“It was fine”

Quality Inn - Flagstaff / East Lucky Lane
Ranked #45 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Reviewed August 28, 2007

I was worried about staying at this hotel after reading all of the negative reviews, but it turned out to be just fine and exceeded my expectations. It's not in the prettiest of locations (on a service road across from I-40) and the photo on their website is a bit deceiving (the mountains aren't as close as they seem), but the rooms, while small, were nicely appointed and clean. We didn't have any problems with noise, being so near to the interstate, because the a/c unit served as a white noise machine for us, which was great. I was impressed by the free breakfast -- scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits, waffles, etc. It wasn't your usual stale pastries kind of breakfast - it was very nice! I was pleasantly surprised by the experience.

Stayed: August 2007

Reviewed August 20, 2007

I have stayed at hotels for over 20 years. I have never experienced the absolute horrible service I received at this property. Non-working internet service for several days, blamed on everything, the altitude of Flagstaff, thunderstorms, my computer. Key cards that wouldn't work three days in a row. Poor service during the breakfast, including employees who didn't speak English when asked about food content. Housekeeping failing to refill supplies and the desk failing to send replacements when asked, dogs placed in a room below us that barked for over three hours straight. On top of all this, the staff was unresponsive totally. Never followed through on any request including to talk to the manager. Finally, a week after complaining to the Choice Hotels chain where I booked the room, the general manager of the property sent an email asking about our complaints. 11 days after responding to him, he still hadn't responded back. Ignoring customers is obviously the way this property gets by. Choice was not very helpful, either, eventually offering a one night voucher to stay at another property within a year. Folks, listen to the negative complaints about this property and stay some where else when visiting Flagstaff. You'll be glad you did, probably sad if you don't.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2007

I frequently stay in Quality Inns when traveling and this one has got to be the WORST one I have ever stayed at! The rooms were horribly small, smaller than average. Our door faced the pool area and the pool supposedly closed at 9:30, but at 10:30 there were still noisy kids in the pool. Then when they finally cleared out, we could hear some adults in the courtyard talking. All this we could hear even with the air conditioner going. The beds were comfortable and I didn't have a problem with the pillows, but the blanket on the bed was like a stiff, scratchy, woolish cotton. I couldn't stand to touch it. The ceillings in the sink and shower areas looked like they had been leaked through by the upper floor and the shower had mildew in the caulked areas. The grab bar for the disabled was postioned right were you stand under the shower head and I kept hittng it while I showered. The only good thing I can say about this hotel is that they have a good breakfast. They have the standard waffles, but they also have scrambled eggs and hot sausage too, along with the other continental breakfast items.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank dp995
Reviewed June 7, 2007

I have stayed in Quality Inn's all over the US. This is the poorest property I have ever encountered. When we checked into the room we noticed that the rug was dirty and paint was chiping off the walls. When I turned on the light/fan in the bathroon it made a terrible noise and I had to disconnect the fan. We called to change rooms but was told they were sold out so we stayed the night. During the night the train horns woke us up several times. In the morning there was no hot water! The girl at the front desk stated that "alot of guest take showers at the same time and use up the water!" The free breakfast was very marginal at best.
Needless to say we left there and moved to the Hampton Inn and Suites in town; had a great stay.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Unhappytravler
Reviewed May 13, 2007

I stayed here for 1 night for my neices graduation from NAU. When I checked in they confirmed that I had a queen nonsmoking room. When I got to the room it was nonsmoking, but the bed was a double, not a queen. There were 2 very flimsy pillows on the bed so I asked for additional pillows and was told no extra pillows available. Room was pretty clean, but in pretty bad shape. There was water damage on the ceiling that had been very poorly repaired. Patch marks all over the walls. Bed was very uncomfortable, very old blankets and comforters that I really didn't want to touch. The worst part was that there was no hot water in the morning to take a shower. Tried to call down to the front desk to find out what was going on and they did not answer the phones. Found out that it was a problem throughout the hotel. My husband and I took cold showes!! Yikes!
The morning breakfast that was included was pretty good.
Staff was ok, but not very apologetic about the water situation. I did complain at check-out and they took $20 off the bill.
I believe that the hotel is not equipped to handle a full house. If they can't provide hot water for all of the rooms, they shoule not fully book it.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank saqtrvl
Reviewed April 17, 2007

We stayed at the Quality Inn for one night on our way to the Grand Canyon. Although the room was a bit small (we had 2 queen beds), it was definitely nice and clean! Smelled clean too! The bathroom was fine, we had room for a couple of people at a time. I didn't care too much for the shower head, as it didn't attach permanently to the wall, it was one of those hand held ones, but we had plenty of hot water for several showers. The full breakfast service the next morning was great, lots of choices. That room was a bit small too, a little hard to get around with a number of people, so we waited until after 8:30 and it was better. The staff at the hotel desk was great, very helpful and even printed us directions to a local restaurant and to the Grand Canyon. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank laroge
Reviewed July 23, 2006

I stayed here one night and was pleasantly surprised. The room was clean, bed comfortable, young man at front desk friendly, the breakfast the usual fare plus scrambled eggs and make your own waffles. The pool area was nice, good size, with lot of chairs, and the price was reasonalbe. All in all a decent place to stay. I don't know if I was just lucky or if they have rectified some problems. As for the trains-- that's just Flagstaff.

Stayed: June 2006