“Early Morning Breakfast”

MIX on the Square
Ranked #44 of 351 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: For breakfast, lunch or dinner or anything in between... MIX is it for fresh food in an open comfortable environment in the middle of historic downtown.
Reviewed September 2, 2016

We had to hunt a little to find it. It's located in an area of other shops. Don't get put off by it's sort of 'industrial' look. It's a great spot. You order first and the take a seat. Breakfast was outstanding. Thanks Kyle!

Reviewed August 31, 2016

Came here on a Sunday morning to a busy line. I thought it would be a long wait but it wasn't and we were able to find a table easily. You order your food and then you find a table yourself. While we were in line we had our coffee orders made so that made the wait easier. Ordered the rainbow omelette with bacon and hash browns. I think it's hard to mess up a simple dish like that but it was good. I would come back if I ever was in the area to try the sweet dishes.

Reviewed August 21, 2016 via mobile

We stopped here because they showed dogs allowed on the patio, which was perfect for us. Which proved true with water bowls by the outside entry. I had a roasted turkey with chips, hubby had tuna with a salad. Sandwiches run about $8. They were very good. Counter service inside to place order.

Reviewed August 14, 2016

We were walking around Downtown Sunday afternoon at lunchtime, looking for a dog-friendly place. It was super busy everywhere. The rest of the family ate at the burger place nearby and I walked around the corner and into MIX because I wanted something else.
It's a noisey place because it is actually part of an indoor retail "mall". It's basically, soup, salad and sandwiches. Selections are listed on a big board, you fill out your own order, pay and its' brought to your table. I ordered a Chinese Chicken Salad for myself and a Chicken Sandwich, Small Side Salad and some apple juice for my Grandson,. The total was rather "hefty" for this type of establishment!
I will say that the greens in the salad were very fresh and it was certainly large enough. However, the advertised Mandarin Oranges in the salad turned out to be three partial orange slices! The miniscule cubes of chicken were overpowered by the amount of lettuce. My Grandson said his sandwich was "so-so".
I will definitely opt for a different experience next time. Not impressed..

Reviewed August 10, 2016

Delicious home cooked quality food in a nice and casual atmosphere. Get here before noon on the weekend for $2 mimosas and bloody marys too!