“Pleasantly surprised”

Motel 6 Flagstaff West-Woodland Village
Ranked #47 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Decent hotel at an affordable price...Typical Motel 6 ...no frills but clean and comfortable....one can't complain for the price and this one is well worth the money. We used this as a stopping off point to visit the Grand Canyon and the hotel had a number of foreign guests that appeared happy with their surroundings as were we.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michael M
There are newer reviews for Motel 6 Flagstaff West-Woodland Village

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Ended up staying here with my husband after we took a late night drive from Phoenix to Flagstaff. What a surprise, this hotel is nice very nice. The room decor is very modern and fun with bright orange accent wall and orange accents on the bed to tie everything together, hardwood looking floor and neat cubby for towels. I really enjoyed my night here and next time Im in Flagstaff I will return here. The bed was comfy and location awesome :)

Room Tip: Dont pass this up as another Motel 6
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nicole J
Reviewed May 8, 2013

This is a basic place, but the rooms are clean and neat, the beds comfortable. Other rooms might be noisy, but this one round the back was fine. The lad on the front desk was very friendly, helpful and polite.
To our shame, being English we completely forgot about tipping and neglected to leave anything.

Room Tip: maybe ask for the ones furthest from the road
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lambeth_Walker
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Needed a place to spend the night and we had a dog and they did not charge extra. After checking in, we realized that this place is also an extended stay. There were several homeless looking men hanging around. One was outside his room shirtless ranting about something and another was BBQing in front of his room. Room was just ok. Bath towel was not much bigger than a hand towel and thin and hard. Could have been cleaned better. Great location though. Walking distance to stores and restaurants.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Rose702
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We had a heck of a time trying to find this aging Motel 6.It was a remodeled one, but looked like it had had some wear. Everything was very clean and the walls and floors were in good shape. (Except for two burns in the flooring near the bed. If they were cigarette burns, which are oddly common in non-smoking rooms, the room did not smell like smoke.) The bedspreads, which seemed newly washed, had stains on them, as did the drapes. The towels were middlin' and the bath mat was grey. Small amount of mold in the shower. Inside where you couldn't see it from the outside, which is where the housekeeper probably stood. A little thing, but motel rooms would benefit if the person cleaning them would stand where the guest does. Inside the shower, look up at the fan vent. At the sink look at the sink in the mirror; often there is scum or mold under the lip that can't be seen from just looking at it, but can be seen in the mirror reflection. Enough griping.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Nancy D
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I'm definitely a Motel 6 kind of hotel patron...I'll never pay big money for one night of rest. But that doesn't mean I don't deserve a decent place to stay with good conditions.
I give this particular Motel 6 a TWO rating NOT because of it's condition, it's a VERY nice Motel 6 with clean conditions and a GREAT set up for gimpy people like me.
The TWO rating is because this is THE noisiest and worst location one could ever put a Motel 6. It's located almost UNDER I-40 going through Flagstaff, AZ and the traffic is non-stop 24/7 of very loud trucks, tractor trailers and cars.
The motel walls themselves cause a lot of this TWO rating, they are paper thin and you have THREE stories of the motel to listen to people as they come and go, from daylight hours til about 2:00 AM! And this was on a Wednesday!
So in a pinch, it's a pretty clean Motel 6 but if not for my ear plugs, I would not have been able to sleep ONE wink. The other reviews on the bedspread being stained are also correct, come on Motel 6...spring for some non-staining bedspreads or do away with them all together!
For me, I'll drive the extra hour next time and stay in the Motel 6 in HOLBROOK, AZ...it's WAY off the highway and gets a 5 star from me every time. It's clean, quiet and only two stories high, not packed in like sardines.

Room Tip: Stay as far away from the highway as possible and get the top story if you can climb stairs.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank NewMexicoCruiser
Reviewed March 8, 2013

My wife and I checked in here during a snowstorm. The room rate was OK: about $45.00.
The room was mediocre and the bedspread on one bed was noticeably dirty.

The thing that really annoyed me was they charged $2.99 for internet. This is charged per device. I paid the $2.99 (normally free with most other hotels). When I said I had an ipad as well they wanted another $2.99. To top it off their room keys weren't working so I couldn't get a room key...whenever you wanted to be let in you had to fetch someone from the front desk. For this aggravation they still couldn't spring for the $2.99 for another wifi code.

Bad service in my opinion and will taint me forever staying in another Motel 6.

You failed guys, big time.

Room Tip: Try one of the other hotels on this row: Days Inn, Ramada, etc.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple