“Copa Cafe is a delight!”
Review of Coppa Cafe

Coppa Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Coppa Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 351 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Cuisines: European, French, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Coppa is a European-style cafe/bistro set amidst the mountains of Flagstaff serving lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch. While northern Arizona might at first seem an unlikely dining destination for serious epicureans, Coppa Cafe's combination of talent and unconventional procurement methods have set the small, casual eatery atop the "can't miss" list of every discerning foodie from Phoenix to Santa Fe. Choosing to go against the grain of the franchise and chain restaurants often found in smaller-town America, husband and wife owners and chefs Brian Konefal and Paola Fioravanti instead favor house-cured meats, ingredients locally procured from nearby farms and ranches and foraged foods found in the forests around Flagstaff to incorporate into their dishes. Though their procurement methods might seem unconventional for the region, their talents are rooted in tradition, following lifelong culinary careers spent crisscrossing Europe and the U.S., Training under the tutelage of some of the finest and most decorated chefs in their respective countries. As Coppa's tagline states, the tiny, intimate venue offers "a taste of Europe in the mountains of Flagstaff," and the culinary team prides itself on providing just that through balancing local finds with progressive techniques, resulting in an unprecedented, sophisticated and pilgrimage-worthy experience.
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

On a road trip from Sedona to Moab and TripAdvisor delivers again! A great little discovery. Not too expensive, homemade fiod and a make yourself at home atmosphere. Loved it!

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I was so happy I found this slice of heaven in Flagstaff!! I had some really great things about Coppa Cafe, and decided I needed to try it out for myself! I took my boyfriend with me, and I was instantly intrigued by the atmosphere of Coppa. The decor is cute, and makes you feel as if you have entered a whole different country! We were instantly greeted and found a quiet table for us to enjoy. We were presented with the menus and I instantly wanted everything. We started of with an delcious appetizer.. It was a bacon and oinion type pizza! It literally melted in my mouth! I had to stop myself from eating the whole thing! Then for dinner I got the pasta and my boyfriend got the veal. The veal was cooked to absolute perfection! Every bite made my taste buds dance! The pasta was equally delicious which was creamy (but not overly) and cooked just right. The flavors in the pasta danced together so beautifully. After we finished out dinners (and we ate every LAST bite) we recieved the dessert menu. I was blown away by the unique options and learned that each dessert is made from scratch! I bought the snow bowl, an eclair and a tiramisu! Each equally delicious and unique! I left Coppa Cafe feeling as if I NEEDED more. There is no other place like this in Flagstaff! The food is devine, the atmosphere is european, and the service was excellent! I will for sure be coming back to try their lunch and brunch! This is a MUST in Flagstaff! You wont be disappointed.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

This small and intimate cafe is the BEST. This restaurant is run by a couple, both of whom have training and experience from around the world. Food is tasty, affordable, and STEPS above the average. The atmosphere is casual and fun, the service is very good and those with food considerations have tasty options available. I highly recommend this wonderful spot to locals and travelers as well.

1  Thank Nancy S
Reviewed April 2, 2013

First thing you should know is the Coppa Café has very limited hours. After a day of hiking, we were ready for an early dinner. Good thing, because when we arrived at 5:30 p.m., we were surprised to see that dinner hours were 5 - 7 p.m. The place is very small, maybe eight tables or so. We got one of the last tables without reservations, but clearly the locals knew to arrive early. When we finished dinner at 7 p.m., the restaurant was already deserted. Food and service are both excellent. Everything we tried was delicious and prepared with obvious skill and care. Don't skip dessert -- worth the calories.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Pulling into to a strip mall, you would never expect to find such a wonderful restaurant.
We had seared foie gras, and the house cured prociutto salad, both were absolutely delicious. The foie had a slight praline sear and was served with an apple puree. It makes my mouth water just thinking about it. I had the cassoulet, a dish from Southwestern France, rarely found here. It was very well made with duck confitcwhich just melted in your mouth. My husband had the moules frites ( musseld and fries) a common dish in France and it was perfectly executed.
We did not have desert as we were too full, but the chefs wife is the pastry chef, and I heard her deserts are to die for.
If you are in Flagstaff do not skip. Very reasonably priced.