This was the only hotel that I and my son stayed at during a 2 week vacation that had no redeeming qualities. The less expensive cost of lodging was NOT worth the price. This is a three story motel with outside sidewalks instead of interior hallways.
How did I hate thee, let me count the ways:
1. Confused and rude staff. Who says multi-tasking is a good thing? During check-in they had problems locating my reservation, then after 20 minutes of waiting the clerk wanted me to come back in 2 hours because my room wasn't clean (it was 5:30 pm). I felt like I had to walk on eggshells as the desk clerks appeared on the verge of suffering a China Syndrome.
2. Cigarette butts piled in the walkways along with that wonderful lingering "ashtray" odor. This is a non-smoking property, so gaggles of smokers stand outside of their rooms to smoke and just throw their butts on the sidewalk. And, yes, you will walk through clouds of tobacco smoke as you pass these human chimneys.
3. Extremely cramped rooms. My bed was pushed up against one wall, my son's against the other, with an 18" aisle between the two.
4. Marginal air-conditioning. It's Arizona, folks, need I say more?
5. Awful bedding. The bed spread was filthy looking (I wondered what C.S.I. might find with their special lights). The sheets were rough, and they did not fit the bed. Thank goodness that I bring my own pillow when I travel.
6. Mold in the bathroom.
7. Constant thumping noises as people use the balcony-style sidewalks. The reverberation from people walking is just a fact of life with that style of construction.
8. Rowdy and noisy behavior from other guests which the staff would not address when a complaint was made. You know the type of behavior I'm talking about here.... a buncha folks from connecting rooms standing outside passing beers around and getting progressively louder as the empties begin piling up. Multiple calls to the motel desk brought bored acknowledgements and no action. I finally had to call the Flagstaff police dept, which quieted things down at around 1:15am.
9. When checking out the next morning and asked how my stay was, I politely let the desk person know. I was told in a sarcastic tone, "What can you expect from a bargain motel?" I replied that considering the issues, that this motel property was certainly no bargain. I didn't hear the snotty reply that was made as I was busy exiting the office at that point.
Well, I feel like I can now wash my hands of that experience. But hey....what's not to like?
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Motel-6, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon, Priceline, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Motel 6 Flagstaff West-Woodland Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Motel 6 Flagstaff West-Woodland Village Hotel Flagstaff
- Motel Six Flagstaff
- Flagstaff Motel Six
- Flagstaff Motel 6