“5++ STAR, Absolutely AMAZING!!!!”
Review of Coppa Cafe

Coppa Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Coppa Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 345 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Cuisines: French, Cafe, European
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Coppa is a European-style cafe/bistro set amidst the mountains of Flagstaff serving lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch. While northern Arizona might at first seem an unlikely dining destination for serious epicureans, Coppa Cafe's combination of talent and unconventional procurement methods have set the small, casual eatery atop the "can't miss" list of every discerning foodie from Phoenix to Santa Fe. Choosing to go against the grain of the franchise and chain restaurants often found in smaller-town America, husband and wife owners and chefs Brian Konefal and Paola Fioravanti instead favor house-cured meats, ingredients locally procured from nearby farms and ranches and foraged foods found in the forests around Flagstaff to incorporate into their dishes. Though their procurement methods might seem unconventional for the region, their talents are rooted in tradition, following lifelong culinary careers spent crisscrossing Europe and the U.S., Training under the tutelage of some of the finest and most decorated chefs in their respective countries. As Coppa's tagline states, the tiny, intimate venue offers "a taste of Europe in the mountains of Flagstaff," and the culinary team prides itself on providing just that through balancing local finds with progressive techniques, resulting in an unprecedented, sophisticated and pilgrimage-worthy experience.
Arizona
“5++ STAR, Absolutely AMAZING!!!!”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Coppa has raised the bar to heights I didn’t know previously! Their Rueben has to be the best I have ever tasted and its under ten bucks!! I have spoken with a few others and they said the exact same. They serve both lunch and dinner (brunch Sun only), lunch is delicious, dinner fabulous and brunch scrumptious. All are affordable, you get what you pay for (fresh, quality made with passion), dinner is more than lunch and brunch of course. It’s also quit a portion, as much as I would love seconds there is no need here! Overall Coppa provides the most bang for your buck and the best food I have ever had. On one occasion we were hesitant to try their soup, sounded kind of basic this particular day, how wrong we were! It had far from basic taste, just writing this brings my mouth watering; we even ended up ordering some to go.
At dinner one of the things I enjoyed most besides my meal, was watching people’s reactions to their food being served and trying it- everyone seemed very pleased and excited. Many pictures have surely been taken of the food here. We tried the tarte flambé, was an amazing appetizer and the lamb pot, my what a treat you’re in for and for those with normal appetites you'll have some left for later. Then there’s the steak w frites, awesome, nice big piece of lean beef cooked to absolute perfection, tender and juicy, yet not running w too much red. Better than all the steak houses I've tried and being that I'm from AZ I've tried many. The frites were cooked perfectly, best I've ever had, crispy yet soft in middle, served with house made aioli and/or ketchup a definite hit.
But wait, there's more! The display case with daily lunch items alongside amazing desserts including very limited fruit tarts made daily. Strawberry macaroons, I had a hard time justifying the price but once I tried one I realized what a special treat they are and as it turns out they are very hard to make, these are the best around. Rumor has it, these are even better than most all in France where they originate!!
I bring any one visiting here and love their reactions, one friend said it felt like he was on some ‘amazing foodsTV show or some exquisite local spot in Europe’ and just went off on how great it was. You will leave feeling like a million buck$, ENJOY!!!

The Sea Ranch, California
“Absolutely wonderful experience”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Agree with all the other 5 star reviews on this page-- this is such a gem! Read the bios about the chefs and you will really appreciate the experience they bring. Friendly and attentive service too. We shared a salad with a robust dijon dressing, the best ever cauliflower soup with dollops of turmeric oil, and a superb wild boar pasta ragout--extra special was that the sauce was sweetened with bits of carrots and beets. Finished the meal with homemade gelato-- hazelnut, salted caramel, vanilla and chocolate, and complimentary homemade marshmallows. The bakery case holds rows of impressive homemade pastries and macaroons, as well as homemade caramels. We were just passing through Flagstaff during a cross country road trip, but we will surely return again next year!

Flagstaff, Arizona
“European Delight”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

This restaurant is truly amazing. The owner is super nice and friendly and genuinely cares about her customers satisfaction. I have eaten here for lunch and dinner now. The dinner was absolutely fabulous. From appetizer to dessert it was nothing short of magnificent. Definitely worth the price and the atmosphere is very cute and comfortable. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves fine European cuisine. It is a must if you are stopping through Flagstaff!

Flagstaff, AZ
“Overhyped”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

After reading all the glowing reviews of this place, my husband and I tried Coppa Cafe today for lunch. We went away wondering what all the hype was about. Yes, the soup was very good. I ordered a grilled reuben sandwich and honestly if I didn't know what I ordered, I would have been hard pressed to identify it as such. It looked like a BBQ beef sandwich on ciabatta ($9.00) My husband ordered the meatballs, a small portion in a baking dish, while good, I'm not sure that it measured up to its $12.00 price! Both came with a salad of beautiful greens, but the dressing was stridently vinegary. The place is very Frenchly cute and I would go back to try the dinner menu sometime. But as for lunch, I would recommend Dehli Palace and the Simply Delicious Cafe Daily Fare.

1 Thank bearskinster
“A hidden gem”
Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

From appetizer to dessert, a fantastic experience. Owners are very personable and even spot serve at times. Food is fresh and well prepared. It appears each dish is specially prepared to order. If I lived in Flagstaff area, would definitely be a regular. I recommend this place without reservation. You will not be disappointed.

1 Thank Goodad

Been to Coppa Cafe? Share your experiences!