“We will never forget the kindness of the staff”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Flagstaff
Flagstaff Grand Canyon KOA
Reviewed February 19, 2012

My husband was at the campground when he became very ill Not wanting to disappoint the kids, he told us go on to Sedona and he would stayed behind. I was worried about him but I left him to recuperate at the park. To my horror I realized that I accidentally took his phone. I called the office for help and they checked on my husband and called me back to tell me he was doing well. Then, without asking, they checked on him the next morning. The big pines and fresh air helped him recover. The park was also kid friendly with an awesome indoor pool. We will definitely visit them again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Fran G

Reviewed December 31, 2011

The men staffing this place were rude and generally unhelpful when I stayed overnight in the winter Dec 29-30. I had trouble getting the water turned on and they were impatient, acted as if it was my fault, made fun of my efforts, and the electricity was off during the night which caused the refrigerator set on AC to go off which spoiled the food. This was a simple problem which could have been taken care of in a simple manner. Instead I was offended and left as soon as I could. The weather was in the teens, 18F. overnight and there was some issue of freezing hoses etc. I would avoid this place if you are an RV er.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank J H
Reviewed October 26, 2011

Being close to the Grand Canyon and being close to shopping, restaurants and facilities is a key reason to stay. A bit pricey but everything in the area is.
Campground offers a variety of camping options from cabins, tee-pees, tents, trailers and RVs. Staff is welcoming and friendly. Cable TV is available and so is wifi. Our only complaint was that there were few level sites for large RVs.

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank Rbusse
Reviewed September 28, 2011

Clean cabin and bathrooms. Friendly employees. Lots to do in the campground and in the area. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank PuppyGirl1
Reviewed July 21, 2011

We stayed at this campground for one night in a teepee. This campground is great for parents of young kids. We had a total of 5 people (2 were twin toddlers in a pack and play). The teepee was roomy, and restrooms were very clean. The campground was crowded (July 4 weekend), but we were lucky and the staff is wonderful here - rules are apparently enforced, because it was quiet after 10 p.m.!

A few issues - the campground is close to a highway. Road noise bothered me at night. (Earplugs resolve this, but we only had one pair.) The mattresses in the teepee were on a frame made of thick poles - I frankly might have been more comfortable on a ground pad in a tent. Padding the mattress with an extra sleeping bag helped. The full sized teepee mattresses are round - so if you are tall, only the center of the mattress is long enough. Just keep that in mind - it may affect your ability to share the beds comfortably, depending on height of your family members.

There is a rule that parents are to supervise kids in the bouncy house, and some parents just send their kids there alone, as if it is a babysitter. Some older kids were playing rough and making it impossible for younger kids to be in there at times. Perhaps the camp could have some times set aside for small children (maybe 5 and under) to safely play if this rule can't be enforced.

We would stay here again! It felt very safe and secure, and had beautiful pine trees - while it was semi-city camping being right in Flagstaff, it still had that camping feel with beautiful views of the stars at night!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank lajollauser
Reviewed August 29, 2010

I loved this spot, the staff was great and the Grand Canyon was close, I enjoyed my stay and want to go back again.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank SoCalMediaSurfer
Reviewed January 3, 2010

It was just nice and safe and clean which is important when camping with young children. However, it was still an outdoor experience. I loved the convenient general store and even the proximity to gas and needs in town. Flagstaff KOA offers daily meals and activities which again helps when you have children. We are returning this summer with our pop up camper, but we are also renting two cabins for our friends and family to meet us there. I wish I could stay in the teepees!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family