“Pick somewhere else”

Ranked #34 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Australia
“Pick somewhere else”
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Booked two nights 13th and 14th May 2012.
1st night people arrived to stay in room 109 next to us,two cars with 4 adults and at least 20
Boston Terriers, most of them where taken out of the cars in cages. We made Management aware of this, but nothing was done as they were still there next morning.
2nd day we left 7.30am for Grand Canyon, arriving back at 5pm to a room that we couldn't access with our cards and the room was not serviced.
When Management was asked why our room had not been cleaned, reply was "cleaner doesn't like going into rooms as some people apparantly don,t like it".
What a cop out-never ever has a motel room not been serviced anywhere you stay if you are
in the room more than 1 night. Isn't that what u pay for.
Also ice machine not working and staff have to keep running over to the gas station to supply ice. Maybe Management of this hotel should address these issues, staff are only doing the best they can under circumstances.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Aussie249
super8flagstaffaz, Webmaster at Super 8 NAU Downtown Conference Center, responded to this review, May 23, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Super 8 Flagstaff Downtown NAU Conference Center for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that you felt that while there were some problems while you were there, the staff was doing the best they could under the circumstances.

• Management was approached about the large number of dogs that were brought into the center. We talked about ways in which large numbers of dogs could be best serviced without bothering fellow valued guests.

• Maintenance was reminded of the broken ice machine and instructed to see to its repair or replacement.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Super 8 Flagstaff Downtown NAU Conference Center. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Wheeling, Illinois
Reviewed January 4, 2012

I stayed one night. Sunday January 1,2012.
At 5:45 my wife and I had to be at Amtrak for the
1-1/2 day train trip back east.
We woke at 4 am expecting to take showers before
leaving for the station.
While the sink had hot water, the shower only ran
COLD water.
I called Brian at the front desk but he said there
was nothing he could do about it.
When I went to check out, the front desk was left
unattended.
Needless to say I was getting nervous, as I had to
return my rental car before heading to Amtrak.
After waiting about 5 minutes, Brian showed up from
across the street having purchasing his breakfast.
Brian again told me he could not adjust the bill and
suggested I call the assistant manager, Amelia, when
she started her shift on Tuesday morning.
Due to the lack of cell phone coverage on the train,
I was unable to call until later in the day.
I have since called back again on Tuesday leaving a
message for Amelia to call me back on my cell phone.
It is now Wednesday night and I have yet to get a call
back.
I plan on taking it up with Citibank as my card has
been charged full price.

If I ever pass thru Flagstaff again, I will be sure to
stay someplace else.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
RikeshPrema, General Manager at Super 8 NAU Downtown Conference Center, responded to this review, February 8, 2012
I am sorry to hear that your stay was not to your satisfaction. We are open 24 hours and i talked to Bryan he did go check the hot water after you left and even my maintenance man checked the water it was hot. Also I personally called you and talk to you about this matter. There was nothing wrong in the room and Bryan was present in the office all night because i checked my Video to make sure he was working. Only time he left during the night was to do his regular security check of the property.
Kingman, Arizona
Reviewed January 4, 2012

My overall experience at this hotel was very good and pleasant. I liked this hotel because we could walk to the downtown area. The pool and Jacuzzi was heated even in the winter thought this was very nice. I liked that the room we stayed in had a refrigerator this saved use a lot of money on drinks and food during are stay. The bed and the room was very clean. I would recommend this hotel to any of my family and friends. This hotel is going to be my first choice when i go to Flagstaff.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Glendale Heights, Illinois
Reviewed December 22, 2011

I picked this hotel out based on the pictures - needless to say I should have known better based on the price - a nice place to sleep in, but don't expect oversized rooms. The pool was nice as well as the hot tub. The front desk staff were very helpful and friendly. The walls are thin and you can hear easily to the next rooms, so if you stop and stay request a room with no one on either side. Overall average but did the job.

Room Tip: If you travel with more than two kids this is not the place to go unless you get two rooms
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
South Jordan, Utah
Reviewed December 11, 2011

We have stayed at quite a few Super 8's over the years. This one was very good. The room was a little more expensive then many Super 8's I've stayed at. But it's location near the Grand Canyon is probably why. Everything seemed to be a little more in Flagstaff. Our Destination was the Grand Canyon South Rim. I would of stayed even closer to the rim but the rooms were all over $130 that were near the park. Not much to say about the room just a typical super 8 and not bad.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Tempe, Arizona
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Ill start by saying that im easy to please, but this place was better than i had expected. Normally i imagine Super 8's being slightly crappy places, but this was actually pretty nice. Especially in their front lobby. wow. Really nice actually.

This Super 8 was a life saver AND was an awesome value. As I am terrible at planning ahead, I found myself in flagstaff late at night with no place to stay. Lucky me, i managed to pick up a cheap room here at the last minute.

The price was cheap. The room was super clean, and the staff was awesome. Even got them to fill me in on good hang out places and bars. AND they have a pretty sweet pool/hot tub.

Location was pretty awesome as far as finding food, and there is a gas station right across the street. If you like to walk, I managed to walk back to the hotel from downtown. :)

The only negative that i can think of is that i didnt get to scope out the free breakfast! I love free breakfast... Next time... next time.

Room Tip: Stay in the rooms closest to the front. Its closer to the pool, front office, and gas station for fo...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
england
Reviewed September 12, 2011

we have passed through flagstaf fregular on our twice yearly motorcycle trip to the usa but have never stayed here.unfortunatly we were having trouble with the bike in utah and were advised to get to the nearest dealer which was in flagstaff,by the time we got it sorted it was too late to set off that night,as this dealer was right next door to the super 8 we decided to give it a try.what a good find,very freindly guy on the front desk gave us the room we requested and nothing was too much trouble he was so helpfull directing us to shops and resturants local.the indoor heated pool and hot tub on the car park was so relaxing and the room was clean and comfortable,would stay here again

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends