“ideal stop over location” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Conference Center Nau/downtown

Super 8 Conference Center Nau/downtown
Ranked #34 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
Southsea, UK
“ideal stop over location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2008

We stayed in Flagstaff overnight, the motel was clean and suitable for a stopover - it had a pool and was close to the observatory and town as well as a wide choice of restaurants.

• Liked — cheap
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2008

I stayed at this property did not experience any of the problems these other guests apparently had. The staff was great during our stay. The best part was the indoor pool! I stay at Super 8 all the time and never have problems!

• Liked — Indoor pool!
  • Disliked — No complaints!
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2008

I am a single parent traveling with my young son from Colorado. We were on our way to Tucson, AZ. and stopped for the night in Flagstaff, AZ. We have stayed at other Super 8's before and found them to be very clean and pleasant.

It was dark and late when we arrived, so we went right to bed. My young son woke in the night complaining of bites. I turned on the light and pulled the covers back on his bed and found small brown bugs between the sheets. I was horrified....It also seemed hot in our room, so I called the front desk. I was told the air conditioning was broken and to open the sliding glass door in our room. The front desk ignored my comment about bugs in the bed.......

I felt unsafe with the sliding glass door open and bugs in our bed. The air conditioning vent on the wall in our room had dirt, mold and grime all around it. I wanted to leave in the middle of the night, so I called the front desk again and was told there were no other rooms available. I called around Flagstaff for another motel room, but nothing was available. I thought of sleeping in our car, but with a young child I felt there was nothing I could do but get through the night in this terrible, hot room.

As soon as the morning light came with a restless night, I got up to shower and was again horrified at the mold on the ceiling in the bathroom and dirty tub. The more I looked around the room with daylight, the more disqusted I felt. Stains on the rug in our room and upon leaving the facility, dirt and grime in the ice machine in the hall........I just wanted to leave as fast as I could..........

I filed a compaint with my credit card, Super 8 Corporate Offices and the front desk at the Super 8 West in Flagstaff. To my shock, I was told I was going to be billed extra for having a pet and pet damage! I did not have a pet and I was appauled at the approach Super 8 Corporate Office and the local owner of this Super 8 West in Flagstaff took trying to intimidate me with additional charges. The Super 8 Corporate office completely ignored the fact that this privately owned motel did not meet travel standards and should be shut down! My credit card company would not refund my money as they said I did indeed spend the night ,even though the motel facility was deplorable and I had no other place to go with my young child.

The owners of this Super 8 West in Flagstaff are from India and could care less about the filthy conditions of this facility........I will never forget this horrible travel experience with my young son and I will NEVER go near this Super 8 West Motel in Flagstaff again.

DO NOT STAY AT THE SUPER 8 WEST IN FLAGSTAFF!!!!!!!!!!
I FELT LIKE I HAD BUGS ALL OVER ME WHEN WE LEFT!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2007
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
super8flagstaffaz, Webmaster at Super 8 Conference Center Nau/downtown, responded to this review, April 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

• Management received additional training in the courteous manner in which you, our valued guest, are to be treated.

• Maintenance was informed of the bugs in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to any needed extermination.

• Front desk staff received additional training in the courteous manner in which you, our valued staff, are to be treated.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Super 8 Flagstaff Downtown NAU Conference Center. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be very pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Travelers are raving about these Flagstaff hotels

chicago
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2007

After stepping on the gum in the carpet as I entered the room, it only got worse. The bathroom was moldy, the shower curtain was broken, and most of the floor tiles were cracked and a hazard. One tile which was not broken was free floating under my feet and ready to crack. The night manager instructed me to bring up the condition of the room with the day manager. The day manager left without talking to me. Then they sent a letter saying I could be charged with destruction of property for moving the free floating floor tile to the side of the room so my family would not step on a loose tile and have it break under their feet !

• Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank Travelfamilychicago
Dear Guest,

• Maintenance was informed of the cracked tiles and the free floating tile in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to the necessary repairs and replacements.

• The day manager and the night manager received additional training in the courteous manner in which you, our valued guest, are to be treated.

• Management was approached about the charges being made against you for moving the free floating tile.

I hope that the next time you visit this area, you will once again choose to stay at Super 8 Flagstaff Downtown NAU Conference Center. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

GER
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2006

We stayed there because ist was very close to the Center. This is the only plus with this motel. The rooms are old, dirty, the furniture is falling apart. The bathroom is full of mold and ugly. Walls are thin and you could understand every word of the children in the next room - although they weren't too loud.

Would never stay there again.

• Stayed November 2005
2 Thank CannibalsFan
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Super 8 Flagstaff Downtown NAU Conference Center for your recent stay in our area. I’m glad that the location was a good one for you.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Super 8 Flagstaff Downtown NAU Conference Center. We look forward to welcoming you back.

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2005

Stayed at this motel while travelling Rt. 66 from Chicago. I can honestly say that this was the WORST motel we stayed of all 7 states. WiFi access was non existent when we arrived. Room was very dirty (pockmarks in walls, soap residue still in shower caddies, stained towels, mold on walls near shower, etc.) and the people who stayed there were RUDE. Even though it's a motor inn, there are no designated parking spaces, so late at night don't expect to park near your room. If there's a no place to crash else to crash in Flagstaff, drive on to Williams...

• Stayed September 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dear Guest,

Thank you or choosing Super 8 Flagstaff Downtown NAU Conference Center for your recent stay in our area.

• Housekeeping staff received additional training in the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees.

• Maintenance was informed of the problem with WiFi access and instructed to see to it’s repair.

• Management was approached about the problems with parking.

• Management and desk staff were approached about their responsibility to see to it that our valued guests remember to treat their fellow guests courteously.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Super 8 Flagstaff Downtown NAU Conference Center. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Aubrey, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2005

The Super 8 near downtown Flagstaff is an above average economy motel. Large attractive lobby with free hi speed internet for guests plus wireless. Friendly staff. Clean spacious rooms. Good choices at free continental breakfast. Hard to beat at the price.

7 Thank texhills