“Very Stinky! Couldn't even stay the night!”

Quality Inn - Flagstaff / East Lucky Lane
Ranked #46 of 65 Hotels in Flagstaff
Scottsdale, AZ
“Very Stinky! Couldn't even stay the night!”
Reviewed August 10, 2008

Let me just say that we couldn't even stay in the room it was so sick. We were expecting very little and got even less. This hotel is truly gross. We walked into the room and there was a strong moldy smell. The wall paper was pealing around the windows. The window was almost impossible to open. It looked as if they tried to paint over a bunch of moldy spots where the top of the wall where it meets the ceiling.

I peeled back the bedspread on the bed and the blanket underneath looked as if it was dragged behind a car for a few hundred miles. It had the look and feel off an old scouring pad.

I would suggest not staying at this place. Their description states that some of their rooms are "remodeled". If you attempt to stay here...request one of the "remodeled" rooms then check it out before handing over your money. Be prepared to find an alternative hotel, sleep in your car ,or do as we did and drive home.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank moniscotts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Polish first
Boston
Reviewed August 1, 2008

To be fair, my rating isn't totally the motel's fault. But overall it was the second worst stay of my 3 week vacation.

To begin with, we were inexplicably given the handicapped room, which would be great if we were actually handicapped, but we aren't. You'd think this wouldn't be a big deal, except that the bathroom was made much larger than usual to accomodate wheelchairs, etc, and this takes away from the already limited space for beds. So we were crammed in.

Next, the walls are very thin. Unfortunately, this transmits the high volume train whistles diectly into your room (every 10 minutes, all night, 4 blasts of the horn) even over the sound of the AC unit. I live 2 blocks from the train now. And my grandmother growing up lived right on the tracks. So I thought I could handle it. Wrong!!!

Next, there was apparently a wedding party booked into the motel for this weekend. They got into a disagreement over throwing beer cans off the balcony onto my and others' cars in rooms next to me.

I wouldn't have known the details except the desk called me at 3am to ask if I was the one complaining about noise. I wasn't, but now that my whole family was awake sharing the pain of the trains with me, I was now.

Apparently the guest conflict spilled over to the night clerk (the same one who woke us up) as they assaulted her. Police were called in, guests hauled off to jail, beer cans strewn about my 2007 car. Crack in my windshield.

Not a way to enjoy the canyon.

Next complaint - people beepiong their car alarms right outside our door. The walls are so thin this will act as an alarm for you.

Lastly, there is supposedly free breakfast included running to 10am. I was up, showered and out there by 8:30 but all the food was gone. All of it. No bread even for toast. No juice. No coffee. And none being restocked.

On the positive side, I did say that this wasn't the worst stay. That is because after the first night, the partiers were in jail and we didn't even bother trying to get breakfast. And we were so tired that we managed to sleep through some of the whistles.

There were no bugs, it was relatively clean. The beds were very hard and uncomfortable. But the AC worked.

• Liked — That we left it
  • Disliked — Noise
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk

Travelers are raving about these Flagstaff hotels

Riverside, CA
Reviewed June 29, 2008

We were disappointed by the Quality Inn Lucky Lane. The rooms were slightly dirty, but about what you would expect from a cheap motel. Our room had a slight unpleasant odor that we were able to minimize by leaving the door open whenever possible. The breakfast was OK, but the breakfast room never really got cleaned up while we were there.

• Liked — The breakfast.
  • Disliked — Cleanliness.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Scottsdale, AZ
Reviewed June 24, 2008

I had previously stayed at the Quality Inn on Milton Road in Flagstaff and had had great experiences there. This time the rate was slightly better (read cheaper) at the Lucky Lane Quality Inn, so I opted for this one , assuming the experience would be similar. FAR from the truth. There was no lobby to speak of. I paid $110 to stay here and the rooms were terribly shabby looking. Very small. Dingy, depressing and quite an embarrassment, because I had taken some relatives along. We had stayed at the MGM Grand in Vegas the previous night where I had paid $130 with a far more superior comfort and experience.
The train noise stays all night. The breakfast is pretty good. But by then you're too depressed.

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — room size and overall look
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
Glendora
Reviewed April 29, 2008

This hotel is fine - typical one night stay hotel. Bedding and shower were better than expected. Breakfast was good. Rooms recently renovated. Wireless internet worked great for me. Trains did not bother me at all. Near Outback and Cracker Barrel. Not sure why all the negative reviews.

• Stayed April 2008, traveled solo
1 Thank gardog
cal
Reviewed March 3, 2008

this quality inn is no hotel but is quiet and fairly clean in the winter. Its walking distance to Outback and Cracker Barrel.
Not worth more than 50 off season, 60 on.

Glendale Arizona
Reviewed February 12, 2008

This hotel was so comfortable, and wonderfully priced. We stayed there for 2 nights to go play in the snow with our 4 small children. The continetial breakfast was excellent with fresh juices, homemade waffels, pastries, cereal,fruit, and oatmeal. The lobby is excellent, so warm and inviting, with many comfy couches and chairs, a blazing fireplace always lit, humongous bay windows with beatiful snowy views, large tv to kick back and relax, and even a big toy chest with toys for the little ones, to play with while parents relax. Every night they bake cookies, and leave them on the desk for guests to enjoy. Also there are 2 computers in the lobby with internet access. Rooms were very clean and comfy. We enjoyed our stay!

• Liked — The warm inviting lobby
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family