“wonderful”

Ranked #34 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Queen creek az
“wonderful”
Reviewed June 1, 2009

Rooms very clean! Very well managed> Maps proved .Any time I had any troulbe was help right a way. Clean towels proved every day even thy I stayed weekly. I have stayed in mine hotel&moets ,but this super 8 IS SUPER!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
NZ
Reviewed February 8, 2009

We spent 2 nights at this hotel in Flagstaff, using it as a base to visit the Grand Canyon. The rooms were old and everything was well worn, though clean. Breakfast was useless. The area was filthy, tiny, and the food served (bread and the occassional box of donut/pastries) hard, dry and stale. OK for a place to crash and sleep, but nothing more. On checkout the front desk woman was very rude and unhelpful (someone later apologized for this with a short note written on the receipt we received in the mail).

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Travelers are raving about these Flagstaff hotels

Southsea, UK
Reviewed May 27, 2008

We stayed in Flagstaff overnight, the motel was clean and suitable for a stopover - it had a pool and was close to the observatory and town as well as a wide choice of restaurants.

• Liked — cheap
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Iowa
Reviewed May 21, 2008

I stayed at this property did not experience any of the problems these other guests apparently had. The staff was great during our stay. The best part was the indoor pool! I stay at Super 8 all the time and never have problems!

• Liked — Indoor pool!
  • Disliked — No complaints!
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
USA
Reviewed January 15, 2008

I am a single parent traveling with my young son from Colorado. We were on our way to Tucson, AZ. and stopped for the night in Flagstaff, AZ. We have stayed at other Super 8's before and found them to be very clean and pleasant.

It was dark and late when we arrived, so we went right to bed. My young son woke in the night complaining of bites. I turned on the light and pulled the covers back on his bed and found small brown bugs between the sheets. I was horrified....It also seemed hot in our room, so I called the front desk. I was told the air conditioning was broken and to open the sliding glass door in our room. The front desk ignored my comment about bugs in the bed.......

I felt unsafe with the sliding glass door open and bugs in our bed. The air conditioning vent on the wall in our room had dirt, mold and grime all around it. I wanted to leave in the middle of the night, so I called the front desk again and was told there were no other rooms available. I called around Flagstaff for another motel room, but nothing was available. I thought of sleeping in our car, but with a young child I felt there was nothing I could do but get through the night in this terrible, hot room.

As soon as the morning light came with a restless night, I got up to shower and was again horrified at the mold on the ceiling in the bathroom and dirty tub. The more I looked around the room with daylight, the more disqusted I felt. Stains on the rug in our room and upon leaving the facility, dirt and grime in the ice machine in the hall........I just wanted to leave as fast as I could..........

I filed a compaint with my credit card, Super 8 Corporate Offices and the front desk at the Super 8 West in Flagstaff. To my shock, I was told I was going to be billed extra for having a pet and pet damage! I did not have a pet and I was appauled at the approach Super 8 Corporate Office and the local owner of this Super 8 West in Flagstaff took trying to intimidate me with additional charges. The Super 8 Corporate office completely ignored the fact that this privately owned motel did not meet travel standards and should be shut down! My credit card company would not refund my money as they said I did indeed spend the night ,even though the motel facility was deplorable and I had no other place to go with my young child.

The owners of this Super 8 West in Flagstaff are from India and could care less about the filthy conditions of this facility........I will never forget this horrible travel experience with my young son and I will NEVER go near this Super 8 West Motel in Flagstaff again.

DO NOT STAY AT THE SUPER 8 WEST IN FLAGSTAFF!!!!!!!!!!
I FELT LIKE I HAD BUGS ALL OVER ME WHEN WE LEFT!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2007
super8flagstaffaz, Webmaster at Super 8 NAU Downtown Conference Center, responded to this review, April 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

• Management received additional training in the courteous manner in which you, our valued guest, are to be treated.

• Maintenance was informed of the bugs in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to any needed extermination.

• Front desk staff received additional training in the courteous manner in which you, our valued staff, are to be treated.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Super 8 Flagstaff Downtown NAU Conference Center. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be very pleased.

chicago
Reviewed August 24, 2007

After stepping on the gum in the carpet as I entered the room, it only got worse. The bathroom was moldy, the shower curtain was broken, and most of the floor tiles were cracked and a hazard. One tile which was not broken was free floating under my feet and ready to crack. The night manager instructed me to bring up the condition of the room with the day manager. The day manager left without talking to me. Then they sent a letter saying I could be charged with destruction of property for moving the free floating floor tile to the side of the room so my family would not step on a loose tile and have it break under their feet !

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank Travelfamilychicago
Dear Guest,

• Maintenance was informed of the cracked tiles and the free floating tile in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to the necessary repairs and replacements.

• The day manager and the night manager received additional training in the courteous manner in which you, our valued guest, are to be treated.

• Management was approached about the charges being made against you for moving the free floating tile.

I hope that the next time you visit this area, you will once again choose to stay at Super 8 Flagstaff Downtown NAU Conference Center. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

GER
Reviewed April 13, 2006

We stayed there because ist was very close to the Center. This is the only plus with this motel. The rooms are old, dirty, the furniture is falling apart. The bathroom is full of mold and ugly. Walls are thin and you could understand every word of the children in the next room - although they weren't too loud.

Would never stay there again.

• Stayed November 2005
2 Thank CannibalsFan
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Super 8 Flagstaff Downtown NAU Conference Center for your recent stay in our area. I’m glad that the location was a good one for you.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Super 8 Flagstaff Downtown NAU Conference Center. We look forward to welcoming you back.