“Not your usual Motel 6!”

Motel 6 Flagstaff West-Woodland Village
Ranked #55 of 66 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Wow! What a nice surprise! We are somewhat picky, but retired & on a fixed income so we always do a lot of research to get the best deal for decent lodging. After seeing all the positive reviews for this facility, we decided to give it a try - and we are so glad we did! Our room was spacious & very clean. Even the bedspread wasn't the typical Motel 6/budget-type spread, but a pretty, though simple, southwestern design in keeping with the area. The facility was also located in a nice part of town. Bonnie, the desk clerk, was extremely friendly, outgoing, and helpful and had the sweetest countenance. We wouldn't even hesitate to stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jane T

Reviewed October 10, 2013

For being a Motel 6, we had a very clean updated room and enjoyed our one night stay before visiting the Grand Canyon. A big plus...it is next to the freeway easy on and off access without the road noise at night.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Emilie134
Reviewed September 29, 2013

This was good if all you need is a place to sleep. The bed was typical of Motel 6....a bit on the hard side. The room was clean and we'll maintained. The motel was located in a better area of Flagstaff...which is why I chose this location.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank don w
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Looking for a bare essential, but clean & modern hotel this is it. The location is great & the customer service was good as well. It's a dog friendly hotel so we will definitely be staying there again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank J G
Reviewed August 23, 2013

This was a great experience. We had made a room request online when we made the reservation, and it was honored. The check in was great, with friendly staff. The room was very clean and well kept. This hotel was in a great neighborhood where I took my dog for a walk. I felt very safe. There is a grocery store right across the street, where I picked up breakfast for my husband and I. Check out was very easy. I will DEFINATELY stay there again.

Room Tip: No fittness center or restaruant. As to the rooms, I would say all are good. We liked our 3rd floor...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank LisaandWayne828
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We have stayed here many times before, but this time was the Best!

Maybe it was the weather...mid-70's with light showers! We have been here for Deep snow, heavy fog, thunders storms and HOT weather! The ice machines were up and running unlike our last time here. Pool was deserted due to the weather. Seemed less crowded then last summer.

Our usual rooms were occupied by long term guest, so the front desk got us a satisfactory first floor room on the front side of the building...which is the quiet side. Room was clean and comfortable as was the AC. No clock, coffee maker or shampoo but were knew that coming in. Close to several dining options. Discovered Teppan Fuji up the street and were very pleased! Will return!

A great value considering it was the summer season!

Room Tip: Rooms in the front or north side of the building are quiet. Rooms in Back are close to the freeway!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank William P
Reviewed August 6, 2013

The service @ the front desk saved this stay. I'd reserved my room in advance--top level away from elevators, ice machines, and a MUST a smoke free room. This room was a dorm style experience, bare, NO amenities not even I clock. Not an issue as it was clean but the air control was a major issue. The room smelled musty designated smoke free. However, the only way to filter air through the room was to turn on the AC--the smoke still filtered into the room. Smoking is isolated to certain rooms but that does not stop customers from smoking on the balconies having smoke flow through the rooms. Dogs are permitted, one man exited his room with four on leashes. The staff best I've encountered in my years of writing for Trip Advisor. The front manager, Cleveland, knows all about Customer Satisfaction. While waiting in line he addressed every request, answering sold out with integrity, kindness and authenticity (add a smile too). He went over and above for each and every person who entered and afforded me a cup of hot water for tea. The woman in the am was equally friendly, helpful and knew her job as well. I

Room Tip: Unsure any tip would suffice it depends on each person's requests.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business