“Nice Treat!!!!”

The Northern Pines Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 347 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Northern Pines a locally owned and operated, one-of-a-kind restaurant, located conveniently off of interstate 40. We provide a casual dining experience complimented by our expansive menu options. We also offer a full-service bar with a wide selection of wine, beer, and cocktails. Follow our Facebook page for more information on our weekly specials and other promotional offers!
Phoenix, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice Treat!!!!”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

What a menu at this place! My family and I were staying at the Days Hotel and we were told by the front desk to try the food, so we did. The day we checked in we ate dinner and WOW!!!! I had the Mushroom Sage Chicken with a loaded baked potato and a house salad, the chicken was so moisted and the potato was wonderful. The kids were able to pick a few different appitizers since we came in before the happy hour was over and the appitizers were half off!!! They really enjoyed the southwest egg rolls, the boneless wings, and the cheese curds! What a treat this place was, the staff was so great! If your new to the area or a travler you need to try this place, it was great!!!!!!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Sara L
Jose A, Public Relations Manager at The Northern Pines Restaurant, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear customer,

We really appreciate you taking the time to complete this TripAdvisor review. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, and we're excited to hear of your positive experience.

We're glad to know that you enjoyed the Mushroom Sage Chicken, loaded baked potatoes, house salads, and various half-off appetizers! It's always a pleasure to receive full ratings for not only our food and service, but also our atmosphere and value!

Again, we appreciate it, and we certainly hope to see you again in the future, should you ever be passing through Flagstaff again!

If there's any way that I can be of further assistance to you, please don't hesitate to ask.

SEDONA
“Definitely A Mixed Review”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I chose this restaurant on the strength of its ranking among Flagstaff restaurants. After my experience I read a number of reviews. Most were for breakfast.

My spouse and I went for dinner. She had a decent experience - Tilapia. Mine was a disaster - Fried Chicken. Perhaps the key is to order something that must be cooked after you place the order. My chicken had obviously been prepared earlier and probably kept in a warmer. The quality of the chicken was poor and the meat was dry as a bone!

Now for the Good Stuff! We both had baked potato (and before the meal, salad). Those items were excellent. Our server was quite helpful, and attentive. The menu prices did not seem too bad but our final bill (with tip) was $50. In all fairness, I had a beer and we shared a great cobbler for desert. I believe the desert was a little overpriced however (not on the menu).

Lest you hesitate to visit this establishment, I think it is worth a try. I would lean toward breakfast and make sure that food preparation happens after you order. I will probably try it again.

Dear customer,

Thanks for taking the time to complete this TripAdvisor review, providing us with your valuable feedback. We truly appreciate it.

We're glad to hear that you enjoyed the Tilapia, baked potatoes, and salads. However, regarding your negative experience with our fried chicken: We truly apologize! We're working very hard to continually improve our property and ensure complete customer satisfaction.

However, we're really glad to hear you're willing to give us a second try. If there's anything we can do to improve your next visit, please don't hesitate to contact me personally and let me know. We certainly hope your second experience with us is a more positive one!

Redondo Beach, California
“Great find!”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Staying in Flagstaff for one night on the way to Albuquerque. Decided to try Northern Pines because of the reviews and also because they offer veggie burgers so we thought we might be able to find a good meal (my husband and I are vegans). Not only did they offer a veggie burger, they had a dinner entree which included veggie burger with grilled veggies over rice and a vegan burger! We've eaten veggie burgers all over the country and we both agree that this is the best veggie burger and vegan burger we have ever had. The service was friendly and efficient, the waiter was helpful and accommodating. The beer selection was great -- much better than most restaurants of this type. The decor is very nice, the bar looked inviting, and the place was extremely well maintained. What more can you ask for?

1 Thank Lynne S
Dear customer,

We're so glad to hear that you and your husband enjoyed our Veggie Burgers, and our other vegetarian options! It's always exciting to hear from a customer that's satisfied with not only the quality of our food, but also our service, atmosphere, and value.

We hope to see you again in the future, should you ever be passing through Flagstaff again. If there's any way that I can be of further assistance to you, please don't hesitate to ask me personally. I would love to hear from you!

San Antonio, Texas
“Oh my!”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Food, service and appearance were ok, but when I looked up and saw the very interesting ceiling fans above our table, I wished we could leave. There were two vertical fans on a rotating arm. Never saw that! They were filthy with dust and they were rotating above our food and us! UGH!

Dear customer,

We really appreciate you taking the time to complete this TripAdvisor review. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, and we'll utilize it in our continuous effort to make improvements.

We sincerely apologize for the ceiling fans. Again, we are working really hard to continue to make improvements, and ultimately ensure complete customer satisfaction. If there's anything that I can do to help remedy your negative experience, and enhance your next visit, please don't hesitate to ask -- I'd love to help in any way possible!

Flagstaff, Arizona
“Very good”
Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

Came here for the first time recently. Florentine Benedict was really good as was the coffee and the service. I will be coming back to northern pines.

1 Thank DRayhorn
Dear customer,

We're happy to know that you enjoyed the service, coffee, and Florentine Benedict enough to consider another meal with us! If there's any way in which I can further assist you, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

We hope to see you again in the future! Thanks again for the positive review.