“Good value for your money”

Motel 6 Flagstaff West-Woodland Village
Ranked #46 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
Tombstone, Arizona
“Good value for your money”
Reviewed May 25, 2010

We needed a place to stay on our way to Grand Canyon and choose to stay in Flagstaff. The bedroom was very clean, 4/5. The bathroom was a bit unclean, 2.5/5. A few hair in the bathtub and there was some sort of grease that was impossible to remove.

Price was very good! 50 USD for a two person room.

The rooms were not very soundproof. We heard the man in the next room coughing during the night but it wasn't really an issue. When we made love my girlfriend was quite loud and I think the neighbors got disturbed since they gave her grumpy looks when she met them outside the room the next morning.

There was no wireless internet available at the time from Motel 6 but we managed to hook up to the free wireless internet from the Daily Inn which was just a parking lot away.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank antonkalin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed May 17, 2010

I recently worked on a low budget movie in Flagstaff Arizona and had to choose where cast and crew would stay. I called around and received several quotes on room rates and motel 6 had the best. I arrived several days before the rest of the crew expecting the worst. I could not have been more wrong!!! The place was excellent!! The manager Angelica had told me the place was just recently remodeled. Upon telling everyone that we would be staying there for the next 10 days or so I heard many grunts and groans from crew and especially finicky actors. I assured them they would be surprised. Every single one of the 25 or so people we had, told me how wonderful this hotel was. "It sure doesn't feel like a Motel 6," was heard on many occasions. The staff was incredible!! I could go on and on but please do your self a favor and stay here.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Englewood
Reviewed March 11, 2010

I generally agree with the most recent reviews. Good place to stay if you are a I-40 traveler looking for a few hours of sleep. Also, good for quick visits to NAU as the campus is close by. Room was recently remodeled and clean. A bit on the noisy side but not unreasonable. They have new Philips 32" LCD TV in the room = it was OK but I would never buy one (couldn't even Google the model number). I have to mention that the front desk folks were very friendly. I've stay here before and definitely would consider it in the future.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
South Lebanon, Ohio
Reviewed March 4, 2010

pros:
it looks like it was recently remodeled
and the hotel is close to a mall with a wal mart and other fast food restaurants all within walking distance
reasonable rate

cons:
the front desk person didnt have much of a personality,like an old stick in the mud or something,and he looks like in his 20s
very noisy,I could hear my upstairs neighbors when they walk or the next door neighbors getting it on
along with a lot of traffic noise from the highway as well.
housekeeper left trash in the cans
and having to pay $3 for internet

all in all,it was just ok, just for an overnight stay,thats about it.
But,if you want peace and quiet,this motel will NOT be right for you.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
Reviewed February 13, 2010

Typical Motel 6 type place. Outdoor corridors, small rooms, but was very clean. Adjoining room with strangers meant we could hear everything next door. Seems like this type of building has nothing but adjoining rooms. The area is very nice, the hotel was easy to find. The rates can't be beat. They had a lot of snow before we arrived but the parking lot and sidewalks were clear of all snow and ice. Parking was okay. Motel is close to the university and lots of places to eat. We had a nice sit-down dinner at Red Lobster just a couple of blocks away, and there were plenty of other restaraunts close by, too. Close to a shopping center. It was very good for an overnighter, although it would be cramped for a longer stay. The room was immaculate and didn't smell of smoke like most other non-smoking rooms in hotels. The area is beautiful! Very good for a cheap sleep and shower during a long road trip. The WiFi was not working at all, though, when we were there. You have to pay for it and we were willing but it wasn't working for some reason that night. They were renovating but they didn't make it hazardous like some other places. Shower only, no tub which was fine with us. Shower stall and no tub made the bathroom bigger.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Eveelynn
az
Reviewed December 30, 2009

for a one night stay with the fam. it saved me some money beds were clean ,bath room was clean no noise, i will stay again. Not bad

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed December 30, 2009

After arriving at the Grand Canyon at 4PM, we had 2 choices, go back to Las Vegas to our hotel (Luxor) or search for a nearby hotel to spend the night.
Motel 6 (West Woodland Village) in Flagstaff was the best choice we could had made, excellent price for the rooms, online web reservation, fast and straightforward check-in, convenient location next to an IHOP, gas station, next to I-40 and just 1 hour drive from the Grand Canyon.
But most of all, the receptionist, had turned on the heat on our rooms, so when we got there, they were really warm and confy (the outside temperature was 5F, when we got to Flagstaff).
Highly recommended property, I may say with no doubt, that it was much better (clean bathroom, plenty of hot water) than Luxor in Las Vegas.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family