The L Motel Flagstaff
Ranked #45 of 66 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed November 5, 2013

This is a small roadside motel in the NAU university section of Flagstaff.
We were delighted to find both of our rooms clean and complete with 46" HDTV, a refrigerator, microwave and little coffee pot. Their WiFi was very fast.
Both the night and morning desk staff were eager to be of help, with big service-oriented smiles. They made us feel quite welcome even tough we arrived after 10pm.
The included breakfast (from 6 to 9am) was well stocked but pretty limited in choices - adequate. Packaged donuts, white bagels and white bread, along with cream cheese, jam and other condiments, and two juices and coffee. The very international set of guests were eager to chow down on everything.
We found the  L Motel on Trip advisor. This was among the least expensive Flagstaff motels listed, perfect for a brief stop on our travel through the region. We'll be back!

Room Tip: Every room area was quiet, even in July!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here as it is walkable to downtown Flagstaff; should have stayed further away and grabbed a cab. Room was dark and dingy and kind of smelled bad. Wifi was pretty much useless. Breakfast was small and all carbs. They were doing construction on some of the rooms and started drilling and what not at 730 AM.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank DJ73
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Great hotel for the price- room was nice and big, bed was comfy, and the place was clean. It is near a road and gas station, so noises and smell of gas sometimes. Front desk was helpful and available. Also have a computer you can use in the lobby and flat screens in rooms. Bathroom was very large and clean also. Perfect for our one night stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Picked this one for our Flagstaff base during our Grand Canyon trip. This motel is located right off the highway close to the shops and downtown area and right opposite NAU in Flagstaff. There are many Inns/hotel in this area but this one is great value for the price. Our room was clean with an AC and microwave and comfortable beds. Staff was really friendly and knowledgeable about the area. Very comfortable and good experience. I would definitely pick this place if in Flagstaff again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I've stayed in Flagstaff many many times in the last 18 years. The only one worth the money is Little America. HOWEVER the rooms inside the L Motel rate the same as the Courtyard etc. It was clean bit a little run down. I am happy enough to see that its been cleaned. For the price (esp. During the weekdays) its good- comparatively. Dont believe the Motel 8 or the Motel 6 or even Days Inn is going to be better. If you plan on spending lots of time in a room and want a nice scenery go to the Little America. Ill admit that the timeshare at Talaqua Paqui isn't a whole lot better...so why pay for it if you just need a place to crash? Lately I book the L Motel whenever I go up on the weekend to visit my college kid. Its more expensive on the weekends but so is everyplace else. Do yourself a.favor though- if you want the lowest rate call the hotel itself. Expedia and all the others show higher prices ecerytime and then I just go directly the hotels website..always cheaper. Now so far I've never had.to ask for an extra pillow or anything soni can't say much about the service. I just check In and check out. Noone bothers me. There are chairs outside the rooms for smokers-no need to smoke inside. Parking seems fine to me- I've taken my big ford never had an issue with parki g right in front of my door. Its a small place. So I don't knkw what those comments.are about. I plan on staying there many times this year. Everything is LIKE right next door. Starbucks etc.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank RJStrickland
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Long story short: not as advertised. My wife and I were rolling through Flagstaff and wanted a good deal on one night. I found this place on another sight, checked out the pictures and saw that the price was $50/night. I thought it sounded good. We got there and it was plain nasty, dirty, smelled like smoke in the "non-smoking" room, and looked like a place where bad drug deals went down. As soon as my wife saw it she started crying; no joke. I went back to the guy in the office and told him that what I just saw was nothing like the pictures I saw online. I told him I wanted my money back and he said he couldn't. I didn't even argue with him, I just got out of there as soon as possible before my wife and me were caught in the middle of a drug-bust. Now the dude in the office was nice and all but clearly had no sense of justice. This place straight sucks.

Now if you're a guy or a group of guys that just need a place to crap and sleep, this is the place for you. But if you have a family or like clean things run away!

Room Tip: Don't go here.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank martyrcalvin
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Just needed a place to crash and found the motel on Yelp. Staff really nice and friendly. The room was a 40.00 room. I got a 40.00 room with a large fridge and tv. The beds were old school with springs that you could feel and hear but as stated, I paid for a 40.00 room. Would definitely stay again if passing through on my way to the GC.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple