“Historic Route 66” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The L Motel Flagstaff

You added The L Motel Flagstaff to your Saves list
The L Motel Flagstaff
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   121 South Milton Road, Flagstaff, AZ 86001 (Formerly Rodeway Inn near NAU)   |
Ranked #46 of 64 Hotels in Flagstaff
Arizona
“Historic Route 66”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Upon check in, room 110, the front desk clerk was friendly enough. He mentioned that breakfast was free in the morning and motioned towards a small table in the lobby. The parking lot is small. It's best to have a motorcycle or a small car, not that you couldn't park a pick-up truck but it may be a little difficult especially if there is another one next to you. The door to the room was a bit beat up and dirty. It looked like it may have been forced open sometime before. Once in the room it was very small and could use some work. There were two chairs in the room; one was a computer desk chair, and the other a lounge chair that was dirty. The bathroom was very small. The door to the bathroom had some paint missing from it. Upon looking closer, the shower looked like one of the glass windows had been removed and replaced by a shower curtain that had been put up to keep the water in the shower. It worked fine, but just a little redneck.
When I had to use the restroom I noticed that the toilet paper was at the end of the roll. I had to go to the office and request another roll. The desk clerk was more than happy to offer up 2 rolls. I stayed on a Sunday night. I had checked the rate for the Saturday night prior, and it was 2 and a half times the rate I paid for Sunday. Just my opinion but this room is barely worth the minimum rate much less what they ask for the weekend (Friday & Saturday). This room was okay for a place for a single guy to lay his head for a night. On the good side; I was able to open both the front window and bathroom window and turn on the ceiling fan to get some air flow thru the room for a good night’s sleep. I didn’t try the A/C. There was a small refrigerator and a microwave in the room along with a very big television. It was kind of felt like being in the front row at the movies. The carpet and the rest of the room seemed to be very clean. Bottom line, I guess I would stay there again, the next time I am thru Flagstaff on my motorcycle, but definitely not at the weekend rate.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Balkanabat, Balkan, Turkmenistan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

The actual owner was gone at the time I stayed there with my father and girlfriend, but his replacement was a very nice friend of his from India. The night we were there, we wanted to have some tea and the girl who was keeping night watch told us there was no tea for the rooms, but proceeded to give us several bags of her own delicious teas. That was a plus in customer service.

As for the rooms, we are usually traveling the third world and appreciate budget rooms. The US for us is not such a budget destination (I am a US citizen, and done heaps of roadtrips and prefer to camp, sleep over at friends' houses, or use Couchsurfing.org), but this room for the 3 of us was decent enough and also not so run down as other reviews mentioned. Maybe they did some remodeling by the time we were there in May 2013?

Overall, it was a nice experience and Flagstaff worth a stop through for the Observatory.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Arthur_Wojcicki
Eastbourne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I didn't realise when booking but the Hotel is right next to a really good area for Bars & Dinning.
Big flat screen TVs and friendly staff.
Quite grubby rooms, need paint and new doors minimum. A little like the Motel Ealr & Randy Hicks used live in.

Room Tip: Don't expect much from the rooms, but if you like watching TV you'll be happy.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank OldBoyRob
Laveen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We stayed at this motel over the Memorial Day 2013 holiday weekend. They made us feel at home, really enjoyed our stay!

The only thing that stopped us from giving this motel a 5 star rating, is they had no pool, but that's okay.

The manager and employees are very nice and friendly. If you stay here you can receive a 10% discount at the restaurant across the street, and the manager actually went over there with us to tell the restaurant that we were staying at his motel, so we could receive the 10% discount. That was so nice.

There were no malfunctions of any appliance, everything worked. The bathroom has a mirror where the shower is! I have stayed in so many motels and hotels, where there is no mirror in the same room as the shower. There is a large flat screen television, and they allow pets! Yay!

They readily accommodated us with a large parking space, so we could park our truck & flatbed trailer, which was carrying our new buggy. That was very important to us, and they were so gracious to understand.

It is very close to a lot of different restaurants and stores, so it's very convenient! The sound of traffic didn't bother us at all, and we were closest to the street.

Overall, very, very cozy, we will DEFINITELY consider staying here again!

Thank you "L" Motel!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Broken Arrow
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Look in the dictionary under 'hellhole' and you'll see this disgusting excuse for a hotel. The manager attempted to BS us by saying the room was 'OK'....liar. They added a utility surcharge the the price, we were stuck. Filthy, trashy, not what the photos depictIt's not worth my time to write this review but I have to leave 200 words.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Douglas H

Travelers are raving about these Flagstaff hotels

Flagstaff, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Great management, affordable rate, and fantastic location!

My only complaint is the motel is an older building, but I would not call it dirty or unclean -- just older. Management really seems to care about the guests, and seem to be making changes wherever they can.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Everett, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

This motel was nice with an astoundingly large bathroom. Because of a mistake with our reservations we got moved to this place from Howard Johnson. I wouldn't have paid the price they were asking as I don't think the room was overly nice. It was comfortable and clean with nice staff. The discount I got was well worth it.

• Stayed May 2013