“THE Best Grand Canyon Tour!”

Touch the Southwest
Ranked #2 of 9 Food & Drink in Flagstaff
More attraction details
Owner description: Condé Nast Top Travel Specialist Bruce Sawyer Grand Canyon Full-Day Tour Special with Classic Picnic, Expert Guides (some with Ph.D.'s), and New Luxury Touring Vans. The only tour operator in the southwest honored by Condé Nast for producing the finest custom tours. We also offer private tours to the Southwest's best destinations conducted in new luxury SUVs by regional experts who give you the Insider Access no one else can.
Lyndhurst, New Jersey
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“THE Best Grand Canyon Tour!”
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

If you want an intimate , small group tour of the Grand Canyon, book with Touch the Southwest. It was an awesome experience, with our very interesting and knowledgable guide, Andrew, picking us up at our resort. There were just 8 others in our group in a well air conditioned, leather seated mini-bus. Gourmet picnic lunch up on the south rim was delightful and a nice touch, then two more stops at other points on the canyon for viewing and picture taking (Andrew will take pictures for you as well). Then we stopped in Cameron a brief shopping trip for some neat Native American goods and then headed back to Sedone with painted desert in background. Loved this tour and will recommend as a must! When booking this, Brenda is awesome and her follow up and suggestions on where to stay, eat, shop in sedona definitley pleased this customer!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank TravelingKramers
Bruce S, Owner at Touch the Southwest, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear "TravelingKramers",

Thank you for posting such a nice review of your time with us at Grand Canyon here on Trip Advisor. We strive to provide our guests with the most comfortable touring vehicles operating in the area, the most knowledgeable guides in the industry, and the finest in customer service anywhere. We are very fortunate to have Andrew as a guide with us, and Brenda is great as well.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to show you Grand Canyon our way...!

All the best,

Bruce Sawyer
Owner
Condé Nast Top Travel Specialist.

Fairfield
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Grand Canyon South Rim Tour”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

This is the guided tour to take of the Grand Canyon! Book your tour and ask for Bruce as your guide, he is amazingly knowledgeable. The tour was excellent but Bruce with his friendly personality and knowledge of the area as well as the canyon put the icing on the cake, you could not ask for more from a guided tour. A few times as Bruce was talking to us others seem to stop and gather around to hear what he had to say about the Canyon. Additionally, the lunch was simple and tasty. This tour is well worth the money spent.

1 Thank Glen J
Hi Glen,

Thank you for your kind words regarding your tour to Grand Canyon with us last month. I am glad you enjoyed yourself so much. We try to offer our guests the best guides in the business, most of which are regional experts in one field or another. Bruce happens to be our resident geologist. I am glad you enjoyed your time with him and Grand Canyon.

Again, thank you for selecting Touch the Southwest Tours to take you to Grand Canyon.
Houston, Texas
“Grand Canyon Tour”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

The tour was excellent. Bruce was our guide and was extremely informative about the geology of the area. And the lunch they provided was out of this world. Everyone wanted the recipes but to no avail. I will be using Touch of the Southwest for other tours. I highly recommend them for thier friendly and knowledgeable service.

Hi Rusty P,

Thank you for your kind words regarding your tour with us to Grand Canyon. I am glad you had a great day of it. And, thank you for your compliments to our Chef. I'll be passing that along to him.

Please let us know when you are planning your return visit to the southwest. We'll be more than happy to lend you whatever planning assistance and help you may need.

Again, many thanks for your kind words.
Newport News, Virginia
“Grand Canyon Tour”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

If you want a guided tour of the Grand Canton this is your tour! Book your tour and ask that Andrew be your guid, as he is AMAZING!!! The tour was good but Andrew is what made it Amazing. he was friendly, nice and Very Knowledgeable. you could not ask for more from a guided tour. In fact as Andrew was talking to us others seem to gather around as he was so full of the stuff you wanted to know about the Grand Canyon. The lunch was out of this world delish and being able to eat right there on the rim under the pine trees was very cool. This tour is well worth the money spent.

Bruce S, Owner at Touch the Southwest, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Dear "Carrie A",

Thank you for your kind words regarding your day at Grand Canyon. I am very pleased you had such a great time with us. We strive to have the best guides in the business working for us and Andrew is a great example of this. As for our Victorian Picnic, we are quite proud of our Chef and his fine menu, and we are extremely happy you enjoyed it so much.

Thank you once again for your kind words. We are happy that you enjoyed yourself.

Bruce Sawyer
Owner
Condé Nast Top Travel Specialist.
Sedona, Arizona
“A Magnificent Education”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I have visited Grand Canyon twice now with Touch of The Southwest Tours. Just when I thot I really knew quite abit about the Canyon, Bruce provided even more in-depth information, sprinkled with humorous anecdotes and fascinating facts. The lunch provided under the Pines was extraordinary. (BEGGED Bruce to provide his Brownie recipe...no go though. It's really special indeed!) I particularly liked his approach to allowing those of us so interested to walk about and investigate on our own...reasonable times were given to do this.No need to ever feel as though we were all grouped together, looking like a "tour." Bruce is one bright guy and has, I am certain, forgotten more than most people have ever learned about Grand Canyon. The BEST!

Hi BrandsMom20,

Thank you so much for such a great review. I greatly appreciate it. Although, I do wonder about just how much I have forgotten, probably more than I really want to consider. And thank you for your kind words regarding our Classic Victorian Picnic. We take great pride in offering our guests one of the best meals they have while on holiday here.

Please let me know the next time you plan on visiting Grand Canyon and I'll work out a great deal for you and your guests. It's the least I can do for such loyal fans.

Thanks, and hope to see you again.

Bruce Sawyer.