“Big disappointment” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #43 of 63 Hotels in Flagstaff
Tucson, Arizona
“Big disappointment”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

This is what we would expect if we had paid $30. The floor of our room is so dirty it literally feels sticky when you walk on it. The air smelled so awful in our first floor room the first thing we did is open the window - which is when we realized it didn't even lock. The walls are damaged, the bathtub has some sort of sticky substance all over it, the eggs at breakfast were waaay overboiled. I could go on. Just please don't make the mistake we did and lose $100.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Polish first
Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

Nothing fancy. We had two queens in a nice clean room. It is a little noisy between the tracks and freeway. They are currently remodeling, but that did not detract from a night's sleep. We felt it was adequate and the price was excellent.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Glen Rose, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

We belong to this chains rewards program. We were told that if we stayed two nights at two different times we would earn one free night. We stayed at a Comfort Inn in Moriarity, New Mexico and then at the Comfort Inn in Flagstaff, Arizona. Both hotels were clean and comfortable with the one in Flagstaff being Very nice. We were shocked when we tried to book our FREE night on our return trip to Flagstaff and were told we could not stay at the Comfort Inn we had stayed at before. Instead they sent us to the Quality Inn on East Lucky Lane. What a "Reward" The hotel is very old and very substandard. It is currently undergoing renovations and should be closed during the process. The "front desk" is set up in one of the rooms, the ice machine is out of order, the pool is closed for renovations, the property is just an old "motel" style with all the rooms opening to the outside. Our bathroom vent fan did not have a cover on it. We discovered the cover on the floor next to the ironing board. Phone was old and dirty, furniture was old and worn out. Free continental breakfast was set up in two different guest rooms. I can't say enough about how shabby it was. Would never stay here again. By the way, I am not someone who is accustomed to $300 a night rooms.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank I7421ETPaula

Travelers are raving about these Flagstaff hotels

Salt Lake City, Utah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014 via mobile

Upon pulling in we noticed the hotel was renovating. I understand that this is needed occasionally, but the parking lot was not well lit, office was relocated into a hotel room, and there was no signage to point us in the right direction to check in. We had requested a lower floor but was told there were none available. We hauled out luggage up stairs and around 2 of the building (because the other stair cases were closed down). Once we got to our room we we're let down right away. I had seen photos online, and knew the rooms were a little dated, but as a Quality Inn I assumed it would at least be cleaned. Our carpet had chips, crumbs and toothpaste on it. There were fire Cheetos around the night stand as well. I walked in to the bathroom and it had not been clean at all. The bathmat was thrown in the tub, there were hairs and soap scum everywhere, the bathroom tile was soiled, and the toilet water was yellow. The sink was also dirty, with hairs, and grimy chrome, AND there was food stuck all over the microwave. I called the front desk, and after telling me that the room was clean, she eventually agreed to come and take a look. She agreed that the room was not cleaned well, and that the bathroom and vanity area was not cleaned at all. She told us that there were no other rooms, and the came up and cleaned up the bathroom while we waited. Although she wiped out the tub and toilet, there where still many hairs left behind, and the floor and vanity did not get cleaned. I suppose at least the hairs from the previous guest had been sanitized with cleaner, right?

The worst part is that the desk clerks keys were left behind, and when I walked down to find her, I noticed that there were a number of downstairs room clean and vacant. Couldn't we have been moved to a room that we had requested, and that was CLEAN. Couldn't the dirty room have been Fully cleaned once we left for another guest arriving later. I tried to make a reservation elsewhere, but by this time, any decent hotel was full. Don't worry y'all, they gave us a $5 discount, and told me to call their manager if I had a problem.

To top it off, there was no coffee creamer in the breakfast room, and the ice machine was broken.

This was by far the WORST hotel experience I have ever encounter!!

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank VelvetEscape11
Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

This motel is on Lucky Lane which is kind of like a frontage road to Interstate 40 just east of downtown Flagstaff so there is some road noise.

Check-in took some time since there was no clerk in the office when I got there – just a sign saying they’d be back shortly, which was at least 5 minutes.

I wanted a quiet room to the rear but I got a room fairly close to (but not exactly) the front. Most motels in Flagstaff have either highway noise or railroad noise. I did not hear any trains at this motel but I did hear some Interstate 40 background noise all night. The motel is arranged with at least three buildings with a rear courtyard space. I would think that the rear courtyard, somewhat sheltered from I-40, would be a better location for a guest room for quietness. Unfortunately I was closer to the front.

The room was not in great condition. The sink drain linkage was not working properly, the dead bolt in the door did not line up with the hole in the door jamb, and the television remote control was missing. The bathtub area looked pretty ugly. The three-panel surround kit did not mate properly with the tub so there was gaps where things came together and the gaps were full of black or orange mildew and “matter” which looked gross.

There were a lot of plumbing noises from nearby rooms when people drew water or flushed toilets which was a bit irritating. In fact, I don’t think I have ever stayed in motel that was so noisy from other people’s room’s water demands.

The good things were that the bed was very good and the breakfast was very good.

Room Tip: Rooms to the rear, away from I-40, and facing the courtyard will likely be the quietest.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Road_Rambler59
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014

We stayed here in Flagstaff, AZ it cost $34.78 What a deal right?? It was clean but very old and small room it had a fridge and a microwave and for the 2 of us and our dog Duke it was ok for one night. Breakfast was you average waffles eggs cereal muffins and coffee . We had a queen size bed you walk past the office and make a right at the pool and we were mid way down on the right, Don't think I would stay here again. Was here February 26, 2014

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SFARES
London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

I stayed here last year with my husband and it was perfectly adequate. Travelling alone I stopped there again and noted part of the motel was undergoing remodelling and the parking lot was empty. I found out why when the desk clerk said she wouldn't honour my coupon as 'we don't do those any more''. This is because Quality Inn has doubled its prices. A minimum of $75? Good luck with that given Flagstaff is full of better and more reasonable hotels.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business