“Not Bad!”

Motel 6 Flagstaff West-Woodland Village
Ranked #51 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Remember, this is Motel 6, not I top rated hotel. We stayed 2 nights between Christmas and New Years with our English Bulldog, which is a nice perk. The room was adequate for our needs. We did not spend much time in the room anyway. We were just 10 minutes away from the nice downtown area. We would rather spend our money on good food and drink than a room we only sleep and shower in. The staff was friendly and the place was packed! Must be hard to keep it clean with all the snow and I many guests, but we had no complaints. Great price and our dog was welcome!

Room Tip: The only downside was being on the second floor with heavy luggage, but we arrived late. If you are...
2  Thank Weedbike

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We have stayed at this motel for several years. Great location. Convenient to the freeway, restaurants and groceries. Rooms are much improved since remodeling. Best during off season. Very Busy during the summer. As a result the ice machine is over used and then rationed. Always stay here on our second night driving home from Indianapolis to San Diego. Opted for a longer second day drive after a bad experience at the Motel 6 in Winslow, AZ several years ago!

Room Tip: We prefer the first floor on the north side.
1  Thank William P
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We were booked to stay on Dec. 28/12. We checked in and went to our room. As soon as we opened the door I knew we were checking out immediately! The bed spreads had stains on them, the floor was dirty, the bathroom had hair in the shower and in the sink, and the door did not shut properly. We went back to the front desk and checked out. I will never, ever, stay there. This Motel 6 has given the others a very bad name!!

2  Thank CanuckJudy
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We were told by the front dest fellow that this Motel 6 was higher in price since they had just remodeled. Well since it was New Years Eve and 10:00pm took what we could get, 4 rooms. Beds were great, new showers were different to say the least but were ok, towels were small I had to use two to get all the way dried off. No shampoo here, you have to use the soap. In the same circumstance I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank WanderingFarmer
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I selected woodland village because it was recently renovated.
Well, yes they got the new blankets (maybe?) – and new floors.
But I am not sure what any good does, when they don’t CLEAN the room.
The new “clean” towels – had hairs all over them. And were EXTREMELY scratchy.
The sheets also had black hairs all over them, no one in my party has black hair.
The floors were dirty, there was piles of dirt behind the door, under the desk area, ever corner of the room.
I heard the people up stairs EVERY move.
My room was connected to the stairs – so any one that went up and down the stairs, ALL night long.
Beds are ROCK hard, and you can hear the person in the next bed over, moving.
I think I got all of 30 minutes sleep, all night. This was over a 11 hr period that I tried to sleep.
I called to the front desk at 2am to try to get another room, but it was 2 degrees outside, and the only other rooms were on the second or third floor.

Room Tip: Stay FAR away from stairs. Make sure to get third floor. Bring broom. Bring own sheets.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Midnite L
Reviewed November 15, 2012

This Motel has the most helpful staff imaginable. We were given maps of the area and a list of attractions as well as advice on the area. Though not a luxury motel, it is clean, comfortable, and conveniently located. A Wal-mart is directly across the street. There is a laundry for guest use. Other properties in the area had rates twice as high.

A hairdryer and coffee maker would make nice additions, but coffee is available in the lobby. We would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank vcv
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here on my trip across the states because nothing else had rooms. Surprisingly it was clean and comfortable. Definitely a motel six quality but it is one i would recommend if needed to stay there during sold out times.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo