“Clean, friendly, small room, tiny bathrooms”

Baymont Inn & Suites Flagstaff
Ranked #28 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Mesa
“Clean, friendly, small room, tiny bathrooms”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

The hotel staff is pleasant. There was only one elevator for all guests. The lobby area is small....this should have been a clue to the size of the rooms. The room are small. Not just a little small..but ridicously small. The bathrooms are even smaller. The continental breakfast that was provided left a lot to be desired. There is cold cereal, instant oatmeal, bagels, yogurt, some fresh fruit, make your own belgian waffles. The rooms were clean and it is in a nice location. But I wouldn't stay here again based on the size of the rooms and the inadequate breakfast.

Room Tip: There are three floors. Floors one and two have doors leading to an outside walkway for entracne. On...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Englewood, Florida
Reviewed June 21, 2012

The best review I can give is that we encountered no problems. The room was clean. We would stay there again.

Ogden, Utah
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I took the family on vacation in mid June of 2012. The Best Western I booked at Page, AZ had a pool/hot tub undergoing repair, so I cancelled and looked for a hotel in Flagstaff, since all the hotels I called in Page had hot tub or pool problems. I called this hotel directly, and the girl said the rooms were "big".

Perhaps to a skinny single woman they are (I'm being generous here). I'm average size, don't get me wrong, but with my wife and 2 kids, the room was not at all big; not even average size. We had a roll away bed for the kids; they gave us one for the 2 kids; it was too small, but there was barely room to walk around it, and no room for a 2nd roll away. One girl rolled off the too-small roll away bed (air bed; would be ok for one person, but not two, and there truly is NOT room for a second air bed in there).

The bathroom was cheaply/poorly designed. The sink is in the main bathroom; there's no 2nd sink or access to water outside the main bathroom. The room was expensive ($99 plus tax to me, more for most) and the hot tub was DIRTY. It looked unfiltered, there were floaties in it. I would not allow the kids to get in it. Also, the chaise lounge cut my finger when it touched the hard plastic side. I didn't expect that, but those suckers are sharp.

The breakfast was good. I did appreciate the organic soy milk; but would not stay there again just for that. They cheaped out on the hotel design, but they charge full price anyway. Not the best Marriott; though most Marriotts are good if you don't mind paying for them. Look elsewhere first if you are traveling with family!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Flagstaff hotels

South West England
Reviewed June 16, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights as a base for visiting the Grand Canyon. The hotel is exactly what you expect of a Fairfield Inn - clean and comfortable with no frills.

The staff were helpful and friendly. We had a room on the second floor overlooking the car park. It was clean and quiet with free WiFi. The location has many restaurants and a Wal Mart within a short walk.

The only downside is that the breakfast room is a little small for the number of people using it.

1 Thank pomsontour
Reviewed June 12, 2012 via mobile

My family and I stayed at Fairfield Inn Flagstaff while on a cross-country vacation. The rate was very reasonable for the area, and I have always had good luck with Fairfield Inns in the past.

Upon arrival, I was met by "Emily" at the front desk. She was very friendly and helpful. She asked if i had a room preference. I told her no and she recommended a third floor room.

The room was clean, and seemed to be updated in the recent past. Nothing extravagant, but nice. While unloading my bags, I noticed several Arizona Highway Patrol vehicles parked in the lot. I came to the conclusion they have a contract with the state for out-of-town troopers. This was a plus as I was quite sure criminals would avoid the area!

I would recommend a room on the third floor, as all other floors have rooms with an exterior door.

The room price includes a standard breakfast (Similiar to Hampton and others).

I will stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Texasnative1
cubs1123, Director of Sales at Baymont Inn & Suites Flagstaff, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Thanks for the kind words. I will make sure Emily will see this.
Dripping Springs, Texas
Reviewed June 1, 2012

We stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Flagstaff, AZ at the end of May 2012. This hotel has outside corridors, which made it feel as if people were looking in our windows, while we were in the room. It was impossible to close the curtains on the window without a gap. The room was tiny. There was hardly space for a small nightstand to fit between the two full beds. The hotel staff was professional and the breakfast was standard, but good. The mattresses were springy. For what was received I found the price of the room to be fairly high. I usually expect Fairfield Inn to be better than average, but that was not the case here. One nice bonus was that there is a Coco's restaurant within easy walking distance of the hotel and jogging trails nearby.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed May 31, 2012

My wife and I took a trip to the grand canyon and stayed in the fairfield Inn in Flagstaff. We were very pleased with the hotel, it was clean and quiet, that is very important to us. We stayed in other hotels in the area that cost almost twice as much and had better service at the fairfield. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. The hotel is located on a hill which blocks out a lot of the noise from the road in front. It had easy access to all the major roads in flagstaff and also easy to get historic downtown. The staff was great and made you feel welcome. The only problem I had was I was not able to try their breakfast because there was a bus tour staying there and they all chose to eat breakfast at the same time. It was really no fault of the hotels but I sure was hungry.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple