“Another lost reservation~ Beware!!!!!!!!”

The L Motel Flagstaff
Ranked #43 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed July 19, 2005

Just like someone else in these reviews my reservation was LOST! I even had a conformation number but he said he couldn't find it and they didn't have any rooms available except one with one bed I needed two. I had even held it with a credit card number, he was just like oh well, there is nothing I can do for you. I had read about the lost reservation before but thought oh it was probably a fluke thing and gave them a try but then when it happened to me too I think it is a normal habit with them. I stayed at 8 different hotels and I didn't have a problem with reservations at any of the others at all. We had been driving for about 11 hours or so when I found out that they didn't have my reservation and I had called one hour before to tell them I was comming in late, gave them my name, made sure someone would be at the desk to check in and they were like yes there would be, and asked if I had reservations I said yes and gave them my name and they were like ok, yes someone will be at the desk. Then my mom calls and they act like they don't have a clue who she is talking about checking to see if we had arrived yet (instead of using my cell minutes) but when they didn't know who she was talking about she called us and said you might want to check on this I said I just talked to them an hour ago and they said it was fine. I called them back and they acted like they didn't have a clue and had nothing on me at all. We ended up driving about 13 hours that day it was between 10:00 and 11:00 p.m. when we found a place to stay, it was AWFUL. I was very disappointed, and I would be think twice before booking with this place, I thought since I got the conformation number & gave them a credit card number that everything would be ok but that isn't good enough, they still won't save the room for you. :( BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2005
20  Thank Wagner75

Reviewed July 12, 2005

First of all, there are actually TWO Parkside Inns in Flagstaff-- one is down the street from downtown, and one is actually IN downtown. I made a reservation for the first motel, but was told on arrival that my room had a toilet problem and I was sent to the other Parkside Inn, down the street, near downtown shops and restaurants. This was a mistake. I am used to cheap hotels, but this time I would have rather slept in my car. I waited outside the lobby for 10 minutes while the receptionist talked on the phone, staring me down, refusing to unlock the door. Then she insisted that my prepaid reservation was in fact not prepaid, and after another 15 minutes of discussion and phone calls she gave me a key. The rooms are TINY and the doors were just left open-- probably since the locks hardly work anyway. The sheets were dirty, the air conditioner was held together with duct tape, and the room was about 50 feet away from train tracks so trains whistled and rumbled by every 30 minutes or so-- ALL NIGHT. I asked to be moved to a room not facing the train but the worker insisted all rooms were booked, even though the neon "vacancy" sign flashed outside my window all night. This stay was really terrible. I would even have put up with the dirty room (I bring my own sleeping bag) if not for the train noise and really rude receptionist. I can't vouch for the original Parkside motel, but this one was definately not worth the $60 I spent on a sleepless night.

• Stayed: July 2005
22  Thank creep4ward
Yanson
Reviewed May 14, 2005

This is one of the better small hotels I have stayed in ,the rooms were upgraded and clean,they also had thoughtful amenities,I would stay here again no doubt. We had paid $119 but it was also a busy weekend in town, I guess it was Graduation in the university and we had showed up to Flagstaff without reservations. The clerk was honest and told us that if we had made a reservation it would have saved us about 15%.

• Stayed: May 2004
Reviewed September 26, 2004

This place was a dive. If you are a college guy maybe it would be okay, but for a family of 6 it was terrible. When we got there the desk help, Margurito, told us that the wrong room had been booked by the online people, but that he had saved the correct room for me, and for just $10 more per night he could give me that room. (suspicious I know). To his face I told him I did not believe him and that I thought he was trying to rip me off, but I was prepaid and stuck. The room was a hole in the wall. Jack hammers were working on the road all night and trains went by every 15 minutes. The bathroom was hung together with liquid insulation and caulk. The furniture was old and shot. We were on a 17 day trip and this was by far the worst of the hotels we stayed at!!! Stay away at all costs. Go to one of the chains.

22  Thank momee5
Brooklyn, Ny
Reviewed December 22, 2003

Rooms were new,nice and clean,breakfast was great scrambled eggs,french toast and more..

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 26, 2003

Very disappointed. More suitable for a family of Mexican labourers (like next door) than young family. Horrible smell from gas heater and train noise kept us awake. Basic bathroom with no plug for basin.
Inedible breakfast and, to cap it all, the water was cut off in the morning without warning. Not recommended.

17  Thank TDJLS29
Tucson, AZ
Reviewed November 3, 2003

From the reviews, we could have enjoyed the stay. Unfortunately, our reservation "couldn't be found" when we arrived. Not only that, but the desk clerk couldn't be bothered with us, and refused us the use of a phone when I found my cell phone had died! It was late, we were tired, and felt we were "a nuisance". Needless to say, we will NEVER try again, as the customer service left a lot to be desired. We found accomodations elsewhere - and the people there were more than helpful, freindly and compassionate! Sorry Park Inn, you didn't make points with us!

Stayed: October 2004