“Good enough for the price.”

Motel 6 Flagstaff West-Woodland Village
Ranked #43 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Good enough for the price.”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Sometimes you just want an inexpensive hotel with clean sheets. This is one of those hotels. Don't expect luxury.

We didn't spend much time in our room.

I accidentally clicked "fitness center." There is none. There is a pool that they were manually adding chemicals (not a good sign).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kerry_in_STL

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We stay at Motel 6 a lot, we found this one very nice, clean rooms, very nice staff ... nearby very much places to eat, very close to the interstate, price was right for this stay, this is how a motel shoud be, great service for a good price ... we loved it !! :)

Room Tip: If you are in Flagstaff, stay here !!! :)
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DiabloDesigns v
Wakefield, Rhode Island
Reviewed July 7, 2013

It's a Motel 6. A step up from crashing at your uncle's trailer but a far cry from what you'd get for $120 a night. I got hammered at Buffalo Wild Wings across the street, crashed in my room, and spent the next day hiking the Grand Canyon. It was fine. There was a bed, a hot shower, and a door that locked, heehaw.

Room Tip: A asked for non smoking and my room was definitely smoke free.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Arizona
Reviewed June 27, 2013

When I first walked into my room, I was pleasantly surprised. It was freshly decorated and clean. As another reviewer mentioned, the linoleum floors make it really easy to see that the floors are clean.

That night was a different story. I wished they had carpet, as I could hear footsteps from the room above me each of the 5 times its occupant went to the bathroom. I could hear every sound outside, right down to someone fluffing a plastic bag to line a garbage can the next morning. The beds were barely tolerable, not as bad as someone had told me but certainly not good.

The bathroom was clean enough, but what is the deal with the showers? They are ridiculously small, even though there is room in the bathroom for more shower space. I'm not tall with long arms by any stretch, and even I kept knocking my elbows around the cramped space as I struggled to shave. Ridiculous.

If low cost and pet-friendly are your two biggest priorities, this will work. If you also need a good night's sleep, I'd suggest going somewhere else.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sonia530

Travelers are raving about these Flagstaff hotels

Northridge, Ca
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Your typical motel six pet friendly clean enough small shower. The beds at this one were so hard it was almost impossible to sleep but otherwise it was fine I like the fact that i have no hassle bringing my dog and it was clean and quiet but really hard to sleep

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Darin_and_Christi
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I stayed here in April 2012 & April 2013. I was very happy last year; not so much this year. It is one of the Motel 6 that was remodeled with laminate floors & mid-century decor. It is a very good price & conveniently located. However, the rooms were not very clean this year. Our group had two rooms & one of the rooms had a very dirty, stained looking bed cover. My room had a dirty looking floor. The room I was in also had a terrible dripping noise that seemed to come from the ceiling where the sprinkler system was. After driving for hours I tried to nap before dinner but to no avail. I called the office and they did give us a new room, but from my conversation I sensed they knew about the problem and gave us the room anyway, even though we were early and there were plenty of rooms. The beds are a little hard. Both rooms had problems with the TV and connections to electronics (both my rooms did!). One room had a missing remote as well. This motel is three stories & there is an elevator, which is nice. I suspect it was newly remodeled last year & why it was so nice. I'm dissapointed the place was not maintained better as I would like to stay here again, but I may have to find a new place to stay when I visit Flag. FYI: When you pay for internet, it includes only one devise. So if you have more than one devise with you or in your party, decide beforehand which to use because once you connect to the internet, that is it; no more devices can log on.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank lfaz4
Canada
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Decent hotel at an affordable price...Typical Motel 6 ...no frills but clean and comfortable....one can't complain for the price and this one is well worth the money. We used this as a stopping off point to visit the Grand Canyon and the hotel had a number of foreign guests that appeared happy with their surroundings as were we.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple