“Basic older hotel. Bed was comfortable, room was clean, but nothing special” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn & Suites Flagstaff

Baymont Inn & Suites Flagstaff
Ranked #27 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
Dearborn, MI
“Basic older hotel. Bed was comfortable, room was clean, but nothing special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Stayed here as part of a trip travelling through Sedona and snowboarding in Snowbowl. The room was booked last minute before starting my trip, and went with Marriott brand from past experiences being good. This is one of the oldest Fairfields I've stayed at. Not to say it was bad, just not very up to date. No indoor pool or heated outdoor pool (and for a "mountain" town, an outdoor heated pool sure would have been nice). The value was mediocre, being about $120 for a Saturday stay for a basic room. I would usually pay maybe $90 for this level of room in most other places. Check-in was slow due to people in front of me having issues with their reservations, and with only 1 person working at about 11pm on a Friday, I had to wait about 20 minutes for them to get their issue resolved.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Drapes33

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We had checked in late. Our room was fairly clean but small. Tiny bathrooms. But was rudely awakenby housekeeping banging on the door at 830am this was very annoying considering I had barely fallen asleep at 2am. Then after she finally stopped knocking I called the front desk and informed her of the situation. She apolijized and assured me it wouldnt happen again. After that I couldnt fall back asleep and I decided to go have breakfast. When I arrived around 915am they has run out of waffle mix, bagels, and white bread for toast when I asked if they were replacing it they informed me they would not. I then went back to my room to get ready and tried to relax when again around 1000 housekeeping came banging on the door AGAIN. She used her key to open the door before I could even get there. I then decided I obviously wasnt welcomed so we packed up and left. Upon check out I informed her of what happened she seemed to care less and simply said she would pass it on to her manager. Who by the way was not available for me to speak to. All in all I feel I seriously feel I over paid for a room I basically got chased out of by housekeeping.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank alesha66

Travelers are raving about these Flagstaff hotels

Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I was on a business trip to Flagstaff, so I didn't have a choice but to stay at this hotel. A co-worker and myself checked in at about 9 am on February 12, 2013. We were both given adjacent rooms, so we dropped off our bags and went on to our meeting. Following the meeting, we went back to the hotel to freshen up to go get some dinner and have some drinks later that evening as it was my birthday. When we arrived back at the hotel, my key card didn't work, so I went to the lobby, got a new key card, only to find that one didn't work either. The clerk then told me that my things were taken out of the room earlier in the day and that I was to be given another room. I've been to a lot of hotels in my time, everything from the crappiest of hotels/motels to really nice ones and have never had my things taken out of a room I was already checked into. The reason I was given was that my name was not attached to the room. I don't know what that means. As I was going through my bags to make sure everything was there because I was "assured" that everything was there, I first noticed that a pair of wet tennis shoes from the earlier snow fall was jammed into the area where my clothes were, so now I have a stained shirt to wear the next day. I then noticed that everything was not there and mentioned it to the clerk. He told me that I would have to wait until morning, but after some "convincing", I was able to get the things I first noticed were missing. The room I was then given didn't have the same accomodations, so the food that I had left over spoiled due to the lack of a refrigerator which the first room had. The condition of the room was ok though. I was by myself, so the size of the room didn't really matter. I was not able to talk to management the next day, as more meetings and a trip back to Phoenix took up most of the day, so I had to resort to talking to the same person from the night before. Pretty much the only thing I got from this conversation was that if I remember anything else that was missing to let them know and that the general manager, Vance Monoghan, would "make it right". Upon my return to Phoenix, I was finally able to talk to the general manager and was given the text book response that this is not general practice, the matter is still under investigation, we do not know how this happened, my bags should have stayed in the room and the other person should have been given a different room. He assured me that this would not happen again, the employee that moved my bags was reprimanded, we are very sorry for your inconvenience and so on and so forth. I told him I was also missing a coffee cup, which is replaceable, and a pocket knife, which is not replaceable because it had sentimental value as it was given to me by my grandfather twenty some years ago. He then assured me that he would look everywhere he could to find these items and get back with me. Later in the day, I received a call and was told that my things were no where to be found and "We're sorry but there is nothing more we can do." He did try to offer me a free nights stay for the next time I was in Flagstaff, but fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. I will never set foot on that property again. I have notified my company and will be filing a vendor performance report with them.

Room Tip: The location is good as there are plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby. However, if you choose...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank Paul L
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We loved our room clean quiet, the front desk people and cleaning crew were wonderful. We loved the breckfast. So good and quick made for a good start to the day. We were close to all major roads. We stayed somewhere else for 2 nights, and wished we would of stayed put at the Fairfield Inn.

Room Tip: Rooms are away from the railroad tracks. We were on the first floor which was helpful.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Skibeatle75
Gilbert, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I decided to come back to Fairfield Inn because it's a good value when compared to other ridiculously priced Flagstaff lodging. The customers service is great and other than the heater keeping me up half the night making strange noises the room met my needs just fine. I got a great rate on the room but when I checked my credit card on-line they had put about $35 additional on it for incidentals. Come on now... what kind of incidentals do you get at a Fairfield Inn? When I asked them about it they said "bottled water and long distance phone calls." Well ok, there is one bottle of water sitting on the desk in the room and who makes long distance phone calls anymore with cell phone service? It's probably a Marriott thing but they should tell you what they are doing up front and it took 4 days to get fixed in my credit card account. If one does not realize this they will think they are getting ripped off. The customer shouldn't have to ask questions about something like this. The free breakfast is very good compared to other comparable places.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank dobarv
Reno, Nevada, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while making a road trip. My first preference tends to be: to find a Hilton. But, instead, I tried this hotel and the front-desk clerk was so positive and professional, and the price was such a good deal, that I chose this hotel instead. I'm glad I did.

In every way I can list, the quality was wonderful for the price -- but what made it especially nice for me is how transgender-friendly *everyone* was.

I’m a 6′ tall transgender girl, clearly not a genetically integrated girl and clearly not male either. My aesthetics have an effect that tends to fluster especially young males, and not in a good way. I take it as it comes but I don’t like it.

I just finished writing a review about another hotel where the front-desk staff seemed to feel so awkward that I chose to leave early. They weren't mean, just struggling to deal with the concept. By contrast, everyone I dealt with at this hotel either has received good training on what transgender girls are and how to deal with us (like any other girl) or everyone was just naturally gracious and savvy.

Either way, my stay there was super-nice and I liked it a lot. It's such a relief to simply be treated like the girl that I essentially am, without it being an issue.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Cobham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

The whole hotel is badly in need of refurbishment. The bathroom was tiny - really really tiny - and the room small too. the exercise room was good but also tiny! The breakfast was not as good as most hotels of this type and the breakfast room was ......tiny! much too small to cope with the number of people having breakfast - we had nowhere to sit. Pool area quite nice. Def not up to fairfield inn normal standards. red lobster nearby is the best i have been to for ages and much better than most independant restaurants - see my review

Room Tip: ask for one overlooking the pool for a quiet room
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends