“Tour for One”

Touch the Southwest
Ranked #6 of 24 Tours in Flagstaff
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Touch the Southwest offers a variety of luxury tours and excursions in the Four Corners area. We offer private and group luxury day-tours from Santa Fe to Taos, Bandelier National Monument and Chaco Canyon. We also create and produce private luxury multi-day excursions across the greater Four Corners region. All our tours are created by Bruce Sawyer, Condé Nast Top Travel Specialist 2008 - 2012, and a Virtuoso On-Site. Our tours offer luxury touring vehicles, expert guides, and world class destinations to visit. We also offer the finest in personable and professional staff to help our guests have the best experience possible. Let Touch the Southwest pamper you.
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I want to thank Bruce for a wonderful day at the Canyon!

As a single woman traveling alone, I was a bit reluctant to join a group, but Bruce was always certain I was comfortable throughout the day. His knowledge of the area and the rock formation was endless. And let’s not forget the wonderful lunch prepared for us. He was also attentive to the children traveling with us, making sure they were well taken care of and safe at all times.
Brenda was helpful in suggesting the alternate plans, as I visited beginning 9/28, right before the government shutdown. She also suggested other sight in the area and even cautioned me about my drive after dark back from Flagstaff.

I appreciated their attention to detail and would recommend them without question.

2  Thank kaiinew
Bruce S, Owner at Touch the Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Dear "kaiinew",

Thank you for posting such a nice review of your time with us at Grand Canyon on Trip Advisor. We strive to provide our guests with the most comfortable touring vehicles operating in the area, the most knowledgeable guides in the industry, and the finest in customer service anywhere. I am pleased you had such a great time with us. Brenda is truly a great complement to the company and we are lucky to have her with us.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

After spending much time researching our trip to the southwest for our 30th anniversary, reading the reviews about Touch the Southwest , and speaking on the phone with their representatives, We carefully planned our trip centered around our much anticipated,guided tour of the Grand Canyon months in advance. Imagine our shock upon receiving a voicemail 3 days before the date of our tour, while we were already in Arizona telling us the tour was being cancelled!. The message said there was a family emergency with the tour guide and they were unable to find anyone else. Their primary concern was that we let them know we got the message! Since we were on a desert tour during the afternoon and unable to get the message and return the call until 6pm, we called immediately but despite their recording saying they return messages for emergencies they did not return our call or emails that evening. We were shocked that a company of this magnitude in business for 20 years would not have a back up plan in place of an emergency. We could of course sympathize with an individual's emergency and need for leave,but how could a tour company like this not have a plan B? They did not leave any word that they would try to work on making alternate plans for us, or even reach out to find out if they could accommodate us on another day (which we would have been available for). they were perfectly comfortable just canceling us and leaving us hanging. After not hearing back, I left another detailed phone message relaying these sentiments, but the remainder of our evening was now spent in disappointment and again researching canyon guides. We were somewhat fortunate that the next morning, the concierge in the hotel we were staying at helped us make alternate plans, but it was not without much extra time and aggravation that should not have been part of our vacation time. After these plans were completed, Touch of Southwest finally called us back and said they could arrange another tour guide. Well, by that time it was too little, too late. Obviously, they didn't put fourth the maximal effort and thought they should have In the first place or they wouldn't have had to cancel and cause us such aggravation. This company did not live up to its reputation.

4  Thank smiles4ot
Bruce S, Owner at Touch the Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Dear "smiles4ot",

We sincerely apologize for your unfortunate experience with us. As a Virtuoso Onsite company in the Southwest, we strive to provide our guests with the most knowledgeable guides in the industry and the finest in customer service anywhere. However, in this situation we failed to communicate clearly and in a timely manner to you, our important guest.

We have taken this complaint into serious consideration and won't let it happen again. Should you ever be in our party of the country again, we would be more than happy to make things right.

Regards,

Bruce B. Sawyer

Reviewed July 14, 2013

As part of a tour of the four corners area, we decided on a guided tour to the Grand Canyon. From beginning to end, it was a great experience. Making the reservations was painless. We were picked up at our B&B...it was great not having to drive anywhere. Jamie (our guide) was enthusiastic and extremely knowledgeable about the canyon and the Sedona/Flagstaff area. I especially appreciated that she took us to parts of the park that were a bit off the bitten path. This allowed us to avoid the big "tourist" stops and really provided a relaxed, more personal visit to the Canyon. In addition, lunch was fabulous. Truly a fantastic day and an experience that I'd recommend to anyone!!

3  Thank Jake v
Bruce S, Owner at Touch the Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear "Jake v",

Thank you for posting such a nice review of your time with us at Grand Canyon on Trip Advisor. We strive to provide our guests with the most knowledgeable guides in the industry and the finest in customer service anywhere. I am pleased you had such a great time with us. Jamie is truly a great guide and we are lucky to have her with us.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

this was my first time to the grand canyon and i brought along my 88 year old mother who is not
able to get around very good. our guide was andrew and he made sure she was comfortable and taken care of in every way possible. andrew knew everything there was to know about the grand canyon and the surrounding area. the tour was very interesting. i would definetly recommend doing this tour. the only let-down was that the day we went, the weather was rainy and cold, so we could not do the picnic, but ate in the deli instead. still, very nice!!!!

2  Thank linda c
Bruce S, Owner at Touch the Southwest, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Dear "linda c",

Thank you for taking the time to post such a nice review of your time with us at Grand Canyon on Trip Advisor. I am pleased you and your mother had a great time with your guide, Andrew.

Sadly, bad weather does get in the way of us having our Classic Victorian Picnic on all tours. But we insist on buying you lunch, one way or another. I hope our selection of restaurant was adequate. Although, I must admit, nothing offered at Grand Canyon comes close to what we offer in our picnic, but this is probably just owner's pride.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

On May 29th I was fortunate enough to take a relaxing tour to the South rim of the Grand Canyon from Sedona. Although I have been to the South rim several times and this was the most enjoyable experience since I didn't have to drive. Andrew, our guide, was very knowledgeable about the entire area and not just the Grand Canyon. The picnic lunch that was prepared for us was quite enjoyable and every one in our group of 8 was fat and happy by the time we finished dessert. The van had
wonderfully large windows for our viewing pleasure. This is the way to go for a day trip to the Grand Canyon from Sedona.

Dear "James M",

Thank you for such a glowing review about your day at Grand Canyon.

We try our best to provide our guests with the finest guides in the region. Andrew is one of these, a true professional in every regard with a background to match. And I will pass along your kind words about our Classic Victorian Picnic to our Chef. I am sure he will appreciate hearing that you enjoyed his food. We like what he does as well.

Thanks for allowing us to show you Grand Canyon our way.