New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #48 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
Brooklyn, New York
“Convenient and Affordable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Great hotel for the price- room was nice and big, bed was comfy, and the place was clean. It is near a road and gas station, so noises and smell of gas sometimes. Front desk was helpful and available. Also have a computer you can use in the lobby and flat screens in rooms. Bathroom was very large and clean also. Perfect for our one night stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Berkeley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Picked this one for our Flagstaff base during our Grand Canyon trip. This motel is located right off the highway close to the shops and downtown area and right opposite NAU in Flagstaff. There are many Inns/hotel in this area but this one is great value for the price. Our room was clean with an AC and microwave and comfortable beds. Staff was really friendly and knowledgeable about the area. Very comfortable and good experience. I would definitely pick this place if in Flagstaff again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Phoenix, Az
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I've stayed in Flagstaff many many times in the last 18 years. The only one worth the money is Little America. HOWEVER the rooms inside the L Motel rate the same as the Courtyard etc. It was clean bit a little run down. I am happy enough to see that its been cleaned. For the price (esp. During the weekdays) its good- comparatively. Dont believe the Motel 8 or the Motel 6 or even Days Inn is going to be better. If you plan on spending lots of time in a room and want a nice scenery go to the Little America. Ill admit that the timeshare at Talaqua Paqui isn't a whole lot better...so why pay for it if you just need a place to crash? Lately I book the L Motel whenever I go up on the weekend to visit my college kid. Its more expensive on the weekends but so is everyplace else. Do yourself a.favor though- if you want the lowest rate call the hotel itself. Expedia and all the others show higher prices ecerytime and then I just go directly the hotels website..always cheaper. Now so far I've never had.to ask for an extra pillow or anything soni can't say much about the service. I just check In and check out. Noone bothers me. There are chairs outside the rooms for smokers-no need to smoke inside. Parking seems fine to me- I've taken my big ford never had an issue with parki g right in front of my door. Its a small place. So I don't knkw what those comments.are about. I plan on staying there many times this year. Everything is LIKE right next door. Starbucks etc.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank RJStrickland
Louisville, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Long story short: not as advertised. My wife and I were rolling through Flagstaff and wanted a good deal on one night. I found this place on another sight, checked out the pictures and saw that the price was $50/night. I thought it sounded good. We got there and it was plain nasty, dirty, smelled like smoke in the "non-smoking" room, and looked like a place where bad drug deals went down. As soon as my wife saw it she started crying; no joke. I went back to the guy in the office and told him that what I just saw was nothing like the pictures I saw online. I told him I wanted my money back and he said he couldn't. I didn't even argue with him, I just got out of there as soon as possible before my wife and me were caught in the middle of a drug-bust. Now the dude in the office was nice and all but clearly had no sense of justice. This place straight sucks.

Now if you're a guy or a group of guys that just need a place to crap and sleep, this is the place for you. But if you have a family or like clean things run away!

Room Tip: Don't go here.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank martyrcalvin

Travelers are raving about these Flagstaff hotels

cerritos
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Just needed a place to crash and found the motel on Yelp. Staff really nice and friendly. The room was a 40.00 room. I got a 40.00 room with a large fridge and tv. The beds were old school with springs that you could feel and hear but as stated, I paid for a 40.00 room. Would definitely stay again if passing through on my way to the GC.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Collins, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

This is a great choice for the budget conscious traveller. Me and the wife were on a trip around the country, we stopped in flagstaff on a whim and were glad we did. The motel is clean and close to downtown, a great choice for flagstaff !

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank rossSavannahGa
Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Upon check in, room 110, the front desk clerk was friendly enough. He mentioned that breakfast was free in the morning and motioned towards a small table in the lobby. The parking lot is small. It's best to have a motorcycle or a small car, not that you couldn't park a pick-up truck but it may be a little difficult especially if there is another one next to you. The door to the room was a bit beat up and dirty. It looked like it may have been forced open sometime before. Once in the room it was very small and could use some work. There were two chairs in the room; one was a computer desk chair, and the other a lounge chair that was dirty. The bathroom was very small. The door to the bathroom had some paint missing from it. Upon looking closer, the shower looked like one of the glass windows had been removed and replaced by a shower curtain that had been put up to keep the water in the shower. It worked fine, but just a little redneck.
When I had to use the restroom I noticed that the toilet paper was at the end of the roll. I had to go to the office and request another roll. The desk clerk was more than happy to offer up 2 rolls. I stayed on a Sunday night. I had checked the rate for the Saturday night prior, and it was 2 and a half times the rate I paid for Sunday. Just my opinion but this room is barely worth the minimum rate much less what they ask for the weekend (Friday & Saturday). This room was okay for a place for a single guy to lay his head for a night. On the good side; I was able to open both the front window and bathroom window and turn on the ceiling fan to get some air flow thru the room for a good night’s sleep. I didn’t try the A/C. There was a small refrigerator and a microwave in the room along with a very big television. It was kind of felt like being in the front row at the movies. The carpet and the rest of the room seemed to be very clean. Bottom line, I guess I would stay there again, the next time I am thru Flagstaff on my motorcycle, but definitely not at the weekend rate.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo