“A better Motel 6, and near interesting places”

Motel 6 Flagstaff West-Woodland Village
Ranked #43 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Chicago
“A better Motel 6, and near interesting places”
Reviewed September 4, 2010

Most travelers expect accommodations on the parsimonious side at Motel 6, which is fine for people like me on a budget. I have seen bad reviews of Motels 6s, but I have always had a good experience at the chain, and Motel 6, Woodland Village, on Flagstaff’s west side, is no exception. Maybe because it’s the biggest Motel 6 I’ve stayed at ~ a full three-story palace ~ but it is one of the better Motel 6s.

The staff was efficient and accommodating, and the rooms were super clean. I mostly liked the abundance of restaurants nearby and a Walmart and supermarket right across the street. Also, downtown is walking distance. It’s a long walk, but if you’re healthy you can manage it; or taking the bus there is easy.

Also nearby is the Lowell Observatory on a hill this side of downtown. I recommend taking the evening tour. Percival Lowell, as you may recall, was the astronomer who thought he saw canals on Mars from this observatory. The canals were mere optical illusions; as we know today that Mars is relatively barren. But why did Lowell see the canals? Take the tour and find out.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed August 28, 2010

This was the first hotel we stayed at as we journied across the I-40. We decided to go as economical as possible because we we driving in very late and just need a place to sleep a few hours until taking off again. The hotel is definitely do-able if you just need a place to crash for a night, but I wouldn't choose it if I was vacationing in Flagstaff. The rooms have been recently remodeled, but all the materials that the hotel used are extremely cheap in quality. The room is somewhat clean, the shower needed a good scrub down in my opinion, but at the time I was to tired from driving to care. The staff was easy going and capable. The parking lot has a great "U design" for parking trailers or other large hauling vehicles. They also have a great pet policy if you are a traveling with animals. I don't believe they have free wi-fi though, it's an additional charge. The cost of one night is also very economical for the Flagstaff area. It's also central to a few restaurants and across the street from a shopping plaza, so it's very easy to walk and get breakfast/lunch/dinner.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 28, 2010

Great Motel 6. Area is filled with motels and because of a very strange system of bridges off the freeway a GPS is advisable. Motel was great! Newly refurbed the rooms were VERY clean and comfortable. The staff was nice as could be and very helpful in finding our way. Great place to stay with kids. Highly recommended. Beds were very firm.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Kingman, Arizona
Reviewed August 20, 2010

Upon arrival @ the front desk, there was no record of our reservation, but the clerk was very nice, took my confimation # down, and arranged a room anyhow. We paid $62.40 for a one night mid-week stay for two. When we got to the room, it appeared to be recently remodeled, with a fancy new TV, and laminated tile wood-like floors. But the room lacked basics, like a clock/radio pad & pen, small bottles of lotion, shampoo, and SOAP. OK, I do not expect a coffee pot @ Motel 6, I know you have to go to the lobby for a cup of Joe, but no soap? When I called the lobby to request some shampoo & soap, I was told that they do not issue shampoo, and if I wanted soap, I would have to come down to the lobby to get it. This does not seem too hygienic to me. I was afraid to even touch the door handles, or anything else. How many people might not make that trip to get some soap? The Mickey Mouse bedspreads were also visibly stained, and would not have passed the ultra-violet light test. For less than 3 bucks more, I stayed @ the Travelodge the week prior, & it had a micowave, fridge, coffee pot ,clock/radio, hairdryer, shampoo, lotion, and EVEN SOAP.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Flagstaff hotels

Suffolk, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 3, 2010

Very friendly welcome by reception staff and quick check in. our two rooms were fine except for one thing: the floors were very dirty, which was strange as apart from that everything was spotless. Rooms were well equipped, nice bathroom and and comfy beds. parking outside the door and free wifi worked well. The motel is a few minutes' drive from shops and restaurants, or you could walk it. I would stay here again, but check the floor!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Tombstone, Arizona
Reviewed May 25, 2010

We needed a place to stay on our way to Grand Canyon and choose to stay in Flagstaff. The bedroom was very clean, 4/5. The bathroom was a bit unclean, 2.5/5. A few hair in the bathtub and there was some sort of grease that was impossible to remove.

Price was very good! 50 USD for a two person room.

The rooms were not very soundproof. We heard the man in the next room coughing during the night but it wasn't really an issue. When we made love my girlfriend was quite loud and I think the neighbors got disturbed since they gave her grumpy looks when she met them outside the room the next morning.

There was no wireless internet available at the time from Motel 6 but we managed to hook up to the free wireless internet from the Daily Inn which was just a parking lot away.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank antonkalin
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed May 17, 2010

I recently worked on a low budget movie in Flagstaff Arizona and had to choose where cast and crew would stay. I called around and received several quotes on room rates and motel 6 had the best. I arrived several days before the rest of the crew expecting the worst. I could not have been more wrong!!! The place was excellent!! The manager Angelica had told me the place was just recently remodeled. Upon telling everyone that we would be staying there for the next 10 days or so I heard many grunts and groans from crew and especially finicky actors. I assured them they would be surprised. Every single one of the 25 or so people we had, told me how wonderful this hotel was. "It sure doesn't feel like a Motel 6," was heard on many occasions. The staff was incredible!! I could go on and on but please do your self a favor and stay here.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business