“Beautiful Place To Celebrate Our Anniversary”
Review of Conifer House Inn

Conifer House Inn
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed here to celebrate our 4 year anniversary. This was a nice, quiet location in Flagstaff, yet close enough to downtown. Everything was CLEAN, tidy, and romantic. There were lights set up on a gazebo for couples to sit and enjoy the evening. The owner, Lauren was extremely kind and helpful. She prepared a breakfast to-go for us the following morning, since we left early to go hike the Grand Canyon. Lauren was considerate of my dairy allergy and very accommodating. The jacuzzi was an added plus!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 30, 2013

This place is one that I will hold dear to my heart. My fiance not only brought me here to celebrate my 4th decade of life but also to propose. He had all the details worked out with Lauren, the owner. She was fabulous! She was so friendly and inviting to us.

When we first pulled into the driveway she came out to greet us and immediately took us on a tour of the property which consisted of the gathering/dining area, the atrium that had many colorful flowers and patio settings to relax at and the "kitchen" which had different snacks and drinks (non-alcoholic and alcoholic) for us to help ourselves to. There was also a library of DVD's and VHS to view while we were there.
We then went to our room which was the "Ponderosa" Room. It was clean and comfortable decorated modernly rustic. There was a shower that had MORE than enough hot water and great pressure. There is also a 2 person jacuzzi style bathtub that was much much needed! Even a rubber ducky and flameless candles! Anything I would have needed was there from a hair dryer to Q-Tips to makeup remover wipes and a first aid kit.

We went at the end of June so I was worried about the room being hot. Well, while it was 120 in Phoenix, and the temperature in Flagstaff was in the lower 90's, the room stayed at a cool temperature the entire time. We were able to open the windows at night with no disturbing sounds bothering us the 3 nights we stayed. There was a family of the cutest little family of squirrels that ran around rambunctiously and were quite entertaining! There was a nice gift for me for my birthday as well as some snacks everyday when they came in to straighten up and give us fresh towels. We were quite impressed with that! The breakfasts were A M A Z I N G too. I mean, the presentation, the table linens, the taste and freshness of the food was unmatched. There was hot chocolate for me and my fiance (met by request), and great conversation between the guests, all of which were were repeat customers, now that really says something about a place.
Lauren is a wonderful and warm hostess with a knack for making you feel welcome and at home. I loved the simplicity and privacy of the establishment. If you want a place that is quiet and more naturesque, this is the place. It is located in the middle of a neighborhood, but you would seriously never know it. It was perfect in everyway for our special weekend. We definitly will be back regularly.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa G
Reviewed June 1, 2013

My fiance and I stayed at here for an extended weekend while on business in Phoenix. What a great place to stay to enjoy Flagstaff. Close to downtown...easy trip to the Snow Bowl or Grand Canyon as well. With that said, we loved the breakfast and how Lauren went out of her way to prepare such great food that was Gluten Free for me. I know she also had a vegetarian guest the same weekend, so she had her work cut out:) But, let me tell you, I want to go back now just for her wonderful breakfast. Oh, and the room was quiet, peaceful, clean, and just relaxing.

Thanks, we hope to get back to Flagstaff and stay again!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Chad L
Reviewed May 25, 2013

My husband and I stay at a lot of B&Bs and this is among the top. Very clean, wonderful gourmet breakfasts, great inn keeper. The bed was extremely comfortable and the jetted tub was perfectly sized. The B&B was on a quiet, dead-end road with lots of trees around. It was wonderfully tranquil, but not far from the downtown area. All the little extras you could think of were included - snacks and beverages available all day, battery tea light candles, soaps, even a loofah. It really was the best customer service I have had in a very long time!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Ponderosa room and loved
2  Thank Kathie L
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We stayed in the Ponderosa room for 3 nights in May.

We arrived late but the owner Lauren could not be more helpful and welcoming when we got there.
The place has an air of quality with nice thoughtful touches such as daily snacks in the room, free water and soda as well as tea and coffee available until 10pm and an extensive DVD collection to access if you want.
The breakfasts were very nice and the location in a residential area makes for a restful stay yet it is convenient for visiting Flagstaff and nearby attractions
We would highly recommend staying here; you will not be disappointed

1  Thank hgee
Reviewed May 17, 2013

This was our first time at a bed and breakfast. We (my boyfriend and I) chose Conifer House based on reviews here on Trip Advisor and we absolutely loved it. Lauren was very welcoming and helpful. The room was immaculately clean and well designed. We stayed in the Nantucket room and it was such a perfect getaway. The next time we visit family in Arizona, I'm definitely planning a few days to stay in Flagstaff at the Conifer House again. It was the cherry on top of our trip from southern Arizona up to Flagstaff and definitely gave us a lovely chance to recuperate and spend some alone time before the 15 hour drive home.

The food was absolutely delicious. I wish I had breakfast like that everyday!! Every detail down to the sheets on the bed was spot on. I never wanted to leave.

Room Tip: The Nantucket room has a private entry near parking and was a wonderful room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
LaurenMKW50, Owner at Conifer House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

We are so glad that you had such a good "first time stay at a B&B" and that it was with us! Thank you so much for the positive comments -- it is good to hear that people do notice all of the little things we do to make our guests' stays as comfortable and pleasant as is humanly possible! Hope your trip home was quick & uneventful! Lauren & staff

Reviewed May 17, 2013

Wonderful breakfasts, rooms and staff. We spent 3 days in the Nantucket room which has a seaside / beach theme. Every little detail in both the room and common areas was thoughtfully placed by our hosts making our stay special. We were sorry not to have met Lauren (family illness that she needed to be at) but Tucker took great care of us during our stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

I was really disappointed not to have the opportunity to meet you both and take care of your needs, but am glad that my son-in-law was up to the task and made you both comfortable! We appreciate your kind comments and hope that your entire trip to the USA was very enjoyable! Thanks again! Lauren and staff