“Decent hotel for your road trip”

Baymont Inn & Suites Flagstaff
Ranked #27 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
Mountain View, California
“Decent hotel for your road trip”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

When traveling through Flagstaff, I typically stay here for a night. The rooms and bathroom are on the small side but they are clean. The rooms are comfy, internet is included and breakfast is included. This place is right off I-40 and it seems to get very busy any day of the week. This hotel seems to book a lot of tour buses so the hotel is typically full. The breakfast seating area is limited so get their early. Parking in front near the elevator is limited as well. If I was staying for multiple nights I would try another Marriott property to see how they compare. They offer AAA discounts.

Room Tip: get a room facing north away from Milton road.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Fairfield_Flagstaff, Assistant General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Flagstaff, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Greetings Marlene,

Thank you for the recent feedback regarding your visit to Flagstaff. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I may be of any further assistance.

jordanm@swhm.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Trinity, Florida
Reviewed May 2, 2014

The wife and I stayed here for two weekend nights before going to the Grand Canyon as part of a long driving trip west. We would try a different Marriott or Hilton property next time. This Fairfield seems to have a fine staff and is in a good location. It also seems to be a very busy hotel. The issues I witnessed/experienced seem to be mostly from the building itself. If it was built originally as a Fairfield Inn as one reviewer stated, I have never seen another like it. (I am a Marriott lifetime platinum level traveler so I have stayed in a few....)

The room rate was attractive. This hotel has 3 floors. Issues: For security reasons, the elevator (and there is only one) requires a room key as the elevator is just inside the front door and before you get to the reception desk. Floors 1 & 2 have only outside doors. Floor 3 has inside corridor hence the overwhelming tips to ask for 3rd/top floor. If the rooms are very small (and ours was), then the bathrooms are tiny! The sink in the bathroom has no vanity and barely any shelf to place anything. This is a hotel, right, and everyone staying here is traveling so we all have toiletries to place somewhere. The corner sink area only has a mirror on one wall so it is an interesting challenge to shave because you have to keep turning to one side to see yourself as you shave. Bizarre! Not sure how women deal with this for hair and make-up.

Though most Fairfield Inns offer comp breakfast we rarely partake except for a coffee and yogurt(usually to go), but this breakfast was jammin' on both days, BUT the hotel was sold out and there seemed to lots of families as it was the weekend and the edge of spring break in some areas. Understandable. I have never seen ANY hotel that has enough room for all guests to sit down at breakfast if the hotel is full, so if you show up and it is busy, wait and take you r turn and maybe consider grapping some things to take back to your room.

This hotel needs a face lift that should include complete redesign. Not sure if that is doable - probably cannot relocate the elevator, but you could move the front desk. My guess is that this is a successful property as is and the owners may not be inclined to change much............unless corporate requires it. In the meantime, we will look to stay elsewhere

Room Tip: Top floor (3rd) is the only place to be.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Fairfield_Flagstaff, Assistant General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Flagstaff, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Greetings Vinomanfla,

Thank you for your honest feedback. We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality you deserve. We are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Canada
Reviewed April 30, 2014

We stayed here for one night Easter weekend. The hotel was very busy, but the front desk was very friendly and efficient. They even directed us to a restaurant we wanted to dine at. The cookies at the front desk are a nice touch. I did not mind the exterior corridors, but the weather was not too unpleasant. There is only one small elevator, and our room was quite far from it. This is a slight inconvenience. We had a room with two double or queen beds and the space is very tight for a family of four with luggage. The bathroom is TINY. But, the room was very clean and had everything we needed. There is a small fridge and microwave. The included breakfast added to the convenience. They had a great choice of breakfast items. There was a pool and hot tub, but the pool was still covered for the season. This is an older building, but I would not hesitate to suggest it.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Greetings traveler06,

Thank you very much for providing feedback regarding your recent visit to Flagstaff! We are glad that we were able to serve you during your holiday travels. Please do think of us again for any future visits to beautiful Flagstaff!

Fairfield Inn by Marriott - Flagstaff
san francisco
Reviewed April 28, 2014

It was nice being welcomed by 2 guest relations staff looking like from an ad from A&F, but it was S(am) & H(ayden). Easy check-in and helpful tips for touring the Grand Canyon. They said this property was the original Fairfield Inn. It was a combination hotel/motel, since one can enter from the outside as well. 3 Luggage carts were outside due to lack of space inside; not a good idea in the snow where the carts were wet and cold. This was my 2nd stay here knew the rooms would be small and the bath seemed smaller this time. Area was quite. Breakfast room was packed both days I was there and offered the standard Fairfield fare - only OK. Overall: nice staff, clean rooms, and good location. Just know that rooms will be small.

Room Tip: Don't get a room on the first floor.
Green Features: Nice to see recycling bins; every hotel should do this.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Fairfield_Flagstaff, Assistant General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Flagstaff, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Hello Larry,

USA
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Very nice and helpful staff. Average room. Very small bathroom. The biggest issue we had was the "room darkening" curtains don't close. They only cover the outside part of the window. The window was fully covered by white, sheer curtains. There was a light right outside our room shining in. My husband said he could see me sitting on the bed when he came back from getting ice. Not very safe. And we like to sleep in. Not possible with sun shining in. We got creative and used the hangers with clips on them to join the two panels and close them the best we could. Finally, we could hear every the squeaky bed in the room above us.

Greetings March959697,

Savannah, GA
Reviewed April 26, 2014

I moved my disabled husband and myself to this hotel after being in a "Bates Motel" elsewhere in the city. (When I called to book a room here and the clerk asked me where we were at that time, I replied, "The Bates Motel" and she asked, "Is it nice?" I met her later; both she and her coworker were young. But has no one under the age of 40 seen "Psycho?") Sorry, I digress. Our previous night was awful, at the "Bates," and this hotel was so nice. Even the lobby was nice. We had a very comfortable handicapped room and when I couldn't get our TV to turn on, the night clerk showed up within minutes and reconnected it. Breakfast was more than adequate in a nice lobby location. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Hello Candice K,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay! We thank you for staying with us. Please do think of us again for any future visits to beautiful FLAGSTAFF!

Fairfield Inn by Marriott - Flagstaff

Las Cruces, NM
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Unfortunately our stay at this property was not a pleasant one. We stopped here for one night on our way to Vegas. We should've stayed at the Courtyard like we usually do. This property is outdated, rooms are small and the bathrooms are very small. The walls are thin, you hear everything! I called the property early the day we were set to arrive to ask for a top floor because I am a light sleeper. The woman at the front desk assured me I would be in a quiet room on the top floor. When we arrived we got a first floor room facing a parking lot. The doors open to the outside of the property so it was not a quiet room. We had kids running and jumping in the room above us so I didn't get much rest. It was a very long night. I walked down to the front desk to tell them I was not happy and all I got was I'm sorry, but we are sold out. I strive hard to be a Gold member with Marriott, but now I'm wondering if it is worth it. We didn't get any of our preferences. Take my advice, stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor.
1 Thank nmnative
Fairfield_Flagstaff, Assistant General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Flagstaff, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Greetings nmnative,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent visit to Flagstaff. I do apologize for being unable to satisfy your request for a room on our top floor. The hotel was actually at full capacity the evening of your visit and we even had a few foreign tour groups in house. I am glad that we were able to still fulfill your accommodation needs while keeping you in a quieter section of the property, away from the groups. If you do return to the Flagstaff area, please contact me personally so that I can see that you are able to experience a room on our third floor. As a Gold Status Marriott Rewards Member, we thank you for your continued loyalty with Marriott.

Jordan Mauck
Operations Manager
Fairfield Inn Flagstaff
2005 S. Milton Rd.
928-773-1300
928-773-1462 (fax)
JordanM@swhm.com

Travelers are raving about these Flagstaff hotels