“A Magnificent Education”

Touch the Southwest
Ranked #2 of 9 Food & Drink in Flagstaff
More attraction details
Owner description: Condé Nast Top Travel Specialist Bruce Sawyer Grand Canyon Full-Day Tour Special with Classic Picnic, Expert Guides (some with Ph.D.'s), and New Luxury Touring Vans. The only tour operator in the southwest honored by Condé Nast for producing the finest custom tours. We also offer private tours to the Southwest's best destinations conducted in new luxury SUVs by regional experts who give you the Insider Access no one else can.
Sedona, Arizona
“A Magnificent Education”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I have visited Grand Canyon twice now with Touch of The Southwest Tours. Just when I thot I really knew quite abit about the Canyon, Bruce provided even more in-depth information, sprinkled with humorous anecdotes and fascinating facts. The lunch provided under the Pines was extraordinary. (BEGGED Bruce to provide his Brownie recipe...no go though. It's really special indeed!) I particularly liked his approach to allowing those of us so interested to walk about and investigate on our own...reasonable times were given to do this.No need to ever feel as though we were all grouped together, looking like a "tour." Bruce is one bright guy and has, I am certain, forgotten more than most people have ever learned about Grand Canyon. The BEST!

Visited April 2013
Bruce S, Owner at Touch the Southwest, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Hi BrandsMom20,

Thank you so much for such a great review. I greatly appreciate it. Although, I do wonder about just how much I have forgotten, probably more than I really want to consider. And thank you for your kind words regarding our Classic Victorian Picnic. We take great pride in offering our guests one of the best meals they have while on holiday here.

Please let me know the next time you plan on visiting Grand Canyon and I'll work out a great deal for you and your guests. It's the least I can do for such loyal fans.

Thanks, and hope to see you again.

Bruce Sawyer.
Owner.

Des Moines, Iowa
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Touch the Southwest should get a "6" - beyond excellent!”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We just wanted to thank Brenda and Andrew again for the FABULOUS experience we had on your Touch the Southwest Grand Canyon Luxury Tour. From the moment I called them to plan to the conclusion of the trip, it was first class service. The day was spectacular and what we learned was more than we had imagined. Our friends who accompanied us also were thrilled. From the pick-up at the hotel in Sedona to our return on the first-class touring van was a memorable experience for our birthdays. The day-long variety of the landscape and the educational information was truly exceptional!

Having Andrew as our tour guide to help us to understand what we were seeing and to answer our questions (of which there were many) was exactly what we had hoped for in learning about the Grand Canyon and the area in general. The picnic food was terrific (please thank Bruce for these great recipes). Spending time at the Trading Post in Cameron was not nearly long enough for us to appreciate all it had to offer, but we continued to learn from the experience.

The recommendations for staying at the Best Western Arroyo Robles Villas on Oak Creek in Sedona to the Elote Cafe were all especially helpful and we loved the entire experience. We think we may need to come back for a second trip to Sedona and Flagstaff as we didn't have nearly enough time to spend there. I, for one, would love to take another Touch the Southwest Tour ... perhaps the next time it will be Utah?

Please thank everyone for us once again!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank JodieB50
Dear "JodieB50",

Thank you for posting such a nice review of your time with us at Grand Canyon for your birthdays. We strive to provide our guests with the most comfortable touring vehicles operating in the area, the most knowledgeable guides in the industry, and the finest in customer service anywhere. I am pleased you had such a great time with your guide Andrew. As for the picnic food recipes, you are more than welcome.

Owner
Condé Nast Top Travel Specialist.
Northbrook, Illinois
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“The best way to see the Grand Canyon”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

My family and I were thrilled to spend the day with our guide, Mike, visiting the Grand Canyon. Mike was punctual, knowledgeable, accommodating, and did a great job of managing the needs and abilities of both adults and children. We booked a private trip for our family which allowed Mike to provide us with several different options for our day. In a one day trip, we were able to see several look-out points and hike into the canyon. In addition, the picnic lunch was plentiful and delicious.
If seeing the Grand Canyon from the Sedona area, there is no better way to go!! I would recommend this tour company to anyone and everyone.

Visited March 2013
Dear "Beth1225",

Thank you for posting such a nice review of your time with us in March on your private Grand Canyon Tour. We strive to provide our guests with the most knowledgeable guides in the industry, and we feel more than fortunate to have Mike as a guide with us here at Touch the Southwest.

I will pass along your kind words about our Classic Victorian Picnic to our Chef. I am sure he will appreciate hearing that you enjoyed his food. We like what he does as well

I am pleased you had such a great time with us.

San Miguel del Monte, Argentina
77 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“best way to grand canyon”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We visited Grand Canyon last January from Argentina. We means my wife, three children (14, 12 and 6) and me. Our visit was breathtaking not just for the great views, but also for the expertise of the guide (Bruce), who has a deep knowledge of the site and the kindness to make hard geology easy and interesting, even for my children. We missed the picnik, winter is cold. I strongly recomed this tour.

Visited January 2013
Dear Jorge V,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a nice review of your time with us at Grand Canyon on Trip Advisor. I am pleased you had a great time.

Sadly, bad weather does get in the way of us having our Classic Victorian Picnic on all tours. But we insist on buying you lunch, one way or another. I hope our selection of restaurant was adequate. Although, I must admit, nothing offered at Grand Canyon comes close to what we offer in our picnic, but this is probably just owner's pride.

Cocoa Beach, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great choice for Grand Canyon day tour with Touch the Southwest!”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I started out planning our trip to Arizona months in advance and am so very glad I selected Touch the Southwest for a daytrip tour of the Grand Canyon with my daughter. Brenda provided professional, prompt and easy correspondence and booking of our reservation. Our tour guide was extremely knowledgeable and informative. Small, friendly group accompanied us and vehicle accomodations were very comfortable - good visibility and just the right size. Views were incredible driving up to the canyon and walking around the south rim. It was too cold to enjoy Bruce's famous Classic Victorian picnic lunch, but we enjoyed a nice lunch at a local deli. I highly recommend Touch the Southwest for the Grand Canyon tour - an excellent value and an inforgettable experience!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Mary L
Bruce S, Owner at Touch the Southwest, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Mary L,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a nice review of your experience with us at Grand Canyon on Trip Advisor. I am pleased you had a great time.