“Local review of a tourist restaurant”

The Northern Pines Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 345 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Cuisines: Italian, Mexican, American
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The Northern Pines a locally owned and operated, one-of-a-kind restaurant, located conveniently off of interstate 40. We provide a fine dining experience complimented by our expansive menu options. We also offer a full-service bar with a wide selection of wine, beer, and cocktails. Follow our Facebook page for more information on our weekly specials and other promotional offers!
Arizona
“Local review of a tourist restaurant”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Flagstaff is lucky to have several excellent breakfast restaurants and we frequent them all. We tried Northern Pines and we very impressed. Excellent service, different dishes but not too different. This place is definitely is now in our rotation. Easy access on and off the freeway is a great plus for travelers.

• Visited December 2013
Anna P, Public Relations Manager at The Northern Pines Restaurant, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear customer,

Thank you for taking the time to complete this TripAdvisor review. We appreciate your feedback.

We're very excited to hear about your positive experience with us! It's always great to hear back from return-customers, but to know that we've proven ourselves worthy of becoming a solidified member of your "rotation" has truly made our day!

We look forward to seeing you again in the future! If there's anything at all that I can do for you, please don't hesitate to contact me personally, as I'd love to help.

Boise, Idaho
“Super good food and everything else”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

I am raving about this restaurant as i liked almost everything about them. We were there for thanksgiving and the entire meal was superbly cooked and presented. Starting from the turkey to the soup to the salad everything was fabulous and in grand portions. I finally couldn't finish my pumpkin pie and had to carry it home. What's good about the restaurant is also the way they present their food (even though it was nearly closing time) and how they keep enquiring if it was done perfectly. The service was also excellent.
The only downside was the pork chops which I found to be a slightly undercooked.

Dear customer,

We truly appreciate this positive TripAdvisor review! Thanks for the great feedback.

It's always exciting to hear back from a satisfied customer, but we've been especially anticipating a review or two regarding our Thanksgiving dinner this year. We're so pleased to hear that you enjoyed yourself, and considered the dinner to be high-quality!

We sure hope you'll give our regular menu a try. If you're local, go ahead and "like" us on Facebook for regular updates regarding weekly specials and other promotional offers! Until we meet again, if there's anything else I can help with, please don't hesitate to ask.

Flagstaff, Arizona
“Great meal!”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

We decided to eat out this year for Thanksgiving, and settled on Northern Pines... close to home, and the other meal we had there was good. Thanksgiving special was fabulous, from soup on down! We got right in (made reservations to be sure), service was excellent, and the food was delicious and plentiful! We both came home with leftovers and full tummies!

Dear customer,

We appreciate this TripAdvisor review! Thank you for the feedback.

We're very happy to hear that you enjoyed your Thanksgiving dinner with us! It's our hope that we'll see you again in the future, for one of our regular menu-items. If you're interested, go ahead and "like" us on Facebook -- that way, you'll receive regular updates regarding weekly specials and other promotional offers!

If there's anything else I can do for you, please don't hesitate to ask! I'd love to help.

Flagstaff, Arizona
“Great food and great service! No joke!”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

It's rare that you find such a competent combination of really good food, great service and atmosphere in a small mountain town restaurant. The breakfasts are really good and not too expensive. For around 5 bucks you get a high quality meal and that is consistent every time. The lunch and dinner menus are just as good and all are served with a smile and friendly conversation. Don't go the status quo route and settle for a run of the mill restaurant. The management here strives to give you a good experience and the owner, Steve, and his right hand woman Sheena are excellent people. Very nice bar area as well.

Chris from Flagstaff

Dear customer,

Thank you for providing us with this great TripAdvisor review! We sure appreciate the feedback.

We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your meal with us -- particularly the "really good food, great service, and atmosphere." I'll be sure to relay your compliments to Steve and Sheena, if they haven't read this review already! They will love to hear you left happy and satisfied.

If you're interested, go ahead and "like" us on Facebook for regularly updates on weekly specials and other promotional offers! If there's anything else I can help you with, please don't hesitate to contact me directly, as I'd love to help!

Los Angeles
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“No Joke - Top 5 Breakfast joints, ever”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I normally don't write reviews but this site pointed me to The Northern Pines and now I can't stop thinking about. I was driving through flagstaff from Los Angeles and my wife asked me if I ever heard of a Country Fried Steak burrito.... Of course I said 'no but I'm going to in about a half hour'. We stopped in and everything about this restaurant was 5 star. Very affordable for the huge portions and holy [--]....best breakfast burrito I've ever had. She had a some crazy french toast cinnamon roll that was amazing as well. Service was excellent. Food was even better. Highly recommend this place. I will be back.

• Visited October 2013
Dear customer,

We truly appreciate this TripAdvisor review! Thanks for the wonderful feedback.

We're very happy to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your breakfast with us. You coincidentally ordered two of our most popular breakfast menu-items!

We sure hope to see you again in the future sometime, should you be passing through Flagstaff again -- but in the meantime, if there's anything else I can help you with, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.