Plenty of other nice places to stay in downtown flagstaff for the same rate.

• Stayed September 2005
22 Thank AmandaNL
Reviewed September 15, 2005

The worste hotel that we saw in 21 days-trip in USA.
Reserved a double room for 44$, occupied room; asked 64$ without possibility of choice. Threats from the desk to calling police if we do not pay.
Very disappointed.
Not recommended.

I suggest: "do not came in that hotel".

Stayed August 2005
19 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 25, 2005

My family and I were on a 3 week cross country train trip. Parkside Family Inn was only an overnight stay for us, but oh what a nightmare. What was suppose to be a two room suite for four with a connecting door was not that at all. First of all one of the rooms was just a converted closet. The air conditioner was just in one room ( guess which one) so privacy was out of the question. Second, the sheets in both rooms were so dirty we were afraid to sleep on them. The front desk was not friendly enough to request a clean set, so we just kept our street clothes on. We also kept the lights on in fear of Bugs. Third, the bathroom was a hot mess. We were afraid to step on the floor. The dirty was so ingrained, we could not tell which was dirt or tile. The towels were yellow and there was mold in the tub. Last but not least, the microwave had coffee stains all on top of it which made us to afraid to even try the free breakfast. We paid and fled early in the morning and will never ever never go back

• Stayed July 2005
20 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Oklahoma
Reviewed July 19, 2005

Just like someone else in these reviews my reservation was LOST! I even had a conformation number but he said he couldn't find it and they didn't have any rooms available except one with one bed I needed two. I had even held it with a credit card number, he was just like oh well, there is nothing I can do for you. I had read about the lost reservation before but thought oh it was probably a fluke thing and gave them a try but then when it happened to me too I think it is a normal habit with them. I stayed at 8 different hotels and I didn't have a problem with reservations at any of the others at all. We had been driving for about 11 hours or so when I found out that they didn't have my reservation and I had called one hour before to tell them I was comming in late, gave them my name, made sure someone would be at the desk to check in and they were like yes there would be, and asked if I had reservations I said yes and gave them my name and they were like ok, yes someone will be at the desk. Then my mom calls and they act like they don't have a clue who she is talking about checking to see if we had arrived yet (instead of using my cell minutes) but when they didn't know who she was talking about she called us and said you might want to check on this I said I just talked to them an hour ago and they said it was fine. I called them back and they acted like they didn't have a clue and had nothing on me at all. We ended up driving about 13 hours that day it was between 10:00 and 11:00 p.m. when we found a place to stay, it was AWFUL. I was very disappointed, and I would be think twice before booking with this place, I thought since I got the conformation number & gave them a credit card number that everything would be ok but that isn't good enough, they still won't save the room for you. :( BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2005