“Fun Place”

Altitudes Bar & Grill
Ranked #99 of 374 Restaurants in Flagstaff
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Altitudes Bar and Grill is your locally owned and operated hang out with great ambiance, unforgettable food and a terrific staff that makes you want to come back time and time again. And you will once you've tried our signature burgers and salads, homemade soups and chili. Plan to join us for freshly squeezed drinks and live music on the patio in the warmer months, where you'll see all your friends while enjoying the amazing view of the San Francisco Peaks and the train as it passes through Flagstaff's downtown region (don't forget to order one of our famous train shots!). Check us out and bring your friends, you'll be glad you did.
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Had a great dinner here. Waitress was very nice and provided great service. Owner came over and chatted for a long time. Staff was very friendly. My friend had Loaded Baked Potato Soup and said it was very good. Her husband had a burger and it was very good as well. I had the Steak sandwich and it was cooked just the way I wanted and had great flavor. My husband had the quesadillas and was surprised how big the serving was but was quite happy with them. Fun place to go! We were sorry we found this place on our last evening in Flagstaff, otherwise we would have returned during our stay.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

It was self-seating that evening so we sat in the patio area in front of the restaurant. There were two waiters in the area, but in 20 minutes we were not given menus, asked for a drink order, spoken to, oreven made eye contact or ! We decided they didn't want our business. So we left. There are many excellent restaurants in downtown Flagstaff. We will never go back to Altitudes!

1  Thank jdb3456
Reviewed August 24, 2013

This is a great location, yes the service was a bit slow but waitress was apologetic. Who's in a rush anyway, chill out relax and enjoy counting the carraiges on the extra long trains!! Kids meal great, served on a frisby that they can keep, fab idea. Nachos excellent (and half price) and brought us loads of extra dips when requested. Good experience and value $25 for 4 to eat and drink, amazing.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

As a former server myself, I have a great deal of compassion for servers. That said, I was appalled by the service I experienced at Altitude's. The staff at Altitude's do not posses even an ounce of professionalism. We waited 45 minutes for our food, during which time we were never approached with an update on our food, nonetheless an apology. Out of the six of us, two of our orders were messed up. After sending them back, one of them came back wrong again. The food is bar food with an extra helping of grease. If you order a burger, be prepared for an over-sized bun that attempts to hide the abysmal quality of their food. They had a band playing inside that was WAY. TOO. LOUD. I could not hear anything my friends were saying. For all of our trouble, we were only given 10% off the total. To top things off, our check came with gratuity included. We had no choice but to tip. Never, ever going back.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised to find so many free tables on a busy Saturday. We found out why. The food was pleasant - I had a really good Cobb salad - but the service was dreadful. We were served by a total of 4 different people. We had to wait 20 minutes for our drinks, and then 2 minutes later another waitress brought us the same drinks. She seemed annoyed with us that we already had them. The food took another age. Then we wanted to leave. We finally managed to attract our waitress's attention, she said another person had to get our bill. We waited. We stood up to go to the counter, the same woman came rushing over and said to stay where we were and she'd chase it up. Another 10 minutes, so we went to the counter and the host was able to print our bill for us. I have never failed to leave a tip before, but tonight it was the only possible response.