“Lots of bang for your buck.”

The Northern Pines Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 364 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Northern Pines a locally owned and operated, one-of-a-kind restaurant, located conveniently off of interstate 40. We provide a casual dining experience complimented by our expansive menu options. We also offer a full-service bar with a wide selection of wine, beer, and cocktails. Follow our Facebook page for more information on our weekly specials and other promotional offers!
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

My family ate breakfast here and had 2 eggs, 2 slices of bacon, hash browns and toast for 4.99. Great tasting food and lots of it for a low price. Other stuff was a bit over priced. Ask for the special. Waitstaff was very nice and attentive.

Anna P, Public Relations Manager at The Northern Pines Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear customer,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to complete this TripAdvisor review! Thank you so much for your valuable feedback.

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your meal with us! If you're looking for a bargain, our weekly specials are certainly the way to find one: If you're interested, please visit our Facebook page for weekly updates on our specials and other promotional offers!

Here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/ThePonderosaRestaurant?fref=ts

If there is anything else that I can help you with, please feel free to contact me directly!

Reviewed June 7, 2013

The team of waiters and waitresses for breakfast were absolutely fantastic. We happened to come into the restaurant when the staff was completing breakfast service to a tour group. The attitude of the staff was superb and they managed to balance the needs of the entire group. Would definitely recommend.

Anna P, Public Relations Manager at The Northern Pines Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Dear customer,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write this review -- we appreciate it!

We are so happy to hear about your positive experience with us! I'll be sure to pass on your compliments to our staff, who will all be very excited to hear about this wonderful review. It's always such a pleasure to hear back from satisfied customers! We really hope to see you again in the future!

If there is anything else I can help you with, please do not hesitate to contact me personally. I would love to hear from you.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Stayed in Flagstaff for a couple of nights and found this place close to our hotel. We decided to sit in the bar area and watch some of the basketball that was on and straight away the service was attentive and polite. My friends and I all decided to have a steak and it was cooked to perfection. Such good value for well cooked food! The coleslaw and fries were very tasty..!
After a long day travelling around, we even decided to come back (Which is rare for us to eat in the same place twice) and found that the service and food was just as good the second time around. Good selection of beers and nice variety on the menu. Also the prices were very good...check out this place if you can :)

Anna P, Public Relations Manager at The Northern Pines Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear customer,

Thank you for taking the time away from your schedule to complete this TripAdvisor review! We are so appreciative of your feedback.

It's wonderful to hear about your positive experience with our restaurant! We are so happy to know that you found us satisfying enough to return for a second meal. Our steaks are, indeed, one of our most popular menu items; we are happy you, as well as your friends, enjoyed them!

It's our hope that on your next trip through Flagstaff, you will consider another meal with us! Until then, please do not hesitate to contact me personally with any questions you may have. I would love to help in any way possible!

Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Don't let the outside of the location fool you! It's a great restaurant with even better food for a good price. Steak and the salmon were delicious! We would definitely come back on our next road trip!

Anna P, Public Relations Manager at The Northern Pines Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear customer,

We greatly appreciate you providing us with this TripAdvisor review! Thank you for such valuable, positive feedback.

We're so happy to hear you enjoyed your meal with us! Our steak and salmon menu items are quite popular, and we are so excited to know that you found them exceptional enough to write a review about. Again, we appreciate it!

We certainly hope to see you again in the future, should you ever be traveling through Flagstaff again. Until then, if there's anything else that I can help you with, please do not hesitate to contact me, personally. I would love to help!

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Don't judge a book by its cover - but we understand it's changing that cover.

Inside you'll find one of the most delicious breakfasts in Northern Arizona!! My husband had basic eggs and bacon with a side of biscuits and gravy. I don't think he spoke throughout the meal. My son had the Eggs and Trout Benedict. He took one bite, rolled his eyes and said that it was done perfectly! I had "The Country Mixer" and almost made myself sick eating too much -- I could not stop it was sososososo tasty! It's hard to find breakfast restaurants that aren't afraid to season. Not so here! Everything was seasoned and cooked to perfection! The country gravy had just enough sausage and pepper and rich creaminess. The country potatoes were crisp on the outside and moist on the inside.

Service was also impeccable with friendly waitresses who made sure that everything was just right. How could it not be---I could have died happy in that booth!!

Dear customer,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your schedule to complete this TripAdvisor review. We greatly value your feedback!

We're so happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your breakfast with us! The Mixers we offer are, indeed, very popular menu items (my personal favorite is the Sunshine version), and we're excited to hear you enjoyed yours!

I will also pass on your compliments to our staff -- our servers, particularly. I am certain that they will appreciate your positive feedback. I speak on behalf of all of us involved with the Northern Pines restaurant when I say, I really hope to see you again in the future!

If there is anything else that I can help you with, please don't hesitate to contact me personally. I would love to help in any way that I can!