“pretty good stay”

The Northern Pines Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 351 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Northern Pines a locally owned and operated, one-of-a-kind restaurant, located conveniently off of interstate 40. We provide a casual dining experience complimented by our expansive menu options. We also offer a full-service bar with a wide selection of wine, beer, and cocktails. Follow our Facebook page for more information on our weekly specials and other promotional offers!
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Anna P, Public Relations Manager at The Northern Pines Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Plenty of sandwiches and salads on the menu to order from.Looks like the place was recently updated.Clean and pleasant.Booths and tables. Medium to slightly above average price,but the food was quick and tasty.Waitress was pleasant and efficient. Family friendly atmosphere,even with the bar area.

1  Thank Azsmittys
Anna P, Public Relations Manager at The Northern Pines Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Dear customer,

We truly appreciate you taking the time to complete this TripAdvisor review! Thank you for your positive feedback.

We're very happy to hear that you had a positive experience with us! We're excited to learn that you enjoyed the restaurant -- the service, environment, and food alike.

If there's anything else we can do to ensure total customer satisfaction, please don't hesitate to contact me directly -- we're always excited about receiving additional feedback from our customers, and would love to hear from you!

Anna.Pate@dayshotelflagstaff.com

Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here on our way to the Grand Canyon. I ordered the berry crepe which sounded quite good. It was the worst I have ever had. My mother in law ordered the same thing and she called it cold and rubbery. She was being nice. When the waitress came around to ask how everything was we said we did not expect t to be cold. All she did was say others have said the same and thy should indicate it was a cold crepe on the menu.

Anna P, Public Relations Manager at The Northern Pines Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Dear customer,

We appreciate you taking the time to complete this TripAdvisor review. Thanks for your feedback.

We sincerely apologize for your dissatisfaction with our crepes. I've checked with the chef, and this dish is, indeed, intentionally served cold. We take responsibility for not making that more clear, and plan to revise our menu to prevent any further miscommunications with our customers.

Receiving a one-out-of-five star rating is something we are truly upset over. Again, we offer our sincerest apologies to you and your mother, and intend to rectify these issues promptly.

If there's anything else that I can do for you, please don't hesitate to contact me directly. I would love to hear more from you, and address this issue personally.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

We went to eat at The Northern Pines restaurant on 12/27/2012 thanks to recommendations on TripAdvisor.

This place looks like a dive from the outside, but, on the inside, you find cozy decor and a lovely fire. Sheena, our waitress, was a rockstar. When I asked about their soup selection, she recommended the bacon vegetable soup with the sandwich and salad. I got a generous salad with a 1/2 pressed turkey and avocado sandwich on cheesy bread with a flavorful crock of soup. The bacon and vegetable soup with loaded with vegetables ranging from the typical to zucchini, carrots, and celery with chunks of smoky bacon that added a very hearty, smooth, and robust flavor to the hot soup. Excellent!

I would say that my husband enjoyed his meal too, but that statement was amended at about 3am. I awoke to find him springing from the bed to hurl in the bathroom at about 3am. He got such a bad case of food poisoning that he was spewing zucchini from his nose. He hadn't vomited in over 20 years.

So I guess you'll love the food as long as you avoid the chicken? I really do recommend the bacon vegetable soup.

1  Thank Kristy M
Anna P, Public Relations Manager at The Northern Pines Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear customer,

We appreciate you taking the time out of your schedule to complete this TripAdvisor review. Thanks for your valuable feedback.

However, we must extend our sincerest apologizes for the issues your husband experienced. It was a collective decision among all of us at Northern Pines to temporarily postpone our reply to your review. We wanted to ensure that we provided plenty of time between your review and our reply, just in case there were more food poisoning cases brought forth. Luckily, we haven't received word of any additional cases.

Again, we do apologize extensively for the issues you experienced, and if there's anything at all that we can do to further assist you, please don't hesitate to contact me personally.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

This restaurant was next door to our motel and we were tired after driving all day so we took a chance. It was good. I was impressed with the chef when he sent the waitress back to ask me if I would rather have the rye bread grilled instead of toasted. (so much better that way!) Breakfast was great too. the turkey sausage is delicious, and the French toast to die for!!

Jose A, Public Relations Manager at The Northern Pines Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Dear customer,

We're so appreciative of this positive review. Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to give us this valuable feedback!

We're very happy to hear about your positive experience with us! The French Toast is one of our most popular items on our breakfast menu, and we're glad to hear you enjoyed it.

We hope to see you again in the future, should you ever pass through Flagstaff again. Until then, if there's anything else that we can help you with, please feel free to contact me directly.